>> CS Bus set : CS Truck set : Cstgfx Trams <<

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Greyfur
Engineer
Engineer

Re: >> CS Bus set : CS Truck set : Cstgfx Trams <<

Post by Greyfur »

Hello, I just realized I have not posted an update for a while! So let me break down the progress:

1) Trolleybuses - Al trolleybuses were shaded and sent to Spajdy for coding. A small exception are the Tatra and Bratislava trolleybuses, which are more or less complete, but will have to wait for Spajdy to code all the previous ones.

2) Buses - The A part did not see much progress, as I have returned to trams. The new buses pictured in the previous update have sprites with refits ready, but are not coded yet.
- For the B part I have great news, thanks to Emperor Jake (エコレールマーク) I now have a way to merge B1-B3 into one set, I have already started to work on the merged set.
- C set has a list of buses prepared and most likely will be also included in the B part.

3) Trams - Trams were my main focus for the past weeks. I was working on coding, coded the 1895 Ganz, 1898 Ganz and 1912 Ganz trams, I only need to encode te newest carriages addition.
- I completely reworked the coding of TATRA KT8D5 and it finally alligned anworks great.
- I have drawn a huge amount of TATRA T3 refits: T3 - 21 refits, T3CS - 30 refits and T3SUCS - 30 refits. I have also drawn advertisements for all of them based on real advertisements(25-40 for each subtype).
- I am now working on advertisements for the TATRA K2 trams.

The tram code respects the change of electrician norms to change the pantograph color from red to yellow in 1993. Trams that will head into the depot in 1993 and later will have their pantographs repainted to yellow.
When you refit to advertisement livery, the livery will be changing to varius advertisements over time. Both features are already coded.
My project: CS Bus Set viewtopic.php?f=26&t=87962

Škoda - Praga - Tatra - Karosa - Oasa - Prima TL - Zliner - TAM BUS - SOR - Novoplan - Granus - Slovbus - Tedom - Irisbus - Iveco

Woof !
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Sorry, I accidentally posted one mistake here - viewtopic.php?t=88360 :oops:
Greyfur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Greyfur »

Argus wrote: 26 Oct 2022 13:04 Sorry, I accidentally posted one mistake here - viewtopic.php?t=88360 :oops:
Sorry for taking so long. This should be already resolved in the newest version. I plan to ll out the next A-part version sometime in January.

I go a little stuck with trm advertisements, as... I found the city bus manager game, which eaten a good deal of my free time. Here a very small example on tram advertisements in progress:

Škoda - Praga - Tatra - Karosa - Oasa - Prima TL - Zliner - TAM BUS - SOR - Novoplan - Granus - Slovbus - Tedom - Irisbus - Iveco

Woof !
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Wow :)
Greyfur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Greyfur »

Did it ever happen to you, that you start to play a game and suddenly it is 2 months later???

Well, City Bus Manager is a great game, but it is time to again do and show something OTTD-like.

I continued slowly with the trams and, as always, switched to buses, working on some oldies again. No many know, that Tatra, the company known for building trucks, and which also built buses in the past was only called Tatra since 1919, when the name Tatra first abbeared on their vehicles. Before that it was know as NW, or Nesseldorfer Wagenbau (Nesseldorf = Kopřivnice). The A-part of the bus set will contain several new NW vehicles. I was recently working on TL2 (1915-1923) and TL4 (1916-1927), so these are buses (and trucks), that started as NW and upon some time renamed to Tatra.

The bus set A part will still need some love before I can call the next version prepared. From graphics I will still need to finish Skoda 304, Walter PN for regional service, Walter FNA and Walter D-Bus (the most powerful bus of those times in CS). I will most likely leave Liberta / Fross Bussing for the next update. Pondering addig Skoda Sentinell steam bus instead, as I have already some sprites draw for the Sentinell bus.

Finally, my main focus at the moment are bus stops. I am working on them together with Fridaemon, who already did code some of the testing stops. I do have over 30 various stops in mind, the oldest shelter types being from 20ies/30ies of 20th century, the most being from 1950's till 1990's, and a couple modern ones. There will be both simple stops and parts that can be connected into larger bus stations. There will be both ČSAD regional bus stops and city bus/tram stops.

So far I have two types of ČSAD metal shelters, 3 types of ČSAD stations and a couple more simple bus stops for regional service and I have SlovŠport bus/tram stops, some larger aluminium/glass shelters for city bus/tram with underpass and frst 30's shelter done. More to come.

Woof !
Kruemelchen
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Kruemelchen »

Greyfur wrote: 28 Feb 2023 16:42 I continued slowly with the trams and, as always, switched to buses, working on some oldies again. No many know, that Tatra, the company known for building trucks, and which also built buses in the past was only called Tatra since 1919, when the name Tatra first abbeared on their vehicles. Before that it was know as NW, or Nesseldorfer Wagenbau (Nesseldorf = Kopřivnice). The A-part of the bus set will contain several new NW vehicles. I was recently working on TL2 (1915-1923) and TL4 (1916-1927), so these are buses (and trucks), that started as NW and upon some time renamed to Tatra.
I'm looking forward to your takes on the TL2 and TL4!! :D
Both are on my list to add to my own set (albeit in 2x zoom) :)

Also I'm quite curious about your road stops :)
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Then two sets of stops should be used, right? Similar to how it is with trains.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

I'm an ass, I already answered myself.
It just looks a little different than train stations. The Fridaemons do not yet have their own named label.
Attachments
Muir & Co., 21. zář 1955.png
(1.93 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Greyfur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Greyfur »

Kruemelchen wrote: 28 Feb 2023 22:01 I'm looking forward to your takes on the TL2 and TL4!! :D
Both are on my list to add to my own set (albeit in 2x zoom) :)

Also I'm quite curious about your road stops :)
The TL2 and TL4 are not easy, as in those times buses were build with various order-specific bodies, some as open/roofless, some as semi-open/with roof but windowless or closed ones.
here are mine

The roadstops are in Fridaemons set. I still have some I am working on. Here a tiny morsel:

Woof !
Greyfur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Greyfur »

The Bus set A-part has all buses drawn for the next update and I am now working on refits. Once that is done I will code them and will have to adjust and test them. But it's getting close to release.

Once done, I will continue with trams and the integration of bus B1-B3 sets into one grf B-part file instead of three. I also plan to expand on the currently contained buses. The amount of buses, that will be fitted into the integrated B release is not yet set, the following are planned to be added in the future, hopefully all will fit:

Mercedes buses (O303, O330, Tourismo, Intouro, Connecto),
MAN (multiple, so far unspecified)
Solaris buses (Urbino 12, 15 and 18)
Karosa 95x series (B951+B952, C954+C955, C956 & LC956, B961)
Irisbus Ares (12m, 12,8m, 15m)
SOR (LC9,5, BN12, C12, BN9,5, BN10,5, CN9,5, CN10,5, CN12, LH10,5, LH12, NB12, NB18, NS12 & NS18 + Ekobuses versions)
Citelis (10,6, 12, 18)
Tedom 123 + C12
Iveco Arway (12, 12.8, 15)
Iveco Crossway (10,6, 12, 12,8)
Crossway LE (10,6, 12, 12,8, 14,5)
Troliga Fénix + Pegasus (also Leonis, Taurus and possibly the doubledecker as well)
Slovbus Patria

For the above, most of them are more or less drawn, the below are not even started, but I would like them to be a part of the set in the future:
Setra 3xx, 4xx and 5xx series
Scania Irizar
Irisbus Domino
Iveco Magelys

Except of that I plan a revision of the 73x Karosa buses and 93x buses, as I am not happy with their shape anymore and would like them to be shaded.

Woof !
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

When will there be any trucks? That old cstruck set is for two things, it doesn't support modern industry :) And trucks from CZTR are only for CZTR roads.
Greyfur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Greyfur »

Argus wrote: 18 Mar 2023 18:22 When will there be any trucks? That old cstruck set is for two things, it doesn't support modern industry :) And trucks from CZTR are only for CZTR roads.
Once the tram set is released in the first version and ideally upon a grouped version of B set is released. But you meanwhile know I jump a lot beween work on the sets to avoid burning out and loss of motivation. But I am very hapy for you expressing your interest in them, as I had the feeling there was more push for Buses and Trams and therefore I have rather kept working on those.

For trucks themselves I do have the needed literature, an unfinished list of trucks and what they would be used for, I have many of them partialy drawn (horizontal views) and there is that testing set with Liaz 706 truck. The biggest turnoff is not the trucks themselves, but drawing the various cargoes they can haul and stages of partial loading :roll: .

Woof !
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Would it be possible to include this special in the file as well, if there is not too little information?
https://cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/Škoda_VOS
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

I ran into a problem with the Saurer bus.
If a set that preserves the original buses is used, it shows as the original bus.
After buying it, it already looks like it should.
Edit: Sorry, I can't reproduce it, and it's possible that a graphics change in the running game caused it. :oops:
Greyfur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Greyfur »

Nor I or the sets are dead, I just took a large break working on buses for City Bus Manager...

I realized I have been avoiding the work on these mainly because the work that needs to be done on the sets is which I really dislike.

The tram set needs track alignments fixed before it can be released at least in the basic version, which is work I really hate. It takes an awful lot of time.

The bus sets have a merger in progress. B1, B2 and B3 sets are undergoing a merger into one B file. I am about halfway in, maybe more, I will also do a preparation for buses, that will be added later, as after the string texts optimization by using CONCAT the amount of strings dropped from over 3000 to somewhere around 400-500, for all three sets. That will allow me to merge the planned C (2001-today) set with the B also. I will not merge the A and B, as the split is exactly where Špajdy's set comes in, so people who prefer his buses can use my buses as prequel and then move over to his. Rewriting the code also takes A LOT of time and does not motivate me much to work on it.

But I now gained some motivation after reading about trams again, feeling like I would like to continue with the horse-pulled trams, forcig myself to do the backlog work first. So hopefully you will hear from me sooner than in another half a year :)

Woof !
JohnFranklin523
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by JohnFranklin523 »

Hello. Some bus sprites in CS Bus Set disappear after 2100 even in "vehicles never expire" mode...
Screenshot 2023-11-23 092246.png
(43.95 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Leaping Liu Never Dies
跨越不死,曙光永生
The founder of China Set; the operator of JFServer.
My GRFs besides China Set
My Scenarios and Heightmaps
Greyfur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Greyfur »

JohnFranklin523 wrote: 23 Nov 2023 01:23 Hello. Some bus sprites in CS Bus Set disappear after 2100 even in "vehicles never expire" mode...
Screenshot 2023-11-23 092246.png
All timed liveries do have 2100 as their end date, as I haven't expected anybody using it for so long... Also, all hidden prepration bus types in the A-part are set for 2100. But good to know, will push it out to a later date.

Woof !
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

There is also a game scenario that starts in the year 2500...
By the way, the Saurer bus has no livery in 1944, it is also shown as a base bus.

Return to “Graphics Development”