Mop's Expanded Road Vehicles

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

kamnet

Re: Mop's Expanded Road Vehicles

Post by kamnet »

MagicBuzz wrote: 10 Aug 2022 07:01 It's quite strange to have trains but no trucks available in the early ages...
You've already got four vehicle sets that provide horses - eGRVTS, Timberwolf's UK Vehicles, PolRoads and Early Horse Vehicles.
Heresy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Heresy »

Attached is version 0.9.1 compiled GRF and source (includes GRF in archive), this introduces a new optional parameter setting where the introduction year of Gen1 (and Gen2) Steam Vehicles can be changed.
Setting 1: Gen1 changed to 1830
Setting 2: Gen1 changed to 1800, Gen2 changed to 1850.

Note: Some vehicles might not show up at specified year, due to offsets from original code where f.ex Gen1 Passenger Tram was introduced later than other Gen1 vehicles, however they have been changed accordingly (Gen1 Tram Date [1870, 1840, 1810]).
Some vehicles might also have changed from having an offset to not having an offset.
There has been no balancing done to any of the other statistics.

Not tested a lot except loaded into a game and checked that dates change when I change the parameter.
Probably not the best solution, but was something that I could relatively easily just throw together and see if worked.

Code: Select all

Bumped version to 0.9.1 in custom_tags.txt
Bumped version to 91 in moprv.nml

Introduced optional earlier introduction year choice via parameter:
    // This new parameter is set to original values by default.
    Added new parameter (param 14) in moprv.nml for changing introduction year:
        // Used to change Steam Gen1 and Gen2 introduction years for earlier start.
        param 14 {
            param_fgei {
                name: string(STR_PARAM_NAME_FGEI);
                desc: string(STR_PARAM_DESC_FGEI);
                min_value: 0;
                max_value: 2;
                def_value: 0;
                names: {
                    0: string(STR_PARAM_FGEI_VALUE_ORIG);
                    1: string(STR_PARAM_FGEI_VALUE_1830);
                    2: string(STR_PARAM_FGEI_VALUE_1800);
                };
            }
        }
    Added new checks on Gen1 and Gen2 steam vehicles:
        Gen1 has both, Gen2 only has the second (year might differ due to some units having different intro date):
            + if (param_fgei == 1) {
            +     property {
            +     introduction_date:              date(1830,01,01);
            +     model_life:                     70;
            +     }
            + }
            + if (param_fgei == 2) {
            +     property {
            +     introduction_date:              date(1800,01,01);
            +     model_life:                     50;
            +     }
            + }
    Added new strings in english.lng for use with this parameter:
        + STR_PARAM_NAME_FGEI:Steam Vehicle Introduction Year
        + STR_PARAM_DESC_FGEI:This changes the introduction year of the Steam Vehicles.
        + STR_PARAM_FGEI_VALUE_ORIG: Use default introduction year 1860.
        + STR_PARAM_FGEI_VALUE_1830: Use alternative introduction year 1830.
        + STR_PARAM_FGEI_VALUE_1800: Use alternative introduction year 1800. Also changes 2nd Gen Steam to 1850.
Attachments
moprv.grf
See in-comment changelog.
(2.18 MiB) Downloaded 85 times
[0.9.1] Mop Expanded Road Vehicles.zip
Updated 0.9.1 source, default zip compression which should be natively supported by Windows.
(6.33 MiB) Downloaded 82 times
[0.9.1] Mop Expanded Road Vehicles.7z
Updated 0.9.1 source, requires 7zip to extract.
(1.47 MiB) Downloaded 79 times
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

MagicBuzz wrote: 10 Aug 2022 07:01 Hello,

I have a small suggestion about first vehicles : is it possible to change introduction date of the first vehicles to align with at least 2CC Trains in NML (1936 for Western Europe by example), or like Generic Road Vehicle, add some horse powered vehicles, so we can use this set with any other vehicle set without wondering about first introduction date.

It's quite strange to have trains but no trucks available in the early ages...
I have no intention of putting horse or ox drawn (nor donkey nor llama) vehicles in this set - I feel it would be out of scope/vibe for what I was going for. However, the steam powered vehicles would certainly be available before 1936... There should be plenty of options from the mid-late 19th century onward, however the intention was to be slightly historic in inspiration and favor tramway vehicles for overall performance in this era.
Heresy wrote: 09 Aug 2022 18:59 Added CCTT_FUNC to tramtypetable to allow Cable Cars to fallback to RAIL if FUNC not available:
- tramtypetable { RAIL, ELRL, FUNC }
+ tramtypetable { RAIL, ELRL, CCTT_FUNC: [FUNC, RAIL] }
The cable cars were meant to be more of an easter egg that shows up only when a cable vault tramway is loaded... I would strongly take issue with them falling back to being available on normal rails. The intent with these was that the rails would be more expensive but the vehicles would be cheaper (after all the engine is fixed elsewhere).
Heresy wrote: 09 Aug 2022 18:59 Fixed assumed typo for STR_TMOD_LC1 in english.lng:
- Lupo Carelli t.1
+ Lupo Carelli t.10
t.1 is the intended name, it is supposed to be the first model - "type 1" - from this manufacturer.
Heresy wrote: 09 Aug 2022 18:59 Changed speedratings of y2015, y2020 and y2025 busses:
Earlier generations Normal/Articulated have been in sync, but these three generations were not.
I may have made a mistake here, but articulated buses are intended to be slower top speed than non-articulated.
Heresy wrote: 09 Aug 2022 18:59 Changed speedratings of y2030 and y2040 passenger trams:
Also a little confused here - trams are generally meant to be slower than buses, particularly in the late game.
Heresy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Heresy »

supermop wrote: 12 Aug 2022 02:46
Heresy wrote: 09 Aug 2022 18:59 Added CCTT_FUNC to tramtypetable to allow Cable Cars to fallback to RAIL if FUNC not available:
- tramtypetable { RAIL, ELRL, FUNC }
+ tramtypetable { RAIL, ELRL, CCTT_FUNC: [FUNC, RAIL] }
The cable cars were meant to be more of an easter egg that shows up only when a cable vault tramway is loaded... I would strongly take issue with them falling back to being available on normal rails. The intent with these was that the rails would be more expensive but the vehicles would be cheaper (after all the engine is fixed elsewhere).
Heresy wrote: 09 Aug 2022 18:59 Fixed assumed typo for STR_TMOD_LC1 in english.lng:
- Lupo Carelli t.1
+ Lupo Carelli t.10
t.1 is the intended name, it is supposed to be the first model - "type 1" - from this manufacturer.
Heresy wrote: 09 Aug 2022 18:59 Changed speedratings of y2015, y2020 and y2025 busses:
Earlier generations Normal/Articulated have been in sync, but these three generations were not.
I may have made a mistake here, but articulated buses are intended to be slower top speed than non-articulated.
Heresy wrote: 09 Aug 2022 18:59 Changed speedratings of y2030 and y2040 passenger trams:
Also a little confused here - trams are generally meant to be slower than buses, particularly in the late game.
First of all, thanks for what is a great vehicle set :) Been my primary one for the past games.

To keep with original intent, I'll revert the tramtypetable and the naming change of the Lupo Carelli t.1 and post an update sometime this weekend.
Reason I thought maybe it was meant to be t.10 was due to the fact the others were 20/25, 30/35, 40/45, but makes more sense that it's meant to be type 1.
And for the CCs, I had changed them a bit to introduce it earlier than the steam tram and make it slower, but I can revert it back to the original statistics at the same time as I change the tramtype.

I did assume that the articulated trucks and busses were meant to be slower, but it was difficult to find any pattern, as there are a lot of inconsistencies (sometimes within the same generation) in the current version.
Examples from some time periods, both correct and mismatch:
Design Year, Model, S/M/L Size
1910 Piece Goods: 40, 40, 40
1929 Piece Goods: 50, 45, 45
1929 Flatbed: 50, 50, 50
1935 Piece Goods: 60, 50, 50
1945 Piece Goods: 60, 60, 60
1945 Flatbed: 60, 65, 65

After that, it seems that every next generation they are all identical until all road vehicles top out at 140 km/h.

For the busses, they are all identical until the last three generations (2015, 2020, 2025)
2015: 140, 120
2020, 120, 140
2025: 120, 140

For the passenger trams, they were:
2020: 110
2030, 2040: 140
So since the last generations here was identical to the last generations of the road vehicles, I mostly assumed they were meant to be in sync, but I only increased the passenger variants, as lorries could/should probably be slower by design also.

I also noticed that in some generations there are vehicles with identical names for the different sizes, but I don't have that list accessible at the moment.
I do think it was the 1945 Trucks though, where the Oregrund would be F/CF for Small and Medium size, but some other manufacturer would be identical between the Small/Medium variant.
Heresy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Heresy »

Attached is version 0.9.2 compiled GRF and source (includes GRF in archive), reverts some changes to keep with original intent, and one graphical fix.

[2022-08-13]
Bumped version to 0.9.2 in custom_tags.txt
Bumped version to 92 in moprv.nml

Reverted CC change.
Reverted name change of Lupo Carelli t.1.
Fixed missing electricity icon on 1990 duNord 'Ox' Livestock Trolley Truck:
    - purchase:                   spriteset_mt3_stock;
    + purchase:                   switch_purchase_mt3_stock;
Attachments
moprv.grf
(2.18 MiB) Downloaded 90 times
[0.9.2] Mop Expanded Road Vehicles.7z
Updated 0.9.2 source, requires 7zip to extract.
(1.47 MiB) Downloaded 79 times
[0.9.2] Mop Expanded Road Vehicles.zip
Updated 0.9.2 source, default zip compression which should be natively supported by Windows.
(6.33 MiB) Downloaded 79 times
Heresy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Heresy »

Attached is version 0.9.3 compiled GRF and source (includes GRF in archive).
Fixed one vehicle not showing up, and also fixed six vehicles so they don't expire anymore.
Mostly just tested the same way as usual, which is loading it into some existing games. Not noticed anything strange, but you never know.

[2022-08-30]
Bumped version to 0.9.3 in custom_tags.txt
Bumped version to 93 in moprv.nml

Fixed (item_hf2_box) 1957 Bufo Piece Goods Road Train not available, was missing climates_available.
    +    climates_available:             bitmask(CLIMATE_TEMPERATE, CLIMATE_ARCTIC, CLIMATE_TROPICAL);

Fixed the following six vehicles so they don't expire anymore.
    item_ie3_box (year 1970 "Kaimuki 6M Electric Boxcar Train") model_life and vehicle_life was swapped.
    item_ic3_box (year 2000 "Yarra 'Wharfie' Hybrid Boxcar Train") model_life and vehicle_life was swapped.
    item_ie3_flat (year 1970 "Yarra 'Magpie' Electric Flatbed Train") model_life and vehicle_life was swapped.
    item_ic3_flat (year 2000 "Kaimuki 4H Hybrid Flatbed Train") model_life and vehicle_life was swapped.
    item_ie3_open (year 1970 "KD E600 Electric Open Train") model_life and vehicle_life was swapped.
    item_ic3_open (year 2000 "Adelbrecht 500 Hybrid Open Train") model_life and vehicle_life was swapped.

Same change on all six vehicles:
        - model_life:                     40;
        - vehicle_life:                   VEHICLE_NEVER_EXPIRES;
        + model_life:                     VEHICLE_NEVER_EXPIRES;
        + vehicle_life:                   40;

Attachments
moprv.grf
(2.18 MiB) Downloaded 139 times
[0.9.3] Mop Expanded Road Vehicles.7z
Updated 0.9.3 source, requires 7zip to extract.
(1.47 MiB) Downloaded 101 times
[0.9.3] Mop Expanded Road Vehicles.zip
Updated 0.9.3 source, default zip compression which should be natively supported by Windows.
(6.33 MiB) Downloaded 117 times
flp
Engineer
Engineer

Post by flp »

Not sure if it's a bug or the fault of my game settings, but when trucks leaving the depot, instead of the starting engine sound, i hear kind of a "blubb"-sound.

I am playing with JGRPP and tried also the latest version of your GRF.
AdriKitty
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AdriKitty »

Absolutely love this mod, thank you for creating it! I am completely satisfied with the variety and the original old-school look. The only criticism I have is that most of the buses barely show company colors, which is a shame.

Otherwise 10/10! :D
Cryolaser
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Cryolaser »

flp wrote: 11 Nov 2022 18:39 Not sure if it's a bug or the fault of my game settings, but when trucks leaving the depot, instead of the starting engine sound, i hear kind of a "blubb"-sound.

I'm also experiencing this with JGRPP. Also under this circumstance the fossil fuel icon looks like a battery rather than a jerry can (edit: seems to be an intended feature, with it changing after a certain date, to represent a move to electric-hybrid engines? I was testing games with a 2200 start year but games starting in earlier dates show a jerry can), and a lot of non-electric vehicles make an electric sound when leaving depots & stops. Seems like some data values are being offset by something (eg. using effect no. 04 instead of no. 03).
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

Cryolaser wrote: 06 Dec 2022 10:07
flp wrote: 11 Nov 2022 18:39 Not sure if it's a bug or the fault of my game settings, but when trucks leaving the depot, instead of the starting engine sound, i hear kind of a "blubb"-sound.

I'm also experiencing this with JGRPP. Also under this circumstance the fossil fuel icon looks like a battery rather than a jerry can (edit: seems to be an intended feature, with it changing after a certain date, to represent a move to electric-hybrid engines? I was testing games with a 2200 start year but games starting in earlier dates show a jerry can), and a lot of non-electric vehicles make an electric sound when leaving depots & stops. Seems like some data values are being offset by something (eg. using effect no. 04 instead of no. 03).
Still being somewhat optimistic about the future, I made it so that diesel vehicles transition to becoming battery powered in the future (or battery-hybrid, or capacitor, etc if you want to use your imagination)
WolfRamXx
Engineer
Engineer

Post by WolfRamXx »

Hi, i found issue with the electric Kurokawa tram. Its not sitting on the tracks correctly when going on wards, as well as when going fromwards (in that case only cab is sitting wrong.)
Kurokawa wrong aligment.png
Kurokawa wrong aligment.png (38.84 KiB) Viewed 3303 times
EDIT:

BTW used Ufibis URaTT tram tracks, catanery and wires hidden to see it better.
Owner of WolfTrans.com. An fictional trucking company.
fridaemon
Director
Director

Post by fridaemon »

Thanks for this set. :twisted: Today I found and tried it and I really love these trucks :bow:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Beach Objects * Shopping Centres * Skyscrapers * Garage Entrances
Modular Warehouses * Trucks & Buses Parking Lots * Bus Depots * Bus Terminals
Road Waypoints * Road Stops * Eyecandy Objects * Building Set

Winner of the Screenshot of 09/20, 11/20, 02/21, 06/21, 07/21, 05/22 and 06/22.:twisted:
ttdplanner
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ttdplanner »

Brickblock1 wrote: 03 May 2022 17:14 Hi, I noticed that the hybrid rvs in your set do not have extended trolley pickups and that they show the incorrect power and running cost when running under U&RaTT wires, so i fixed it by replaceing the current_roadtype variable with tile_powers_roadtype("ELRD") which seams to work with U&RaTT and Docklands.
Hi Brickblock1, would you mind providing the compiled .grf file from that .nml file? I am unable to compile on my system and I would really like to use your fix as I have the same issue you described. Thank you in advance.
Brickblock1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Brickblock1 »

ttdplanner wrote: 28 Apr 2023 22:14 Hi Brickblock1, would you mind providing the compiled .grf file from that .nml file? I am unable to compile on my system and I would really like to use your fix as I have the same issue you described. Thank you in advance.
Here you go:
Attachments
moprv80.grf
(2.15 MiB) Downloaded 71 times
ttdplanner
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ttdplanner »

Here you go:
Thanks!
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

What cableway do I need for the cable cars to appear? I only know of two graphics and both are basically train track type...
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Unspooled has cable ways
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
ahyangyi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ahyangyi »

(EDIT: this was a question but I have answered myself at the end of this post!)

Hi, I am trying to use this NewGRF to provide Trolleybuses/Trolley Trucks to my game -- I am using other NewGRFs for other kind of vehicles.

However, I discovered that as long as I enable Trolley vehicles, I also get the Dual Mode ones, which can run on all kinds of roads, are just marginally more expensive than the Trolley ones, with even lower running cost, and are just good at everything.

For example, let's compare the following three:

Tama Articulated Bus
--------------------------
Cost: £6,972
Weight: 21 t (26 t)
Speed: 100 km/h Power: 608 hp
Max. Tractive Effort: 61 kN
Running Cost: £876/yr
Capacity: 84 passengers
Designed: 1990  Life: 40 years
Max. Reliability: 85%

LCS Articulated Trolley Bus
Cost: £7,300
Weight: 20 t (25 t)
Speed: 100 km/h Power: 1,267 hp
Max. Tractive Effort: 58 kN
Running Cost: £815/yr
Designed: 1990  Life: 40 years
Max. Reliability: 98%

Bufo Articulated Dual Mode Bus
Cost: £7,792
Weight: 22 t (27 t)
Speed: 100 km/h Power: 1,318 hp
Max. Tractive Effort: 64 kN
Running Cost: £815/yr
Designed: 1995  Life: 40 years
Max. Reliability: 99%
I want to understand the rationale behind these Dual Mode vehicles. If they have absolutely no restriction where they can go, and regular vehicles also have absolutely no restrictions where they can go, aren't they actually just more expensive but more powerful and reliable regular vehicles? What's special in Dual Mode?

In real life, in my understand those "Dual Mode Trolleys" are trolleys with some sort of an emergency fallback mechanism to enable them to still work for a short detour. They aren't designed to run forever on non-electrified roads.

Anyways, and can there be an option to disable these Dual Mode vehicles?

EDIT: wait, I was using the 0.8.0 from BaNaNaS and didn't realize it wasn't the newest version...

And, I dug into the code and saw things like

// boost hp under wires
// reduce running cost under wires
So the game GUI was misleading me by always showing the "optimal condition" stats! Problem solved!
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

The rationale is simple, they are more ecological. Also, it would be rather strange if the new technology was worse than the old. So far it doesn't look like that in reality, true.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Argus wrote: 22 May 2023 11:25 The rationale is simple, they are more ecological. Also, it would be rather strange if the new technology was worse than the old. So far it doesn't look like that in reality, true.
*cough* (warning, NSFW language)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1kOLhhSjl8

Return to “Graphics Releases”