Installation Issues with OpenTTD 12.2 (Focal)

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

AntoninKyrene
Engineer
Engineer

Installation Issues with OpenTTD 12.2 (Focal)

Post by AntoninKyrene »

Hello!

When I try to install the OpenTTD version for Ubuntu 20.04 (Focal) I get an error as follows: "Dependency is not satisfiable: libfluidsynth2 (>=2.0.5)" I have the entire libfluidsynth-dev package installed as v2.2.5-1, including all of the gcc-12-base dependencies that get missed in some instances.

I...am either having a massive brain moment and missing something obvious, or this needs some technical assistance for which I do not know where to start. I am running Linux Mint 21 (Cinnamon) on an AMD Ryzen 7 5825u with kernel 5.15.0-47. This is not a showstopper for me, as I normally play in a Windows VM or on my Mac, but it would be nice to run natively. I am trying to avoid compiling from scratch out of laziness, but motivation is certainly possible if compiling is a preferred option. Changing distros on this machine is not an option, but tinkering in a VM is, if needed.

Thank you!
Kuolema Tekee Taiteilijan
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Installation Issues with OpenTTD 12.2 (Focal)

Post by Eddi »

as a rule of thumb: if you don't install it on the exact version of ubuntu as given, install the generic version instead.

alternatively, find a repository for your own distribution. many distributions have one.
AntoninKyrene
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Installation Issues with OpenTTD 12.2 (Focal)

Post by AntoninKyrene »

And that, friends, is why they do not let me play in the datacenter anymore.

Thank you, Eddi. I'm back in business.
Kuolema Tekee Taiteilijan

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”