[AI] AAAHogEx

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

AAAHogEx
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [AI] AAAHogEx

Post by AAAHogEx »

uzurpator wrote: 20 Mar 2023 16:31 Can they re-use their own buoys? If there is a buoy, say, 4-8 tiles away and it is reachable from the place the AI would place a new one then use the existing one?
If it is in the exact same location, AAAHogEx will reuse it. But is there an AI that will search the neighborhood for reusable buoys, at the risk of making a detour and slowing things down even more? I know of no AI that would do that. Besides, AAAHogEx aims to be an AI that can profit from serious competition with human players. Because I thought that there are already many better AIs out there for people who care about landscape and liveliness.
uzurpator
Transport Empire Moderator

Post by uzurpator »

The AI has a problem with upgrading rail types. Biggest culprits are tracks under a bridge.
Attachments
failed_upgrade3.jpg
(1.87 MiB) Not downloaded yet
failed_upgrade.jpg
(1.92 MiB) Not downloaded yet
failed_upgrade2.jpg
(1.92 MiB) Not downloaded yet
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
uzurpator

Post by uzurpator »

Note - GRF I am using here is OG Tropic Refurbishment Set 0.31, available on BaNaNas. It has a quirk that many early wagons are very short, which throws a curve-ball towards Hog, as it likes to run full 7 tile trains. Anyhow.

As for being excessive:

Two AIs decided to throw 3x7 stations on a 120 production well. That, with perfect ratings, will yield them approx 50 oil per month per station. Seems too much for such a small well.
excessive.jpg
(1.81 MiB) Not downloaded yet
AI decided to throw 3x7 station, run chock full of trains on them with merely four office blocks in range. Obviously, barely making money. Moreover, AI does seem to understand that tropical cities require water and food to grow, thus throws lots of infrastructure on them.
Suggestion, regarding this, how about using buses as a feeder for these stations?
excessive2.jpg
(1.83 MiB) Not downloaded yet

This one is weird, because AI was using FULL load on the green water line, yet, at this station water was accepted. So all those trains are waiting for passengers, I think.
excessive3.jpg
(1.85 MiB) Not downloaded yet
I also had one situation where HOG was feeding a station with oil, but wasn't moving that oil anywhere. Sadly, no picture :(

As for buoys - it's not really that big of a deal, but it is somewhat unsightly. On related note, I'd love if Hog was cleaning after itself, roads included. There are plenty of roads, depots and even entire rail lines on my current, now concluded game.
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

uzurpator wrote: 22 Mar 2023 21:08I'd love if Hog was cleaning after itself, roads included. There are plenty of roads, depots and even entire rail lines on my current, now concluded game.
I ran into that a lot doing the ongoing mass testing for this thread. Lots of abandoned stations, it was the only remaining issue I ran across. Other than it being overly aggressive but that isn't so much a bug as a feature that some may not be a fan of.
The buoys is an issue for, from what I found, nearly all ship using AI.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
AAAHogEx
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AAAHogEx »

Version 43 released!
Redirect Left wrote: 23 Mar 2023 02:25
uzurpator wrote: 22 Mar 2023 21:08I'd love if Hog was cleaning after itself, roads included. There are plenty of roads, depots and even entire rail lines on my current, now concluded game.
I ran into that a lot doing the ongoing mass testing for this thread. Lots of abandoned stations, it was the only remaining issue I ran across. Other than it being overly aggressive but that isn't so much a bug as a feature that some may not be a fan of.
・Delete unnecessary stations and tracks. (It will be deleted after a delay for safety reasons)
uzurpator wrote: 22 Mar 2023 21:08 Suggestion, regarding this, how about using buses as a feeder for these stations?
・Make a few adjustments. (Not sure if it will work...)
・Improved performance of large maps
AAAHogEx
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AAAHogEx »

uzurpator wrote: 22 Mar 2023 21:08 Two AIs decided to throw 3x7 stations on a 120 production well. That, with perfect ratings, will yield them approx 50 oil per month per station. Seems too much for such a small well.
excessive.jpg
This tends to happen when running multiple AAAHogEx, because they each think the same thoughts and come to the same conclusions... 8o
AAAHogEx
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AAAHogEx »

uzurpator wrote: 22 Mar 2023 20:53 The AI has a problem with upgrading rail types. Biggest culprits are tracks under a bridge.
At the moment, this has not occurred at hand and needs to be continued to be investigated.
uzurpator

Post by uzurpator »

I allowed it to use only RVs. I've gotten... AMERICA!
Attachments
20230326134906_1.jpg
(2.66 MiB) Not downloaded yet
AAAHogEx
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AAAHogEx »

uzurpator wrote: 26 Mar 2023 19:21 I allowed it to use only RVs. I've gotten... AMERICA!
I'll see what I can do about it, but for now I'd recommend not running many AAAHogEx's - if you only use RV's, the AI may create too many roads to avoid congestion. Alternatively, turning on 'infrastructure maintenance' may be better as the AI will remove roads that are no longer needed. However, deleting roads is a bit risky because they are sometimes used by other companies.
xarick
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by xarick »

Excessive CPU usage in valuator function
Attachments
Unnamed, 1968-02-13.png
(280.43 KiB) Not downloaded yet
autosave14.sav
(10.73 MiB) Downloaded 74 times
Formerly known as Samu
AAAHogEx
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AAAHogEx »

xarick wrote: 27 Mar 2023 12:16 Excessive CPU usage in valuator function
Thank you for your report, I have released a corrected version as v44.
xarick
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by xarick »

Got a weird crash. Seemed to be stuck on a loop. Not sure what happenend, but it was doing so well!
Attachments
Unnamed, 2092-10-06#1.png
(547.49 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Unnamed, 2092-10-06.png
(499.11 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Unnamed, 2092-10-06.sav
(22.64 MiB) Downloaded 66 times
Formerly known as Samu
AAAHogEx
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AAAHogEx »

xarick wrote: 11 Apr 2023 20:46 Got a weird crash. Seemed to be stuck on a loop. Not sure what happenend, but it was doing so well!
Thank you for your report.:D

Version 48 released!

Fixed: Rare crash in looped transfer network.
AAAHogEx
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AAAHogEx »

Version 51 released!

・Improve ships performance.
・Adjust buoy spacing.
・Reduce the time it takes to save.
・FIX: Crash sometimes occurs when station is at the edge of the map.
SCLChuck
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SCLChuck »

AI crashed when using with temporal8's industrial
here's picture(division by 0 ?)
AAAHogEx
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AAAHogEx »

SCLChuck wrote: 17 Apr 2023 06:37 AI crashed when using with temporal8's industrial
here's picture(division by 0 ?)
Thank you for your report. Are you using any NewGRFs for vehicles? It could be because of vehicles with a price of zero.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Well hello there! Tis I, the bane in all AI creators life :mrgreen: As part of ongoing efforts to keep this thread updated. I test new versions of AI's, as well AI on new versions of OpenTTD.
Unfortunatly running OTTD 13.1 (previous tests were on 13.0) the newest version of AAAHogEx crashed with the following. A save game is also provided if it helps. Hopefully you're able to figure out if it was the newer OpenTTD, or newer AAAHogEx that causes the new issue. I never ran into this on previous testing. As before, there's no GRF's adding anything into the mix here.
2023-04-17 16_37_56-OpenTTD 13.1.png
2023-04-17 16_37_56-OpenTTD 13.1.png (39.73 KiB) Viewed 2462 times
AAHOGCRASH 170423.sav
(1.15 MiB) Downloaded 53 times
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
AAAHogEx
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AAAHogEx »

Redirect Left wrote: 17 Apr 2023 15:41 Well hello there! Tis I, the bane in all AI creators life :mrgreen: As part of ongoing efforts to keep this thread updated. I test new versions of AI's, as well AI on new versions of OpenTTD.
Unfortunatly running OTTD 13.1 (previous tests were on 13.0) the newest version of AAAHogEx crashed with the following. A save game is also provided if it helps. Hopefully you're able to figure out if it was the newer OpenTTD, or newer AAAHogEx that causes the new issue. I never ran into this on previous testing. As before, there's no GRF's adding anything into the mix here.
Thank you for testing every time! Indeed, it seems that there is an issue that got mixed into the latest version(v51).
AAAHogEx
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AAAHogEx »

Version 52 released!

・FIX: Occasional crashing problem with v51

*Not compatible with saved data in previous versions
xarick
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by xarick »

You nearly got 5000 vehicles of all types, amazing!
But then, Excessive cpu usage.
Attachments
Unnamed, 2063-06-23.png
(522.57 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Unnamed, 2063-06-23.sav
(19.63 MiB) Downloaded 63 times
Formerly known as Samu

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”