Replace vehicles

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

kabanru
Engineer
Engineer

Replace vehicles

Post by kabanru »

I suggest that we replace old-age vehicles with vehicles of the same type. Otherwise, it turns out that in the last years of the game, there is nothing to change vehicles for.
Attachments
openttd.png
(781.41 KiB) Not downloaded yet
kabanru
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Replace vehicles

Post by kabanru »

does this not work in a saved game?
can you add "autorenew" to the "manage list" menu?
Attachments
openttd1.png
openttd1.png (91.92 KiB) Viewed 1405 times
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Replace vehicles

Post by MagicBuzz »

Hello,

Sorry to dig up this topic, but I have a suggestion about auto-renew and auto-replace functions.

First, I'm using JGRPP so I may speak about some behavior not existing in the trunk already.

I discovered a few days ago an option "old only" in the "Template replacement" feature (works only for trains).
How it works : when a vehicle gets old it will head to the depot for renew, but will be replaced with the template rather then simply being renewed with the same model.

Now, for auto-replace, it works fine, but any "old model" vehicle will be replaced with the "new model" vehicle as soon the vehicle pass near a depot and you have enough money => it works like the "Template replacement" feature.
At last, for auto-renew, when a vehicle gets old, it will head to the depot and will be replaced with the same model => it works like the "old only" option of "Template replacement".

My suggestion is about... "auto-replace old only". A mix between "auto-replace" and "auto-renew".
=> Only old vehicles will be replaced with a newer model when renewed.

This feature could be an option in the "replace vehicles" window.

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”