STGFX Dev Posts

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

fridaemon
Director
Director

Re: Slovak Transportation Graphic Set (STGFX)

Post by fridaemon »

Yessss!

dance.gif
dance.gif (133.53 KiB) Viewed 7181 times
ImageImageImageImageImage
Beach Objects * Shopping Centres * Skyscrapers * Garage Entrances
Modular Warehouses * Trucks & Buses Parking Lots * Bus Depots * Bus Terminals
Road Waypoints * Road Stops * Eyecandy Objects * Building Set

Winner of the Screenshot of 09/20, 11/20, 02/21, 06/21, 07/21, 05/22 and 06/22.:twisted:
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

Hello world,

thank you for your support and playing with my set. I am gonna continue working on trolleybuses, but i think, buses need so much more love from me at the moment, that probably, I should refocus on them, till the end of the year.
So, I am gonna inform you in two weeks, how it is going.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

You can find what I am planning next, or doing right now right in my developer diary.
Slovakia | lang : slovak | english

SLOVAK DISCORD SERVER I (and others Slovak and Czech creators) write there in Slovak about what I (ot they are) am planning. This invitation is valid for 100 users.
It is alive and well. :)
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

Hello, TT-World,

I know I am slow and lazy, BUT, I finally touched bus code, at its core. because I've noticed, that I did not update the version published @ BaNaNaS. My main issue is there is still an offset error, that needs to be resolved, and it is actually simple to fix, so you can expect a small update via BaNaNaS. However, there were patch made for this, but it was released only on Discord only. So, I am gonna make it possible to download it from BaNaNaS with a new version B1.00.03 "REVIVE". And I am gonna check, what else can be improved in short time, while I am preparing for more work on this. Finally, right?
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

You can find what I am planning next, or doing right now right in my developer diary.

SLOVAK DISCORD SERVER I (and others Slovak and Czech creators) write there in Slovak about what I (ot they are) am planning. This invitation is valid for 100 users.
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

Hello travellers,
as the end of the month is here, I am preparing slowly to publish the BUS Set in version B1.00.04, and as always, I am gonna tell you, there are very few vehicles coming around at the moment.
List of them is: Solaris Urbino 8,6 (III. gen) and Solaris Urbino 18 (IV. gen).
In version B1.00.03 I've messed big time - there were missing liveries and vehicles!!! So I've fixed it for you, and it seems fine at the moment, so wish me luck!

List of planned updates:
Buses
B1.00.04 - End of November or beginning of December.
B1.00.05 - Hopefully around Christmas, but there is a good chance it will be in January 2022.
B1.00.06 - Patching of version .05
Trolleybuses
B1.00.04 - I am gonna do as much as possible to have it around when Buses B1.00.06 will roll out.

Good news!!!
After publishing Buses B1.00.04 code itself will be fixed enough for me to add whenever I want - so there might occur a time when I will release a few versions in row when I will catch a wave and won't stop doing them. And I don't have to stick to plan exactly, as it should keep back-compatibility all-righty.
Vehicles of B1.00.04 Buses
Vehicles of B1.00.04 Buses
obrázok_2021-11-20_200419.png (99.12 KiB) Viewed 6678 times
On the picture, you can see new ATS graphics for Ikarus 435 (Agreed Trams Scale is a scale we agreed with Greyfur to use for trams, now I am applying it on some vehicles that looked off.). If you have Ikarus 435 in your current game and want to swap versions, it won't replace your old vehicle. Ikarus 435 (OG) will be in-game, only hidden from Purchase Menu, so you can not buy it anymore, and in the detail of the vehicle there will be information, that you are using old versions and prompt to replace it with the Ikarus 435 (ATS).
Other vehicles are Solaris Urbino 8,6 and Solaris Urbino 18. Both in Bratislava livery.

Hope, it will ba faster!
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

Hello, everyone.

So it did not work, as was intended. Please accept my honest apologies, but I got overwhelmed by my actual job. I was told, that there will be a lot less work in January, but it was not the case, as my position is new, and hard to get to know what is going on. It got that bad, I was unable to do almost anything apart, from what I really had to do.
So I took home office, for a week, as I felt sickish, and only now I was capable, to make some progress on some of the vehicles.
So, here is a thing.
I am not gonna announce anything anymore, as there may be this turbulence in my life, and this is an only side passion project, and it really is hard work around It sometimes.
I hope you understand. :)
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

Hello, world,

I am sorry for being quiet, there were some issues in my personal life. I was sick for almost 3 weeks, then I had to catch on the job, and life is somehow crazy. I am trying to remember what was I doing before everything went sideways, but current situations are not helping, in mental terms. (Ukraine thing). I feel like I can not fully focus almost on anything, as I am worried. Mostly internally, but it is affecting, what I am doing and how I am doing it.

Anyway, Thank you for bearing with me, and let me tell you, I did a small update of STGFX Buses, to version B1.00.05 where I implemented Karosa B95X, with new sprites and new code, there might be some crunchy parts, that won't work correctly, but I will get to it. At the moment, when I try to do one bus completely, I feel overwhelmed as there is a lot of stuff to code. Shame on me, that I took the bigger idea, at the beginning. Should do something smaller, right?

Anyway, I've enabled Karosa C 943 bus for this pack, hope it helps to get through with your games.

Once more, thank you for understanding.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

Hello World,
I've released a small update for buses adding Iveco UrbanWay buses that are long 18 meters.
Available in the game and in archives on the Discord server.
Attachments
UrbanWays 18
UrbanWays 18
obrázok_2022-03-25_003825.png (62.73 KiB) Viewed 4212 times
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

Hello World,

I got a bit frustrated by all my mistakes with buses. Starting a project this big, without any experience in coding and without any experience with creating NewGRF was doomed from the beginning. It works, don't get me wrong, but updating, or even adding new stuff to the package is causing me headaches, as the code is not consistent. I wanted always to try something new, so I've tried and now there is a mess that if I start solving I completely break back compatibility and I wanted to avoid tha...ort of.

So.... Buses are stopped. I am gonna do a reset on this project. I have to be strict, about what is gonna be in the package, and what is not.

So, I made a poll on Discord, where people choose, that they only want few CC combinations and there is no need for every Slovak town livery in the book. So I am going to do that.

I am gonna write, about what I want to achieve with this new "mindset".

Presenting STGFX Buses 2.00.XY Plans

There are around 104 buses at the moment planned. However, some of the buses are non-existent yet, so they will work as placeholders till I will know, what they look like.
These vehicles are broken down into small "Packs" where are 4-6 buses in each. That means there will be around 21ish Packs with vehicles.
The time plan is not set, as this caused me major headaches trying to move forward, with buggy code. It will be when it will be.

I want every vehicle to be working in the GRF, so you have enough to play with. There are some vehicles left, due to the fact that Greyfur made a lot of them and there is no need for duplicate, apart from that my friend created some that were operated in more European countries and only in one town in Slovakia so I gave up those vehicles mostly.

However, I left backdoors for Slovak town liveries, for later, and even for Night graphics and Zoomed Graphics. But it is not a priority. It just be prepared to be used in later, if possible.

I want to make it updatable and capable of back compatibility, so I can update it if anything goes sideways.

CC combinations will be:
CC Body, CC Stripes, CC DPMŽ, CC BB and CC PID (old one, still not fond of the new one, sry and this is Slovak package in first place, be happy it is in there) for City buses.
CC Body, CC Stripes, CC Slovak Lines, CC Arriva (dual color), CC PID for regional buses.
For long-distance buses, there is no preference really from me so I am not able to tell what CC combinations they will have. Yet.

I want to preserve opening doors at the stops and blinking.

I have planned a few of the packages that should be delivered firstly. Here is what should be included:

Pack 1
Irisbus Daily
Irisbus Citybus 12
Irisbus Citybus 18
Irisbus Citelis 10,5 (Diesel, CNG version).
Irisbus Citelis 12 (Diesel, CNG version) (Firstly without A/C)

Pack 2
SOR NB 12 (Diesel, CNG)
SOR NB 18 (Diesel, CNG)
SOR NS 12 (Diesel, CNG, electric)
SOR NS 18 (Diesel, CNG, electric)

Pack 3
Solaris Urbino 15 I.
Solaris Urbino 15 II.
Solaris Urbino 15 III. (Diesel, CNG)
Solaris Urbino 18 III.
Solaris Urbino 18 IV.

Pack 4
Irisbus Citelis 18 (Diesel, CNG)
Irisbus Crossway 10,6
Irisbus Crossway 10,6 LE
Irisbus Crossway 12
Irisbus Crossway 12 LE
Irisbus Arrway 12
Irrisbus Arrway 15

This is what is planned, as you can see it is not much yet, but the plan is slowly being filled.
I can tell you there will be for sure Karosa B 961 at one point, smaller SORs and Ikarus buses.

Existing graphics can be used if It was fixed. (For example, Solaris Urbino 18 IV, is created with the new standards already, and even Urbino 8,6.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

wyndbain
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wyndbain »

spajdy wrote: 25 Jul 2022 07:28 Presenting STGFX Buses 2.00.XY Plans

There are around 104 buses at the moment planned. However, some of the buses are non-existent yet, so they will work as placeholders till I will know, what they look like.
These vehicles are broken down into small "Packs" where are 4-6 buses in each. That means there will be around 21ish Packs with vehicles.
The time plan is not set, as this caused me major headaches trying to move forward, with buggy code. It will be when it will be.
Great, Really like the set atm and happy there will be some more additions.
Any chance we will get some long distance coaches?

Really good set tho
Come join the OpenTTD official Discord!!! https://discord.gg/openttd

Image Image

Screenshot of the month winner: September 2022
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

wyndbain wrote: 31 Jul 2022 23:10
spajdy wrote: 25 Jul 2022 07:28 Presenting STGFX Buses 2.00.XY Plans

Great, Really like the set atm and happy there will be some more additions.
Any chance we will get some long distance coaches?

Really good set tho
Well, in the original plans there were few of them, in this, there is not much of this. Long distance Coaches can be found in Greyfur's CS Bus sets. This is why I kind of let them go. I usually use buses to get people to the trains, so I prefer to have city buses and some of the regional ones. But go check Greyfur's work.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Small problem.
If I use your set of roads, the game will create a basic city road and a public road from the pedestrian zone type when generating the map.
The game is then almost unplayable without a cheat, because initially the cities will not allow road reconstruction and buses cannot be sent.
The problem is related to the early start, when the city road is not yet available.
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

Small problem.
If I use your set of roads, the game will create a basic city road and a public road from the pedestrian zone type when generating the map.
The game is then almost unplayable without a cheat, because initially the cities will not allow road reconstruction and buses cannot be sent.
The problem is related to the early start, when the city road is not yet available.
I've noticed that lately. This is the due date of originating roads, maybe I will be able to fix it in the near future, but at the moment, in the newer developer build there is an issue with alignment, that occurred by fixing something, so I really hope, I will be able to fix it somehow without any more trouble. But thanks for report.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

Argus wrote: 25 Nov 2022 14:28 Small problem.
I've tried to change the introduction date for town roads, but this looks just weird, as my own roads are not targeted yet for this early stage of the game, but should be playable with the new update.
Fix_for
Fix_for
obrázok_2022-12-10_132101095.png (374.81 KiB) Viewed 2424 times
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Thank you. It really looks weird, so I've also used this kit with other roads. But there are other problems. For example, Polroad has its own roads but no electrified roads... That's when this problem arose, your pedestrian zone probably has an earlier start than some Polroad roads...
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

Argus wrote: 10 Dec 2022 12:29 Thank you. It really looks weird, so I've also used this kit with other roads. But there are other problems. For example, Polroad has its own roads but no electrified roads... That's when this problem arose, your pedestrian zone probably has an earlier start than some Polroad roads...
Yes, it is possible, maybe I can look into it and force a different introduction date when Polroad is active, but that is problematic, as I will need more time to investigate and this won't be anytime soon I guess.
What I can say, I was doing some compatibility for U&RaTT, TimberWOLF and Unspooled roads, as they have electric roads, and I wanted my vehicles to use them, mainly for special vehicles. It was working best with U&RaTT roads, and you can switch off roads from my set completely, and it looks great.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

No need to rush it, I use URatt regularly and there are also problems now if I leave the Polroad roads on, so I will continue to use other roads with the Polish set :)
Perhaps he will also add trolleybuses in time... :wink:
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

Argus wrote: 10 Dec 2022 15:39 No need to rush it, I use URatt regularly and there are also problems now if I leave the Polroad roads on, so I will continue to use other roads with the Polish set :)
Perhaps he will also add trolleybuses in time... :wink:
Or if you are able to tell me when it starts I can change bit of code, so it does show somehow correctly
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

I didn't quite understand that, my knowledge of English is insufficient and Google messed it up somehow. Anyway, I've only come across this once. I usually start at 1850 - sometimes even 1800, which is very early indeed...
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

Argus wrote: 10 Dec 2022 17:46 I didn't quite understand that, my knowledge of English is insufficient and Google messed it up somehow. Anyway, I've only come across this once. I usually start at 1850 - sometimes even 1800, which is very early indeed...
Okey, nevermind. Will try something, and we hopefully, it will be okay.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

As you may notice, I was "playing a dead bug", not really, but due to work and personal issues, I was not focused on this.
My goal was to deliver as much as possible within the Trolleybus package, before Christmas. Honestly, it is much less, than I was expecting to be done at the moment.

Thanks to Greyfur there is a portion of vehicles from history, that now have almost everything ready, and I've progressed with vehicles with batteries, so more trolleybuses, that can run outside the grid. There are still missing sounds at the moment and effects are not coded, but those are details, that will be added.

On the bus front, as I've mentioned, I've planned my plan of production, and don't want to abandon it, but at the moment I am trying to figure out how stacking sprites work, if anyone can help, please don't hesitate to contact me.
I've tried the first vehicles, and with a new approach, it is much more easier and flexible than the code, I've had for old buses and now it seems to be as I wished from the beginning.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

Return to “Graphics Development”