An experienced programmer...

Archived discussions related to Transport Empire. Read-only access only.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

ebray99
Engineer
Engineer

An experienced programmer...

Post by ebray99 »

Hello all,

My name is Kevin Bray. I'm a professional game programmer, have been for over 3 years. I've shipped one title (NHRA Drag Racing 2004, Valusoft). I'm currently working at Atomic Games on a wargame RTS. I've been interested in doing a TT like clone for quite some time, with slightly more realistic management, and of course, better graphics. I've written 5 graphics engines, 2 professionally. I wouldn't mind actually starting a new project or continuing this one. From what I've gathered, the project doesn't seem very far along (although I could be wrong). I also wouldn't mind setting up a CVS repository, etc. I have experience with modern development and management styles as well (I'm very much into Agile Methodologies). This would be something on the side for me, but I would be able to put in up to 20 hours per week. With 3 experienced programmers and solid development methodologies, I'm confident that the game could be code complete within about 6 months, ultimately depending on features. If anyone has any thoughts, feel free to reply this thread, send me an e-mail, or IM me (AIM: IAmTheEBray). I'm only on IM at work, so if I don't respond, I'm probably at home.

thanks,
Kevin
ChrisCF
Transport Empire Developer
Transport Empire Developer

Post by ChrisCF »

Hello, there. If you're able, try to drop in to the IRC channel (#tempire @ QuakeNet) - meetings are held regularly, almost every week no that things are picking up. We're currently working towards getting some workable documentation written, based on the ideas people have suggested, as a starting point for people to come up with some more concrete designs, and from that a basis for some code. We've got CVS via SourceForge (project name is tt2), and remnants of old, unmaintained code currently lives there.

If you're up for joining us, then welcome aboard :)
Bugzilla available for use - PM for details.

Return to “Transport Empire Development Archive”