Invite code for Multiplayer

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

mauried
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Invite code for Multiplayer

Post by mauried »

Sorry if this is a silly question, but how do you find out the invite code for a Server running in invite only mode so that another player can join?
The instructions simply state that the player or players wishing to join the game simply type in the invite code when joining the game.
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Invite code for Multiplayer

Post by jfs »

The players/server status list you can get by clicking the Companies button.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

the point of an invite code is that you need to know a person who can give you one. asking for an invite code on a public forum completely defeats the point.
mauried
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mauried »

Thanks jfs , found the code.
It would help if the instructions for playing multiplayer using the invite code were made a bit clearer as all I could find was how the clients joined.
What I was trying to do was provide an easy and simple method for a group of elderly people to play Openttd together as I showed them the game and they liked playing it in single player mode,but arnt very literate technically so getting them to be able to host their own multiplayer games was beyond them so the invite only method looked like a good solution, provided that the person hosting the game knew where to find it , so it could given to the others.
They like making their own maps, so want to be able to take turns to host the game so the others can play on their maps.
Should work fine now.

Return to “General OpenTTD”