Auto-Handling of Servers

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Auto-Handling of Servers

Post by Redirect Left »

Heyo!
In the past I used autopilot scripts to handle servers, however I cannot find one that is still regularly updated, so either its perfect or the author has moved on.
So I'm curious, what do people currently recommend for handling a server / autopilot?
Perhaps I am approaching this wrong, do autopilots generally rely on things that can be changed / altered by OTTD versions as they increment, or do they hook into OTTD in an update-proof manner and i can safely use older stuff from early to mid 2010s?

Any advice and/or help is appreciated.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Auto-Handling of Servers

Post by Eddi »

the very old "autopilot" used the console to interface with the server, which was superceded quite a while ago with the admin interface, as that needs a lot less maintenance. there exist a few libraries like JOAN and libottdadmin for this interface.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Eddi wrote: 05 Oct 2022 10:52 the very old "autopilot" used the console to interface with the server, which was superceded quite a while ago with the admin interface, as that needs a lot less maintenance. there exist a few libraries like JOAN and libottdadmin for this interface.
Thanks for the info, I was entirely unaware of the admin port, shows how long I've been out of the server side of stuff!
Unfortunately it looks like most of the linked to libraries are fairly inactive / abandoned, at least, those that are linked on this page: https://wiki.openttd.org/en/Development ... min%20port - I'll see if I can find an active one in a language I know, so javascript/node or PHP, basically, although from the looks i might have to see if my weak knowledge of python gets me anyway from libraries!

Sidenote incase anyone here operates openttdcoop or knows an admin - your soap library on the above page leads to a 502/Bad Gateway. - i thiiiink it should go here from a google search , but i won't update it on that page in case its not the same thing -
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Redirect Left wrote: 06 Oct 2022 16:41 Sidenote incase anyone here operates openttdcoop or knows an admin - your soap library on the above page leads to a 502/Bad Gateway. - i thiiiink it should go here from a google search , but i won't update it on that page in case its not the same thing -
There is a fork called "suds" that may be of interest to you.
https://github.com/ropenttd/suds

Return to “General OpenTTD”