Basic Question?!

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

shilts
Engineer
Engineer

Basic Question?!

Post by shilts »

Hi All

Could someone please answer the following question which will, no doubt, be really easy/obvious for those familiar with the game!

My vehicles (buses and mail trucks) are getting very old and need replacing so my question is....after sending the old vehicle to the depot and buying a replacement, how do you copy the orders from one to the other?

Thanks for your help!
kamnet

Re: Basic Question?!

Post by kamnet »

Open your depot window, click on the new vehicle, open the order window. Click on the button to add a new order. Then move your mouse over to the old vehicle and click on it. This will automatically copy the orders over from the old vehicle to the new one.
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Taschi »

kamnet wrote: 06 Dec 2021 11:24 Open your depot window, click on the new vehicle, open the order window. Click on the button to add a new order. Then move your mouse over to the old vehicle and click on it. This will automatically copy the orders over from the old vehicle to the new one.
You could also use CTRL+Click, which would set up shared orders - i. e. if you change the orders on one of them, the other will also be affected. This is very useful when managing lines with multiple vehicles on them.

You can also set up automatic replacement, see the attached screenshot. It'll make your life a lot easier as you don't have to manually send vehicles to depots or set up the orders for the new vehicles.
autoreplace.png
(483.67 KiB) Not downloaded yet
shilts
Engineer
Engineer

Post by shilts »

That's a massive help, thank you.

I've set up the auto replace option - as you'll know, it even allows me to change the type (ie going from the Regal bus to the Hereford).

Like I said this is a massive help so thanks for taking the time to respond :)
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello

Be aware of the purpose of the autoreplace feature, Taschi mentioned. It replaces a vehicle type with another (typically newer) one. It does not replace an old vehicle with a new vehicle of the same type. Therefore you have to use another feature, named "autorenew" (name depends on your chosen game language). You can search for it in the game settings, in the main section company. There you can set if you want to use the feature, the earliest time of replacement and the minimal bank balance you want to keep.

Tschö, Auge

Return to “General OpenTTD”