British Rail Set (BRTrains v2)

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

audigex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: British Rail Set (BRTrains v2)

Post by audigex »

Version 2.5 released. As usual, a couple of units, a few liveries, and a few fixes included in this version

The next version is expected to be a breaking change as some locomotive lengths get re-worked, so don't start a game with this version expecting to be able to upgrade in-game. If you want to play a long game with the set, I recommend waiting for the next version after this one, which should hopefully be the only breaking change in the near future

- Added APT-E (Gas Turbine APT)
- Added Dual Voltage version of Class 373 Eurostar
- Added Pride liveries for Class 390 and 700
- Added Greater Anglia liveries to Class 153 + 156
- Added BR Black livery for Class 37
- Added Northern "Tour of Yorkshire" livery for Class 158
- Added Aventra cab windows on side view
- Fixed BR170 Northern livery missing middle car sprite
- Fixed some names, added some nicknames to units
- Fixed Class 55 (Deltic) alignment
- Disambiguated 745/755 (FLIRT) from 720 (Aventra) on diagonal views
Jon
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Are there any plans to update this? The UK has a number of new units coming up, as well as some new liveries already floating about the network, would be nice if they were added.

Great work so far as always though.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
audigex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by audigex »

Redirect Left wrote: 21 Nov 2023 12:39 Are there any plans to update this? The UK has a number of new units coming up, as well as some new liveries already floating about the network, would be nice if they were added.

Yup, absolutely

I’ve got a couple of big jobs that need doing on the project that have been putting me off a bit (they’re a little daunting) but at some point there will almost certainly be an update

Give me a list of the units and liveries you’re thinking of and I’ll make sure they’re added

A handful are already either drawn or coded (196/197 are two obvious examples) but things like the EMR and Avanti 800-series aren’t drawn yet as they don’t exist as far as I’m aware (I can only find artists impressions so far)
Jon
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

audigex wrote: 21 Nov 2023 13:02
Redirect Left wrote: 21 Nov 2023 12:39 Are there any plans to update this? The UK has a number of new units coming up, as well as some new liveries already floating about the network, would be nice if they were added.

Yup, absolutely
Absolutely I can give a list, and its good to see you're still active and continuing the great work!

So here's what i'm aware of at present. There's probably more I am unaware of from a cursory search, doesn't include the 196/197 you mentioned already.

New Stock New liveries on old units Old units but not included in BRTrains2 at present, if you ever feel like adding them, they might be nice? Also i'm not sure why, but some units with both SWR & SWT liveries, only mention SWT in the "liveries" list on the purchase menu.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.

Return to “Graphics Releases”