Ugly "shadows" under trains?

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Hamish McTycoon
Engineer
Engineer

Ugly "shadows" under trains?

Post by Hamish McTycoon »

Hello, I don't post here often but have been an on/off OpenTTD user for years and years, popping back every now and then to marvel at all the creativity of the newgrf files. Thank you! :bow:
I love creating worlds that looks as "nice" as possible, often with unlimited money, just for the fun of it.

I've noticed since installing version 12.1 that there is a "shadow" under my trains. This is there regardless of what trackset or trainset I use. Illustrated below with default of both.

Attached is a screenshot to show what I mean. Look in the red circle - the track around the train is darker, and as the train moves, a "block" of track ahead and behind of it get darker too. This never used to happen!

Any ideas how I can get rid of this? It looks horrible to my eye, not sure if it's intentional (why?) or a bug?
shadow.png
shadow.png (54.89 KiB) Viewed 3159 times
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Ugly "shadows" under trains?

Post by Eddi »

there is a setting called "highlight path reservations" or something like this.
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Taschi »

Hamish McTycoon wrote: 31 Dec 2021 12:39 Any ideas how I can get rid of this? It looks horrible to my eye, not sure if it's intentional (why?) or a bug?
It's actually somewhat useful for troubleshooting junctions / stations that just keep clogging up.
Hamish McTycoon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hamish McTycoon »

Eddi wrote: 31 Dec 2021 12:41 there is a setting called "highlight path reservations" or something like this.
Brilliant, thank you! It's under Interface / Viewports in the Advanced Settings if anyone else was experiencing this and wondering why.
I know it's a small thing but it was annoying me, so thanks for the speedy reply! :D

Also, totally agree it could be useful, just didn't like the look of it, so am very glad it can be switched off.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”