[OTTD] Temporal8´s Real Industries 32bpp Beta Released!!

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] Temporal8´s Real Industries 32bpp Beta Released!!

Post by Argus »

So that's understandable since there's been an openttd problems thread since the bugs, if they're reported elsewhere it's clearly lost
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Argus wrote: 07 May 2023 09:39 Everyone doesn't want to create another account to report a bug when they can report it here. Reminding github can prevent someone from reporting a bug next time because they will know in advance what the reaction will be.
It only seems logical to me that if you want to get the developer's attention as to a bug, and want them to fix it promptly, you go to where the developer is working on such things.

Once upon a time TT-Forums was the hub where everything to done because there was nothing else that was as easy. This is no longer the case, and has not been for some number of years. Even the OpenTTD devs have moved forward.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Is it true. In addition, development is handled on github. I just wrote that having multiple accounts for one game may seem unnecessary to some.
From the point of view of an ordinary user who does not know the background, it seems sufficient to report the error here. :)
Azurlazar
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Azurlazar »

temporal8 wrote: 13 Aug 2022 11:15
Archiel wrote: 10 Aug 2022 04:07 This is looking great! I played a bit with the beta, and found a few other issues. I hope this is helpful:

The bananas page here doesn't link to this forum thread: (it links to another one)
https://bananas.openttd.org/package/newgrf/54454d39

Iron Ore mines require university trained workers / heavy machinery. They seem to produce nothing without inputs.

I had zero high schools spawn on my 1024x1024 map. (But I had 41 universities.. they seem to produce nothing without high school students however.)

I also had zero: Car dealers, fuel stations, hospitals, ikeas, modern art museums, parks, and police stations.

The oil rigs work if you can put a dock near them. (So they work like normal industries).

Tyres are transported in liquid cars.

I am very excited to see more! Thank you!
Hi, thanks a lot for reporting those issues! :bow:

1 - Iron mines: for every worker produce IORE 0.20 and for every vehicle IORE 0.50,
Maybe it needs an difficultylevel adjustment.

2 - High Schools spawn: Set the default town layout in advanced "settings" to 3x3 grid and my settings for map generation:

Map Size: 1024x1024
Terrain type: Flat
Variety distribution: None
Sea Level: low
No. of towns: normal
Smoothness: Smooth
Rivers: None

3- Car dealers, fuel stations, hospitals, ikeas, modern art museums, parks, and police stations:

Idem 2, need a 3x3 place.
I dont Understand this: "3- Car dealers, fuel stations, hospitals, ikeas, modern art museums, parks, and police stations:

Idem 2, need a 3x3 place." Its realy not working for me
skc
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by skc »

Azurlazar wrote: 12 Jul 2023 21:45
temporal8 wrote: 13 Aug 2022 11:15
Archiel wrote: 10 Aug 2022 04:07 <snip/>
Hi, thanks a lot for reporting those issues! :bow:

<snip/>
3- Car dealers, fuel stations, hospitals, ikeas, modern art museums, parks, and police stations:

Idem 2, need a 3x3 place.
I dont Understand this: "3- Car dealers, fuel stations, hospitals, ikeas, modern art museums, parks, and police stations:

Idem 2, need a 3x3 place." Its realy not working for me
Those industries require a 3x3 area within a town, to be placed.
Set the town-layout option to 3x3 and you've got a good chance that they will be created during map generation, and most will appear during gameplay as towns grow.
smugger
Engineer
Engineer

Post by smugger »

Hi all!

I installed the entire Temporal8 suite, including the Real Industries.

I don't know if I am doing something wrong, but it seems to have a dead-lock scenario.

To produce Qualified Workers, I need Students. To produce Students I need Food. To produce Food, I need grain + cattle + metal. To produce metal, I need Iron Ore. To produce Iron Ore I need Qualified Workers.

Qualified Workers << Students << Food << Metal << Iron Ore << Qualified workers.

Therefore, all seems locked and I can't start.

Is it a bug? because food does not seem to be a requirement for Students in the chain posted here.
temporal8
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by temporal8 »

smugger wrote: 24 Sep 2023 13:14 Hi all!

I installed the entire Temporal8 suite, including the Real Industries.

I don't know if I am doing something wrong, but it seems to have a dead-lock scenario.

To produce Qualified Workers, I need Students. To produce Students I need Food. To produce Food, I need grain + cattle + metal. To produce metal, I need Iron Ore. To produce Iron Ore I need Qualified Workers.

Qualified Workers << Students << Food << Metal << Iron Ore << Qualified workers.

Is it a bug? because food does not seem to be a requirement for Students in the chain posted here.

Hi, the food produce trash, for students you only need passengers.
Real Projects 32bpp releases:

Real Semi Trucks 32bpp: viewtopic.php?t=90996
Real Houses Eyecandy Objects 32bp: viewtopic.php?t=90767
Real Ships 32bpp: viewtopic.php?t=90733
Real Industries 32bpp: viewtopic.php?t=90183
Real Houses Townset 32bp: viewtopic.php?p=1254605
Real Stations 32bpp: viewtopic.php?p=1255635
Real Cars 32bpp: viewtopic.php?p=1249244
Real Vehicles 32bpp: viewtopic.php?p=1253581
Real Bus 32bpp: viewtopic.php?p=1249245
Real Trucks 32bpp: viewtopic.php?p=1254468
Real Parks 32bpp: viewtopic.php?p=1250255
Argentina World Cup 2022 Champions Bus 32bpp viewtopic.php?p=1257026
hmg06
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hmg06 »

When will Oil Rig be working?
bungus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bungus »

Wow! These look so good. How did you make the graphics?
temporal8
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by temporal8 »

bungus wrote: 28 Oct 2023 05:04 Wow! These look so good. How did you make the graphics?
3d Modeling, texturing and rendering in 3dsmax, postprocess in photoshop.

SeaFloor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SeaFloor »

Hello, where can I find the parameters to fund each industry? Whenever I try to manually place one it says site unsuitable and other nonsense.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

At least one industry (Bistro) defines broken/invalid strings for the name suffix for new nearby stations.

Also, is the source of this GRF posted somewhere?
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Davidoff
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Davidoff »

Hi! I have been away from Open TTD for quite some time, but when I saw screenshots of these Real Industries, i thought WOW! They really look good, so I decided to have a go,

I noticed that the delivery chains have become more complex which is more fun of course. However I think that som of the logic does not make sense. For example, the basic industres that provide raw material like wood or coal require BOTH qualified workers and heavy machinery to produce anything at all. And the production quota is really low aswell. I appreciate the idea but what about requiring only qualified workers as a criteria for production and then the input of heavy machinery could increase the production quota. Also the production quota of heavy machinery is really high and does not require any input at all which is a bit inconsistent.

Anyway, really nice looking industries and a great effort tom make the supply chains more interesting!

One question, what GRF are you using for the trees in your screenshots? I have not been able to find any nice trees that work with 32 bpp.

Best Regards
David
belgi
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by belgi »

Davidoff wrote: 16 Jan 2024 14:46 Hi! I have been away from Open TTD for quite some time, but when I saw screenshots of these Real Industries, i thought WOW! They really look good, so I decided to have a go,

I noticed that the delivery chains have become more complex which is more fun of course. However I think that som of the logic does not make sense. For example, the basic industres that provide raw material like wood or coal require BOTH qualified workers and heavy machinery to produce anything at all. And the production quota is really low aswell. I appreciate the idea but what about requiring only qualified workers as a criteria for production and then the input of heavy machinery could increase the production quota. Also the production quota of heavy machinery is really high and does not require any input at all which is a bit inconsistent.

Anyway, really nice looking industries and a great effort tom make the supply chains more interesting!

One question, what GRF are you using for the trees in your screenshots? I have not been able to find any nice trees that work with 32 bpp.

Best Regards
David
Hello!
It's true that the industry is more demanding, but if you have a lot of free time, it's also more fun :-)

Mmch, very nice trees provided by graphics from the CZTR family ;-)
look on
viewtopic.php?t=76558

I wish you a nice day
Hafting
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hafting »

Very nice looking, and fun to have a game where nothing gets pixellated when zooming all the way in.

I have noticed some production oddities though. There is a sort of unwritten rule: when a train bring raw materials into a factory (with no existing stockpile of materials), then the same train has enough capacity to transport whatever the factory produced. This because the products are made from the materials brought in. (Mines/farms/fish/oil are exceptions, as those industries mostly pull stuff out of the ground/sea.)

The food factory seems to break this rule: A small truck bring in some cattle, and they make enough food to fill a third of a 12-car train. (About 100 food from 15 cattle?) This could make sense, if the unit for cattle is one cow, and the unit for food is one meal. But then the transports ought to have greater capacity for meal units than for cow units. They do not, so seemingly the food factory makes 100t of food from 15t of cattle. Do they add a lot of water?

Bringing food to a prison or police station also seems to result in more trash produced, than food delivered. Hard to do, even if they take one bite and discards the rest.
temporal8
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by temporal8 »

Thank you very much for the report, I will review it

chillspot
Engineer
Engineer

Post by chillspot »

smugger wrote: 24 Sep 2023 13:14

Feel like Temporal was missing the point in his reply here.

Just started playing with the industry set and i love the graphics and design here. But it seems like those industry chains are broken at the moment?
Heavy machinery from vehicle factory needs metal but ore mining needs heavy machinery? Workers alone won't do anything?

I like playing on large maps with many towns and industry spread far apart. Random render puts corresponding chains way far apart which at early starts give horrendous logistic and financial issues, which is a pity. Got a few industry chains moving, mostly by trucks and busses but those normally comprise only an extra income besides the major one; being coal, iron ore, goods, and maybe farming goods and food. Now it seems indeed the workers don't help in mining or producing anything.

I'd favour a system like in vanilla and other industry newgrf's where all industry provides some output as soon as a vehicle arrives to pick it up, but that it would get boosted as soon as you supply desired input resources, so no chain would be broken. Maybe for some you'd want a perfect chain setup, but correct me if i'm wrong, to make machines to get iron ore for metal, while the machinery factory gets tyres and plastics (from a recycle plant) but no metal, so is not putting out, cuz the ore mine won't work without machines.
Can this be circumvented or remedied?

EDIT : i feel impatient. it just started working, they just put out slow and few. maybe ignore most of my post ;)

Return to “Graphics Releases”