Azgaar map generator for tabletop games - what do you think of adding OpenTTD export?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Azgaar map generator for tabletop games - what do you think of adding OpenTTD export?

Post by pelya »

https://azgaar.github.io/Fantasy-Map-Generator/

OpenTTD has it's own map generator, but this one generates whole continents.

It generates heightmap, rivers, and city names, no city infrastructure though. And cities are connected by roads from the start, like in real life.

Also it generates stuff like emblems for each country, politics/religion influence by region, I don't think that can be imported into OpenTTD map.

It would also be cool to make OpenTTD map edges continuous to simulate the round globe, like warp everything that crosses map border to the other edge.

It's open source, so OpenTTD export function can be added with a bit of effort. Now the question is whether anyone will use it.
LaRoso
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Azgaar map generator for tabletop games - what do you think of adding OpenTTD export?

Post by LaRoso »

I'd agree that the map generator of OpenTTD isn't the best, but I'm not sure if fiddling a fantasy map generator into OpenTTD would be the right approach.

Return to “General OpenTTD”