[32bpp] GETS - German Extrazoom Train Set (development)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [32bpp] GETS - German Extrazoom Train Set (development)

Post by Argus »

When it is, an update will be released. It is useless to ask when, the author himself does not know in advance. He can promise something and then maybe get sick, or have too much at work, and so on. Moreover, working on such detailed graphics is very tedious. It can be in half a year or even in a year. :)
Garlic_Bread42
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Garlic_Bread42 »

Mahlzeit, it's Lunchtime!

In other words: GETS has just received update to version 0.4 and this time we've included dining cars.

Dining cars will provide your OTTD-passengers with delicious food and trainbeers during their journey.
Your passengers will be more happy and care less for any delays.

How does it work?
Dining cars are much more expensive then their seating counterparts (~3,5 times the running cost, 2,5 times the purchase cost).
For this price, they will nullify the running cost of express coaches and extend the cargo aging by 25%.
Please note that this effect only works with Express coaches, so you won't be able to get a (working) dining car into your local trains.

What else is new?
We've done a few goods wagons as well as some locos. Most notably BR 112, the first co-production of DB and DR. Also in: BR 52, BR 152 and a few more.
Additionally, this update contains the famous "Schienenzeppelin" propeller train, a few more MU's and some more reskins.

Take the usual look for yourself and enjoy:
GETS_04_small.png
GETS_04_small.png (781.26 KiB) Viewed 3162 times
Attachments
GETS04.png
(1.36 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

That's nice, but I don't see it on Bananas.
Garlic_Bread42
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Garlic_Bread42 »

Argus wrote: 01 Oct 2023 21:57 That's nice, but I don't see it on Bananas.
Yep, there are some issues with Bananas. Just filed an issue.

In the meantime you can get it via Github:

https://github.com/GarlicBread42/GETS/releases/tag/0.4

I'll post an update once i've got it up - sorry for the mess :)
Garlic_Bread42
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Garlic_Bread42 »

Thanks to the wonderful dev-Team, the bug has been solved. You can now download newest version via your favourite fruit store.
Garlic_Bread42
Engineer
Engineer

GETS 0.5 released!

Post by Garlic_Bread42 »

GETS 0.5 is here!

After quite a long time, the latest release is available on Bananas and Github.

First of all: Running costs have changed somewhat, since there is a new, even cheaper parameter. This is to ensure you're not loosing money in extralong games.

We're very happy to have a new, very talented Voxel artist on board: Witold surprised everyone with a stunning version of PESA Sharks!
Alongside that, there are some more Multiple Units: a tilting Pendolino, privately operated diesel railcars, Siemes Desiro HC and some of the rebuilt ET 25/ET 55.
Finally BR 143 found it's way into the grf (Only DB-versions, though). A ton of Prussian Passenger Steamers have been added alongside the famous Lübeck-Büchener-Eisenbahn Bi-Levels.
Plus: A whole lot of coil carriers, both open and closed and some more stuff!
GETS_05_small.png
GETS_05_small.png (788.74 KiB) Viewed 1577 times
As always: We appreciate any comments, criticism and bug reports!
Attachments
GETS_05.png
(1.46 MiB) Not downloaded yet
belgi
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: GETS 0.5 released!

Post by belgi »

Garlic_Bread42 wrote: 31 Jan 2024 13:12 GETS 0.5 is here!

After quite a long time, the latest release is available on Bananas and Github.

First of all: Running costs have changed somewhat, since there is a new, even cheaper parameter. This is to ensure you're not loosing money in extralong games.

We're very happy to have a new, very talented Voxel artist on board: Witold surprised everyone with a stunning version of PESA Sharks!
Alongside that, there are some more Multiple Units: a tilting Pendolino, privately operated diesel railcars, Siemes Desiro HC and some of the rebuilt ET 25/ET 55.
Finally BR 143 found it's way into the grf (Only DB-versions, though). A ton of Prussian Passenger Steamers have been added alongside the famous Lübeck-Büchener-Eisenbahn Bi-Levels.
Plus: A whole lot of coil carriers, both open and closed and some more stuff!

GETS_05_small.png

As always: We appreciate any comments, criticism and bug reports!
Great!!!
Thanks for your perfect work. I'm going to play :-)

I wish you a nice day
Code
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Code »

Niiiice, a new release, just what I needed for a new game this weekend. And if you consider 4 months between releases "quite a long time", I'll happily take that. :mrgreen:

The only criticism I have so far, based on previous versions: The cargo capacity of UIC-X cars, especially baggage cars seems too low compared to Hechtwagen, Karwendel and 1928/1930 stock. Their capacity makes sense when they get higher max speeds, but at 140 kph and with their length of 15/16 units over the 13/16 of the aforementioned cars, they seem pretty useless at first.
Garlic_Bread42
Engineer
Engineer

GETS 0.5.1 released

Post by Garlic_Bread42 »

GETS 0.5.1 is now on Bananas - just a hotfix for a bug in the PESA-Link DMU's, nothing else.
Garlic_Bread42
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Garlic_Bread42 »

Code wrote: 03 Feb 2024 06:31 The only criticism I have so far, based on previous versions: The cargo capacity of UIC-X cars, especially baggage cars seems too low compared to Hechtwagen, Karwendel and 1928/1930 stock. Their capacity makes sense when they get higher max speeds, but at 140 kph and with their length of 15/16 units over the 13/16 of the aforementioned cars, they seem pretty useless at first.
GETS 0.6 will see an update on the post and baggage coaches, so i'd kinda ask for your patience on this one. Of course you're totally right with the capacities not matching anything. Also there are some models i'd like to do - let's see how far i can get.

Return to “Graphics Development”