NotPerfectAI

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

LoSboccacc
Engineer
Engineer

Re: NotPerfectAI

Post by LoSboccacc »

great ai! manages to work with the new road types properly, which makes me really happy

I found a minor issue with bridges, it abandoned this link, prob due do being unable to bridge over the road and water:

ah, it can probably save a penny using buoys instead of ship depots for waypoints
RolandKnight
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RolandKnight »

Thanks for letting me know!

I decided to use shipyards instead of buoys because it extends the maximum range of ships.
JustMoreMemes
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JustMoreMemes »

This is one amazing AI, I've only ever been beaten by AdmiralAI once before and no other AI has come close to catching up to me (and I am not a fast player) but your AI is a great challenge, it's been beating me on my current save and unlike almost every other AI on this map hasn't crashed even once, nor has it abandoned any routes half finished, however I have spotted a few issues with it. The most obvious being that they have spammed all the water routes with ship depots. Using depots instead of buoys aren't a problem when they just have a few boat routes but when they build several boat routes near each other lakes become filled with them and its hideous and confusing, it would probably be more sensible to have it place a depot every 3 buoys or something. I also found that they often leave bridges when they dismantle old routes, I am using ABRS which might be part of it since its usually only the covered bridges that get left behind, but its a strange issue. The final issue though is that they never autoreplace vehicles from what I have seen, this doesn't seem to effect their impressive profits (if all their routes earned full profits I would get wrecked probably) but they are left with several routes served by no longer available small horse carriages which earn just enough to not be sold despite being 15 years past their maximum age.

Great job on making such a brilliant AI, and I hope you can fix those minor issues eventually.
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

RolandKnight wrote: 23 Aug 2021 17:35 ...I decided to use shipyards instead of buoys because it extends the maximum range of ships.
And then we get this:
JustMoreMemes wrote: 11 Dec 2021 20:10 ...The most obvious issue being that they have spammed all the water routes with ship depots. Using depots instead of buoys aren't a problem when they just have a few boat routes but when they build several boat routes near each other lakes become filled with them and its hideous and confusing...
Buoys are there for a reason and they can be re-used by other ship routes, so use them (10 squares apart is optimum).
zekses
Engineer
Engineer

Post by zekses »

I only transports mail and passengers via railroads for me. Is this normal?
Last edited by zekses on 10 Sep 2023 12:26, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”