Ctrl-Click not working for sharing orders

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

bullettrain
Engineer
Engineer

Ctrl-Click not working for sharing orders

Post by bullettrain »

Hi All,

Like others, been playing this game since it came out in the 90s! However, I have always used advanced signal setups to space out trains evenly. I started a new game and thought it might be easier to use the ctrl-click in order to share orders. Only it is not working, despite huge amounts of googling and searching these forums. I hope someone here can help as it is now really hampering my game play.

What happens:

1. I build a circuit, eg, 4 train stations.
2. Create a train
3. Set the train off with "autofill" to populate schedule/expected times
4. Ctrl-click on the train to clone - nope, it just activates the "start-stop" of the vehicle.
5. Ok - send train to depot, pause game, use the clone train button, vehicle is cloned with train orders, but not shared orders from start date
6. Ctrl-click on start date to set date and share orders to the other cloned trains in the depot - nope, "can't reverse train in depot" error. No shared orders are shared, the shared orders button is greyed out.

Ctrl-click does work in other areas of the game. This is really frustrating as you can tell, I have checked hotkeys.conf and conf files in the game. I can't see anywhere I can change ctrl to another key to try. I do run this game on MacOS, however, no other issues. :D
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Ctrl-Click not working for sharing orders

Post by Eddi »

• ctrl+click on a train makes it start/stop, you have to click on the "clone train" button in the depot first, and THEN ctrl+click on the train
  • alternatively, you have to hold ctrl while the train is in the depot, and you use the clone train button in the train window
  • if you mistakenly copied orders, instead of sharing them, you have to clean out the order list, click "go to", and then ctrl+click on a train to share the orders (without making a new train)
bullettrain
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bullettrain »

How did I miss that! :roll: Feel like an idiot now. :D

Thank you.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Eddi wrote: 23 May 2022 10:33 if you mistakenly copied orders, instead of sharing them, you have to clean out the order list, click "go to", and then ctrl+click on a train to share the orders (without making a new train)
You don't need to "clean out the order list". Ctrl-clicking to share orders will work regardless.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”