Waiting time for Trains in a station before turning back

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

OrionVII
Engineer
Engineer

Waiting time for Trains in a station before turning back

Post by OrionVII »

Hello, actually a train waits on a signal or in a station for few seconds, the he tried to go back in the opposite direction. Is there a trainer (or something) to change the value for this? Maybe 15 to 20 seconds before the train turns back? Tx a lot
mak
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Waiting time for Trains in a station before turning back

Post by mak »

Not that I know of but in settings, vehicle, routing it can be stopped completely.
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Taschi »

OrionVII wrote: 06 Nov 2021 12:29 Hello, actually a train waits on a signal or in a station for few seconds, the he tried to go back in the opposite direction. Is there a trainer (or something) to change the value for this? Maybe 15 to 20 seconds before the train turns back? Tx a lot
Trains will only turn around if that allows them to find a free and not overly long path to their next order, so this behavior is probably a consequence of how you designed your network.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

I assume you've built a roro station. From experience, the train won't turn around as long as another train is coming toward the station from behind it.
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Newest version of OpenLoco has a feature to prevent trains from turning around while waiting at a signal. It's a great feature, however doesn't work too well in my experience. Sometimes a train will choose a station track that is already occupied with an oncoming train and clog the station. This probably won't happen with a roro station though.
griffinrails
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by griffinrails »

Hopefully that feature is fixed, it sounds amazing. Sadly making a zig-zag style railway using buffer mods would be impossible due to this, but even then it's a very specific problem that can just be bypassed by not placing any buffers.
= STEAM TRAM viewtopic.php?f=40&t=87037 =+= CITY AND COUNTRY USA viewtopic.php?f=39&t=87054 =+= MAILCAR PATCH viewtopic.php?f=40&t=87071 =+= THE DECLINE viewtopic.php?f=39&t=87127 =+= NEW STATIONS viewtopic.php?f=40&t=87191=+= DISTANT SIGNALS viewtopic.php?f=40&t=87206 =+= AUSSIE LEVEL CROSSING viewtopic.php?f=40&t=87364 =+= BROAD GAUGE FOR LOCOMOTION viewtopic.php?f=40&t=87336 =+= OMNIBUS viewtopic.php?f=40&t=88862 =

Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZYvWn ... T3EdQqUlKw

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”