Increase the limit for inline display of attached images

Voice your opinions, concerns and suggestions on how to make the Transport Tycoon Forums better.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Increase the limit for inline display of attached images

Post by jfs »

Currently the limit for how large attached images can be and still display inline is 800x600.
Since the forums were opened, the average screen resolution used has increased a lot, as has the bandwidth of internet connections. The larger screens also means that screenshots taken will naturally be bigger, unless you manually crop or resize them.

Would it be reasonable to increase the limit to 1024x768 or possibly even larger?
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Increase the limit for inline display of attached images

Post by orudge »

We avoided increasing it too much due to a reasonable number of people using mobile devices, but with screens on those getting bigger too, maybe 1024x768 or so is reasonable. Can always try and revert if necessary. I’ll make the changes when I’m back on a PC…
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

And honestly also just because, I run OpenTTD at 2048x1536 in window, with 2x GUI scale. Taking screenshots of even small things end up large pixel dimensions.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

The limit should now be 1200x900 - I don't know if existing images/attachments that didn't fit into the old limit but would fit now will appear automatically or not, but hopefully anything new should be displayed.
odisseus
Director
Director

Post by odisseus »

Large images disrupt the flow of text, even if they fit entirely onto the screen. I feel they should be kept hidden by default, except in the dedicated screenshot threads.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

orudge wrote: 02 May 2022 09:29 I don't know if existing images/attachments that didn't fit into the old limit but would fit now will appear automatically or not.
Looking at my own Screenshot Thread, and the viewing figures of the images, it would appear that older images that fit the new limit now also automatically appear.

In the below screenshot for example, Screenshot 17 has 7384 views and 18 has supposedly never been viewed.

Also, yes, shameless plug, I know!
Attachments
Screenshot_20220502-123450_Samsung Internet.jpg
(690.19 KiB) Not downloaded yet
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Pilot wrote: 02 May 2022 11:38 In the below screenshot for example, Screenshot 17 has 7384 views and 18 has supposedly never been viewed.
Yes, the view count not updating has been a long-standing issue, I’m not quite sure why it happens to be honest!

Return to “Forum Suggestions and Feedback”