Has a Film Ever Moved you to Tears?

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

RhapsodyTTD
Engineer
Engineer

Has a Film Ever Moved you to Tears?

Post by RhapsodyTTD »

Obviously off topic, but I was watching an anime on Netflix called 'A Silent Voice', and I found it incredibly emotionally powerful. Very few films out there that I can truly lose myself in, and even less that can get me to tears. I'm a tough lad, I just don't cry. Spoiler gives some information about the film if anyone is interested in seeing it. I won't actually add spoilers.
[+] Spoiler
Ishida Shōya was a bully in school, being harsh or abusive towards Nishimiya Shōko, who is deaf, unable to easily communicate without sign language. After she is transferred and Ishida is bullied thereafter, he is an outcast prepared to commit suicide, but decides at the last minute to tie up loose ends. Thus, a friendship begins between the two.
Are there any films that you find powerful or tearjerking?
EN-GB: Smoking like a train since 2015
CY-GB: Ysmygu fel trên ers 2015
GA-IE: Ag caitheamh tobac cosúil le traein ó 2015
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Has a Film Ever Moved you to Tears?

Post by Redirect Left »

No. I am in fact, made of stone and heartlessness. I have never cried at anything i have watched.

Maybe i should see a psychiatrist...
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
RhapsodyTTD
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RhapsodyTTD »

No, I have the cure.
Watch The Green Mile.
ebla71
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ebla71 »

"El laberinto del fauno" by Guillermo del Toro:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan%27s_Labyrinth
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

I am prone to just even a small scene in a film being able to bring up an emotional tear or two.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Waterschapsheuvel (Watership Down) ... saw it when I was 8, on the big screen, and I'm sure noone left the cinema dry that day.
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

I don't think a film or show has ever properly moved me to tears, but some have nearly done so and definitely pulled at the heart strings and rocked that emotional boat!

One scene in The Terminal which got to me was when Tom Hanks's character is wandering around not really knowing why he's waiting there, then see's his country on the TV being in the middle of a coup. Then him racing around trying to find out more, get information, watch the news and find out about his home but can't and is just well and truly alone. That really hit me!

Another time was with the finale of Gravity Falls where one of the main characters saves the world, but loses all his memories as a result. After how attached you grow to the characters, it's really heart-breaking when suddenly that person doesn't even know who they are, and the reactions of everyone else. Shot right through the feels!
I find I get more emotionally attached to animated shows and their characters, rather than live action type shows/films. Not sure why!

Oh, and Tony Stark's death in End Game. There were not many dry eyes in the cinema that night...
rbos86
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by rbos86 »

I almost had a tear with Forest Gump.

He was always loving Jenny, finally he found some love with Jenny, and then she died. When he talked to her grave, there was almost a tear.
rbos86' Screenshots thread is here
rbos86' Unrealistic Dutch games -thread, on the other hand,is this button
RhapsodyTTD
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RhapsodyTTD »

And the people who never watched Forest Gump now hate you. Thank God it's one of my favorites, so nothing was spoiled. Plenty of Tom Hanks fans apparently.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Oh I cry at everything. Anything really sweet or romantic, but also anything depressing and saddening.

Just recently I teared up at How I Met Your Mother, when Barney Stinson
[+] Spoiler
held his daughter for the first time.
(Surely there's an expiration date for spoiling TV series and How I Met Your Mother is way too old)
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Railwaymodeler
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Railwaymodeler »

RhapsodyTTD wrote: 03 Nov 2021 17:38 No, I have the cure.
Watch The Green Mile.
The botched execution scene is also a good visual for what having PTSD is like, especially when going through flashbacks.

On topic, the ending of Field of Dreams beings a couple man tears to me, especially because I grew up in Iowa, and dad took me to the farm and field that was used in the movie and my dad and I did indeed play catch on the field.
Without Trains America Stops

DrWho42
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DrWho42 »

sure yeah
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

I saw Return of the King three times at the cinema (ah, to be 16 again!), and the scene at the end where Sam picks up Frodo and the music swells did, as I recall, bring a tear to my eyes every time!
geoff558
Engineer
Engineer

Post by geoff558 »

yes hatiko for example
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

There's a scene apparently branded into my memory, from, I think, a TV show whose name is lost to the sands of time, but I remember the scene rather well;
A 30-40 year old man is alone in a not particularly nice flat, he's got a can of food to eat, but needs to open it. He uses one of those old fashioned sharp edge openers, but, he can't fully get it open for some reason and ends up bashing the partly open can, with very sharp and pointy bits now on it, on the table, holding the can with his hand at the top over the sharp pointy bits. He ends up with cuts on his hand and he's sobbing, I think mostly because he lives alone and has no friends/family near him.

Chokes me up even remembering it.
Last known as: Weirdy

Return to “Off-Topic”