Windows totally out of scale - VERY ******.

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Estzen
Engineer
Engineer

Windows totally out of scale - VERY ******.

Post by Estzen »

How is this a friendly family forum where your posts get disapproved when you wanna get help for your windows getting totally ruined by the game?
really good work by moderators.... my freaking work pc is totally messed up and people just delete posts ....

superb... Image
Geo Ghost

Re: Windows totally out of scale - VERY PISSED.

Post by Geo Ghost »

Estzen wrote: 07 Apr 2022 20:09 How is this a friendly family forum where your posts get disapproved when you wanna get help for your windows getting totally ruined by the game?
really good work by moderators.... my freaking work pc is totally messed up and people just delete posts ....

superb... Image
I was almost tempted to disapprove your post purely on how absolutely rude and disrespectful you are to our membership... :roll:
There is no need to be like that. It's not going to endear yourself with anyone here, let alone help get any support for the game.
I've edited your title as swearing is not permitted here. By the looks of it, the post was disapproved before because of your use of language. So that isn't our fault or problem, that is your own.
Additionally, the team deals with an untold amount of spam posts on a daily basis. Removing bots, spam users, pestering posts, etc. So yeah, I would say the team does really good work to protect it's members thanks.
Don't swear, don't be rude, and perhaps your posts won't be removed.

Now, I suggest perhaps calming down, having a breather, and posting your issue again in a a more respectable fashion so someone can assist.

I trust we'll have no further issues.
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Windows totally out of scale - VERY ******.

Post by jfs »

"Windows ruined by the game" -- do you mean you suspect that your Windows operating system installation was damaged by OpenTTD's installer or by the game starting/running?
That would really need extraordinary proof.

The installer for OpenTTD copies some files to a folder under the Program Files folder the OS returns. It generally creates a new folder for this, named after the game, and allows you to choose a different folder if you want to.
The installer will not copy files to any other locations, in particular it will not touch anything in the Windows or System32 folders.
It does also add shortcuts to the Start menu and/or Desktop folders, again using the folder locations the OS returns when asked for those specific locations.
Changes to the registry are limited to adding entries for the Uninstall listing in the "Apps and programs" settings page/"Programs and features" control panel. It does not attempt to change any system settings, change any file associations, or redirect any system files or similar.

The game is designed to run as a standard user, and does not require administrator privileges. All game settings are stored in a folder under the Documents folder designated by the OS.
The game (since a few years ago) attempts to probe for a working OpenGL driver to get a level of GPU acceleration, but otherwise all rendering happens in software. The GPU acceleration probing and usage is limited to standard calls that should be safe on all systems with normal, stable hardware and drivers.

When I hear a claim like that, that a regular application/game that has caused no issues for tens of thousands of others, suddenly supposedly "ruins a system", I get very suspicious, and my go-to explanation will be that something was wrong with the computer/OS installation from the beginning. That could be an OS installation compromised by alterations like "slimming down" (removing components that are ordinarily required), or is infected by some kind of malware, or it could be caused by malfunctioning hardware. It could also be a user error like pointing the installer to a weird install location, causing it to overwrite files it would normally never, or by downloading from a third party (not www.openttd.org or Steam or one of the other official distribution channels) that has repacked the installer to include malware.

So if you really believe your system was damaged by OpenTTD specifically, you need to provide some very good proof and very good arguments.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”