[32bpp] GETS - German Extrazoom Train Set (development)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Jimbow
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: [32bpp] GETS - German Extrazoom Train Set (development)

Post by Jimbow »

Would it be possible to upload the 0.1.7 version so it can be downloaded from the in-game manager?
I think most Android users would appreciate this, as it's hard to move files on an android device.

In this way we can enjoy your great set, although it's not the shiny new version with all the new features.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

The old version is still downloadable on Bananas, I don't see what the problem is. Just set it so that previous versions are also visible. Unfortunately, I don't remember the command and I don't know if it works on Android as well.
Jimbow
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jimbow »

The problem is that you can't easily copy the downloaded file to the OTTD file directory on Android.

You're right that the file already exists on bananas, but you can only use it for saves. And when you want to use it in a new game, or a new device, you can't because only the 0.2.0 version is available. However this GETS version only works with new OTTD versions that are not available for Android at the moment.

I hope this explains the problem.
Garlic_Bread42
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Garlic_Bread42 »

Auge wrote: 04 Apr 2023 11:01 I didn't knew, that there is a limited file size on Github. But as far as I can see, this limitation does not affect releases. See therefore Github: about large files, especially the latest paragraph about putting lager files as assets to a release and the latest paragraph on Github: about releases where Github states "Each file included in a release must be under 2 GB. There is no limit on the total size of a release, nor bandwidth usage.".

Tschö, Auge
Thanks for this one! I will try and use the release function for the next release then. The repository is up to date and gets updates with every new release. I'll take care to use better tags - i.e. "0.2.1." and so on. I'll hopefully get that stuff going properly from now on.
Jimbow wrote: 04 Apr 2023 14:40 Would it be possible to upload the 0.1.7 version so it can be downloaded from the in-game manager?
As the previous version is just on the forum thread before: I'd like to not put another grf on bananas which will be outdated in a short time.
Qamarsultan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Qamarsultan »

If you are an android user then there is a update and I have updated to version 13 and now gets2.0 is working properly...
Garlic_Bread42
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Garlic_Bread42 »

GETS 0.2.1 is here!

So, what's new?

All Engines and MU's now have a "Type" defining wether they're DMU's, Electric locos and so on:
Traction.png
Traction.png (5.6 KiB) Viewed 2970 times
Too, we added a whole bunch of rolling stock and this time we really took advantage of the variants feature:
gets021_small.png
gets021_small.png (781.42 KiB) Viewed 2970 times
A whole bunch of Commercials to accompany the old BR 101-Aspirin one, colorful TouristikZug-Coaches and Talent2 in "S-Bahn Mitteldeutschland" livery.
For new trains, we have a RS1-Railbus in different liveries, "Schürzenwagen"-streamlined Coaches, some more Prussian stuff and the relatively new MODUS-Coaches.
They're accompanied by numerous covered and uncovered flatbeds aswell as "pa-Container"-Carrier. The latter - even if they've been a dutch invention - have been a widely used predecessor of todays standard containers.

For loco's we have a lot of colorful modern diesels: Class 66, Vossloh G2000 and others. For the ones who're more into older stuff, there's some more Prussian locos aswell as BR 01.10 in Streamlined and non-streamlined appearances.

Since details are hard to see, here's the bigger picture:
gets021.png
(1.29 MiB) Not downloaded yet
As usual: We sincerely hope you have a lot of fun with this new stuff! Keep making remarks, critics and so on!
ebla71
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ebla71 »

Garlic_Bread42 wrote: 14 Apr 2023 15:26 GETS 0.2.1 is here!

As usual: We sincerely hope you have a lot of fun with this new stuff! Keep making remarks, critics and so on!
Very nice, congratulations.

Since you asked for comments - are there any S-Bahn trains in the set?

For obvious reasons, I'd not be so much interested in the ET 420 and "x-Wagen" that were used in the S-Bahn systems of Rhein-Ruhr, Munich, Stuttgart, Frankfurt but rather the separate S-Bahn of Berlin and in particular Hamburg, like ET 470 to 474 and maybe also brand-new ET 490

And often asked for, but still not in a "read-world set", as far as I remember, a "Torpedopfannen-Wagen"
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

I'm not sure, but I'd say they are there.
ebla71
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ebla71 »

Argus wrote: 14 Apr 2023 21:35 I'm not sure, but I'd say they are there.
Not sure what you refer to?

DB BR 420 = ET 420 becomes available in 1969 and DB ET 30 is already there from 1957, but these are for the "regular" S-Bahn networks, which operate with the standard German 15 kV 16 2/3 Hz AC catenary systems, for which btw the combination of BR 111 and 143 with "x-Wagen" is still missing.

The S-Bahn Hamburg and Berlin, on the other hand, operate with 750 (Berlin) or 1200 (Hamburg) V DC from a 3rd rail and thus are not compatible with the other networks.

There is also a SVT 137 "Hamburg" but this was for the fast Hamburg-Berlin trains, like a "1930s ICE" ;-) not an S-Bahn

I'm also not sure which rail type would be required for such a system?

More importantly, GETS 0.2.1 does not seem to be compatible with the Metro Track Set 2.1.2, as the latter tracks just disappear from the menue when GETS is loaded - and that regardless of which NewGRF is loaded first?!?!

Also, no torpedo car )-:=
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

There is no metro in Gets, if there is no metro in the given train set, the tracks from Metro tracks will not appear.
Metro tracks only appear if the train set contains a subway. For example, V4, 2cctrains...
I must have been mistaken about those trains and saw them elsewhere :)
In any case, Metro tracks don't appear without a subway, I've tried it.
ebla71
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ebla71 »

Argus wrote: 15 Apr 2023 11:06 There is no metro in Gets, if there is no metro in the given train set, the tracks from Metro tracks will not appear.
Metro tracks only appear if the train set contains a subway. For example, V4, 2cctrains...
There is an ET 171 in the V4 set available from 1942

This set has some pro's and con's in my opinion - it is very diverse with a lot of engines and interesting selection of railtypes, but I don't really like the graphics in relation to the U&R rails, for example, since V4 is very large and "crude".

Also, I did not figure out how to use "real-world colors" with V4 - they only show in "company colors". Did I miss an option for "real world colors" (where to find?) or is this not possible with this set?
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Railtypes can be turned off for V4. I do this in the scenario because Ufiby's dorms are really nicer.
The real coloring can be chosen during the refit.
By the way DB BR 420 I found in Gets.
Attachments
Wutfield Transport, 17. zář 2000.png
(463.33 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Garlic_Bread42
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Garlic_Bread42 »

Metro/3rd-rail S-Bahn is neither in the set nor is it planned anytime soon.
There is still lot of "mainline"-stuff that sits in my brain, before i'd even consider moving on to such specialized stuff.
ebla71
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ebla71 »

Argus wrote: 15 Apr 2023 11:46 The real coloring can be chosen during the refit.
Interestingly, the ET 171 is the only type in V4 trains that cannot be re-fitted (at least among the dozen or so that I checked), that's also why I missed this option since I did not try the other trains in the first place.
ebla71
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ebla71 »

Garlic_Bread42 wrote: 15 Apr 2023 14:07 Metro/3rd-rail S-Bahn is neither in the set nor is it planned anytime soon.
There is still lot of "mainline"-stuff that sits in my brain, before i'd even consider moving on to such specialized stuff.
Yeah, I can imagine that there are tons of other interesting things, therefore fully understand if you direct your focus elsewhere.

But a "Torpedopfannenwagen" would really be the highlight of any freight railcar collection and the perfect match for FIRS Steeltown :D
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

ebla71 wrote: 15 Apr 2023 14:29
Argus wrote: 15 Apr 2023 11:46 The real coloring can be chosen during the refit.
Interestingly, the ET 171 is the only type in V4 trains that cannot be re-fitted (at least among the dozen or so that I checked), that's also why I missed this option since I did not try the other trains in the first place.
This might just be a bug, try reporting it in the thread for this set. :)
Jimbow
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jimbow »

I finally got to use this set in a game again, and it was a pleasure! :bow:

I do have a question for you. Is it true that the DVTs like 'Karlsruhe kopf' and 'Hasenkasten', have a slower loading speed than regular 'Silberlinge'?

I think the loading speed should be the same for these.
I don't know if it's a bug or a feature :lol:
Garlic_Bread42
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Garlic_Bread42 »

Jimbow wrote: 18 Apr 2023 18:53 I finally got to use this set in a game again, and it was a pleasure! :bow:

I do have a question for you. Is it true that the DVTs like 'Karlsruhe kopf' and 'Hasenkasten', have a slower loading speed than regular 'Silberlinge'?

I think the loading speed should be the same for these.
I don't know if it's a bug or a feature :lol:
Thanks for reporting, that one will be fixed in the next release.
farsight87
Engineer
Engineer

Post by farsight87 »

Hi,
Thanks for this set, it's great.
I just had a question regarding some of the DVT models. How are they ideally set up to use?
I notice there will be an engine with 0kw/1kn etc which usually has 80 pax for example. Then it will have a matching middle carriage and sometimes a matching end carriage.
Take the red 2nd gen db1 bi-level or whatever it's called as example.
Are these supposed to be given any old engine/loco to pull them? If so, why do they come as a nice set? And why is the front carriage in the loco section instead of carriage section? What's significance of a loco that has no power or tractive effort? How is it supposed to be used?
Thanks again.
ronetisumen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ronetisumen »

Hey, the DVT are used with the Locos.
They are in the loco section, because they are on the front of the train, and they act like a loco.

Return to “Graphics Development”