Junctions and mainline priority with path signals

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

zazzn
Engineer
Engineer

Junctions and mainline priority with path signals

Post by zazzn »

Is it possible to do this without crazy logic gates? Or the secondary line and pre-signals?

I really just want to use the basic 2 signals available in the newer versions. I've been trying to use waypoints to direct trains to a specific line that is high-speed. Generally, I use transfer stations and one factory/food processing center, so things get really busy there with trains. I'm trying to figure out how to prioritize traffic to the express lines and send trains to the collectors only when they need to enter or exit.

I've been reading all the wiki's but they are all old and really don't talk about junctions with path signals. There was one example and realistically, I wasn't a fan of it
odisseus
Director
Director

Re: Junctions and mainline priority with path signals

Post by odisseus »

No, it isn't possible to build a priority merger using only path signals. Priority mergers work by "reserving" additional tiles in front of the train, beyond the range that has been reserved by the pathfinder. This is the opposite of what the path signals do.

That said, the priority merger in its basic form is quite simple. See this post for a detailed explanation.

Return to “General OpenTTD”