Industries of the Caribbean

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

2TallTyler
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: Industries of the Caribbean

Post by 2TallTyler »

Workers only go one-way from home to work. Their return trip is not simulated for a variety of reasons. In fact, ITL houses (which are required for this industry set) don’t even accept Workers, so you couldn’t bring them from one city to another if you wanted.

Towns grow when there are five active stations — the actual cargo being transported doesn’t matter. I usually use Mail to drive growth, since it has no other purpose.
DrCplKlinger
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DrCplKlinger »

Hey, this is really cool! It mirrors lots of the design flaws I've noted and does a pretty good job at trying to fix em!

I've been toying with it, and if I get time later on definitely want to tinker with it.
pootis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pootis »

i really like this industry set in most ways but the one issue i have with it is workers. Sometimes big cities or lots of towns can just be overwhelming to manage, so i t hink it'd be nice if there was a parameter for amount of workers needed so on low population maps you can still play with this GRF w ithout it feeling very slow or having to funnel the entire maps population into a single factory & still being stuck on 1 step for decades because you can't get a reliable supply of anything.

also there's a bug (?) where stations next to primary industries still take workers even though the industries don't seem to need them.

i d on't know if your still actively developing & i probably underestimate the amount of effort that would be needed for that but idk.

Return to “Graphics Development”