No online content in iOS version

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

TGVfan
Engineer
Engineer

No online content in iOS version

Post by TGVfan »

Downloaded the iOS version (latest release) for use on my iPad but when klicking “check online content” the list remains empty and I can’t find any scenario or grf.

Any solutions? (Yes, I was connected to the internet) :lol:

UPDATE

The app installed with 24bit default. Setting it to 8 bit seems to have resolved the problem.
ebla71
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: No online content in iOS version

Post by ebla71 »

TGVfan wrote: 14 Mar 2022 11:15 Downloaded the iOS version (latest release) for use on my iPad but when klicking “check online content” the list remains empty and I can’t find any scenario or grf.

Any solutions? (Yes, I was connected to the internet) :lol:

UPDATE

The app installed with 24bit default. Setting it to 8 bit seems to have resolved the problem.
I also had occasional problems with the NewGRF download in recent days, usually late in the evening in my timezone (MET), but it went away without any re-installation. It was my impression that there might have been service work going on with the online content download system - maybe some of the admins can comment on this? Of course, was hoping for improvements with the BaNaNaS tool in the context of the usual annual "release day", which is only a bit over two weeks away :D
TGVfan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TGVfan »

You might be right. Pressing the 8Bit button in options does crash the iOS app.
Plum88
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Plum88 »

I'm having the same problem. When I go to the settings to change to 8bit it says I have to restart the app.

How am I meant to restart the app correctly as when I do this via double clicking home button it restarts as 24 bit

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”