Auge's Basic Roads, version 0.1.1

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Auge
Director
Director

Re: Auge's Basic Roads

Post by Auge »

Hallo
Kruemelchen wrote: 31 May 2021 10:53 Okay, let's be patient then :)
Auge wrote: 31 May 2021 08:09 No, they aren't. It would be nice if the poles activates automatically when year X starts but as far as I know this doesn't work.
Can't you insert a switch that checks the date (current_year) and replaces the pole sprites with empty ones?
Of course, I can.

It seems to work but that way I can't distinguish stone paved town roads from stone paved country roads because of their currently identical surface graphics. It might be an idea to put that into a later version with either different surface graphics or "old style" pole graphics. Currently I want to get ready to release a first version that is playable in the meaning of all (nonelectrified) road types are available so players can test the progress in road contruction over time.

Tschö, Auge
Kruemelchen
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Kruemelchen »

I didn't mean to imply anything :)
I'm looking forward testing your set ;)
odisseus
Director
Director

Post by odisseus »

Consider adding a road with no speed limit, for eye-candy cars and hover buses.
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
odisseus wrote: 31 May 2021 19:20 Consider adding a road with no speed limit, for eye-candy cars and hover buses.
Hmm, … öhhm, err … no. Such a road makes no sense in my set (Auge's Basic Roads(et)). I want to provide a set with a few worldwide common road classes. Your proposal is IMHO more a special case for use in the game that does not fit into the scheme of my set.

On the other hand it's absolutely no problem to combine different road sets. There are 63 slots so you should be able to add another set with a road type that fulfills your needs.

Tschö, Auge
Auge
Director
Director

Re: Auge's Basic Roads, version 0.1

Post by Auge »

Hello,

[edit]I wrote this posting initially at january, the third being sick and forgot to say this and that. Because of that I decided to heavily edit the posting. I set the edited passages in italic letters.[/edit]

After a long time I want to show you the first prerelease of my roadset for testing. It's the initial public release, version 0.1. There are no tram tracks, no trolley wired roads, no road-type-distinct or snow aware depot sprites. All you can play with, are town road types for walking or driving, overland roads and motorways/highways, all in two generations with different speed limits. Furthermore you can use right and left hand driving as well as asphalt roads in northamerican and european style.

There is left much to do. Better sprites for some of the road types, different depots for different road types, tram tracks and trolley roads, setting adjustments and …

I wanted to release this today because for me it's a special day.

- repository
- releases
- issues

Tschö, Auge
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello Gadg8eer
Gadg8eer wrote: 05 Jan 2021 01:09 You might find this to be useful. It's the source code to a "Roadtype Fixes" GRF I've already released on BaNaNaS. It replaces the default road graphics with grass and concrete.
Now in the repo but not in a release: One way signs, based on the code and the graphics in your Roadtype-Fixes-set. Additionally I made it traffic side aware. :-)
one-way-road-signs.png
one-way-road-signs.png (15.29 KiB) Viewed 1289 times
I made the sign posts longer/higher and repositioned the signs.

One thing, I spotted, is, that the blue one way sign at the right (to northwest) gets overlapped by any object/building that will be build on the tile with the mine building from the FIRS & Chips style objects, if the namely object touches the southwest tile border. In that case one will see only the post of the one way sign but not the sign itself. See therefore the second screenshot.
one-way-road-signs-spot.png
one-way-road-signs-spot.png (7.93 KiB) Viewed 2361 times
Beside this little glitch IMHO it looks good.

Tschö, Auge
TransportFanMar
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TransportFanMar »

Auge wrote: 03 Jan 2022 19:44 Hello,

[edit]I wrote this posting initially at january, the third being sick and forgot to say this and that. Because of that I decided to heavily edit the posting. I set the edited passages in italic letters.[/edit]

After a long time I want to show you the first prerelease of my roadset for testing. It's the initial public release, version 0.1. There are no tram tracks, no trolley wired roads, no road-type-distinct or snow aware depot sprites. All you can play with, are town road types for walking or driving, overland roads and motorways/highways, all in two generations with different speed limits. Furthermore you can use right and left hand driving as well as asphalt roads in northamerican and european style.

There is left much to do. Better sprites for some of the road types, different depots for different road types, tram tracks and trolley roads, setting adjustments and …

I wanted to release this today because for me it's a special day.

- repository
- releases
- issues

Tschö, Auge
Github releases link not working.

Edit: the one in the head post is correct right?
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
TransportFanMar wrote: 26 Jul 2022 13:56
Auge wrote: 03 Jan 2022 19:44 - repository
- releases
- issues
Github releases link not working.

Edit: the one in the head post is correct right?
Mähhh! Sorry, there's a superfluous, trailing "t" in the username part of the URL of the releases link. More than a half year after posting the entry, I am not able to edit the posting. So it is only possible for me to post the corrected link(s) again.

- repository
- releases
- issues

Thank you for pointing out the error in the link.

Tschö, Auge

Return to “Graphics Development”