[UI] Scenario Editor: Add an 'are you sure' prompt to the many random towns/industries buttons.

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Balsiefen
Engineer
Engineer

[UI] Scenario Editor: Add an 'are you sure' prompt to the many random towns/industries buttons.

Post by Balsiefen »

Basically as the title says, those buttons are pretty easy to click accidently and they spam so many towns/industries onto the map that it is usually easier to reload and lose work than it is to go through and delete them all by hand.

On a similar note, adding an autosave feature to the scenario editor would be nice too, but I guess that's a little harder to implement.
LaChupacabra
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: [UI] Scenario Editor: Add an 'are you sure' prompt to the many random towns/industries buttons.

Post by LaChupacabra »

Balsiefen wrote: 16 Jun 2022 14:33 Basically as the title says, those buttons are pretty easy to click accidently and they spam so many towns/industries onto the map that it is usually easier to reload and lose work than it is to go through and delete them all by hand.
You are using an old version of the game. Probably 1.10.3 or earlier. The current one is 12.2. For over a year now, thanks to Kuhnovic (PR #8550 on GitHub), this feature for the enterprise is now available. You can even delete all enterprises easily and here, too, you won't do it accidentally. :)

This is from a presentation of the prototype version. In the game, these buttons are at the top.

However, there is still a similar problem with the function of planting random trees and as you wrote about founding multiple random cities... In the case of trees, it is so bad that today it is practically impossible to remove these trees from scenario and also from current game. Previously, it was possible to turn off the growth of trees, which resulted in their disappearance. Currently, there is even no such option anymore...
Balsiefen wrote: 16 Jun 2022 14:33 On a similar note, adding an autosave feature to the scenario editor would be nice too, but I guess that's a little harder to implement.
Yes, that would definitely be useful. :)
I am sorry for may English. I know is bed.
Balsiefen
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [UI] Scenario Editor: Add an 'are you sure' prompt to the many random towns/industries buttons.

Post by Balsiefen »

Oh, that's odd, I'd thought the steam version updated automatically. Perhaps not?

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”