[GS] Renewed Village Growth 9.3 (RVG)

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

How would you rate this game script?

5★ Lev4 'Chimaera'
90%
4★ "AsiaStar"
7%
3★ Floss "47"
3%
2★ Ploddyphut Choo-Choo
No votes
1★ Kirby Paul Tank
No votes

Total votes: 29

Firrel
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [GS] Renewed Village Growth 9.0 (RVG)

Post by Firrel »

New update for Renewed Village Growth 9.0 is available in BaNaNaS
- new: German translation (pnkrtz)
- new: Probability to use nearby cargo types
- new: Subsidies generation
- mod: Updated cargoes in XIS economy (qamil95)
- fix: Changing cargo categories after save/load in procedural generation
- fix: Corrected STRING parameters in translations
Firrel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Firrel »

Zyan wrote: 15 Dec 2022 22:23 Hello iam using that Script and it is rly Nice,

I have 2 Questions i have a Problem that the Cargos always switch the Categories after i load my Savegame. (Screenshot) Category 2 got only 3 Cargos Category 3 got 7 in that case.

Is it Possible to change the Cargo Categorys? If Possible for a single City? Iam using xis extreme industrie and itz hard to find citys with the right needs since there so many cargos.

Thx in Advance
1. There was an issue with XIS economy in earlier versions of RVG (before 5.0), because it could not handle properly the new 64 cargo limit. From the image I dont see the categories to change. Maybe you mean randomization option, that chooses several cargo typed from each category to make each town unique. When you disable randomization, all cargos are available per category as shown in Cargo categories story page.
2. It is not possible to change cargo types of a single town after the cargo types are generated. When a town requires cargo and no nearby industry exists, an industry has to be funded there.
Valmont wrote: 05 Feb 2023 08:25 Ciao Firrel

First of all thanks for your work and support, I really love RVG.

I've got an issue: I placed a passengers rail station between 2 cities (Cesena and sestriere) very close together. Then I expanded it's coverage with CHIPS station elements, so with one station I should serve both cities! There are passengers and mail truck that transfer the loads to the main rail station (Cesena - Sestriere). Both cities should start growing but they'arent.
Strange thing is that in the city screen (of both cities) don't tell me anything about the cargo i'm not transferring enough out of town, it seems that i'm not transferring anything.
I'm playing on android.
Any help? Thanks in advance!
In attachment the images..
Is any other town growing? Based on these images, the towns should be growing just fine. It takes a month to start monitoring a new town, has it been a month already? Another cause might be that the game script is not running. When you open the game script console, does it add texts there or is there a red text or no text? There is an issue when a save file is moved from one device to another and the game script save info is not loaded properly, so the GS does not start.
TransshipmentEnvoy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TransshipmentEnvoy »

Firrel wrote: 11 Feb 2023 17:44 New update for Renewed Village Growth 9.0 is available in BaNaNaS
Is this update compatible with previous versions?
Firrel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Firrel »

TransshipmentEnvoy wrote: 12 Feb 2023 12:09
Firrel wrote: 11 Feb 2023 17:44 New update for Renewed Village Growth 9.0 is available in BaNaNaS
Is this update compatible with previous versions?
No, major releases are not compatible with previous versions, minor releases are.
Valmont
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Valmont »

Hi Firrel
Is any other town growing? Based on these images, the towns should be growing just fine. It takes a month to start monitoring a new town, has it been a month already? Another cause might be that the game script is not running. When you open the game script console, does it add texts there or is there a red text or no text? There is an issue when a save file is moved from one device to another and the game script save info is not loaded properly, so the GS does not start.
Just resolved, i deleted and rebuilded all the station and deleted also Housing as Industries new graphic which i used to grow the passengers and mails transferred.

Now I got another issue with the new version 9.0
I'm using AXIS industry set, maybe is linked?

Thanks again
Attachments
Screenshot_20230223_133813_OpenTTD.jpg
(1.02 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Firrel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Firrel »

Valmont wrote: 23 Feb 2023 12:58 Hi Firrel
Just resolved, i deleted and rebuilded all the station and deleted also Housing as Industries new graphic which i used to grow the passengers and mails transferred.

Now I got another issue with the new version 9.0
I'm using AXIS industry set, maybe is linked?

Thanks again
Glad you solved the first issue.

The other issue, the GS has crashed during loading of the game data. I could not reproduce it and I dont see any problem in the loading data code. Could you please describe the steps you did that lead to this problem?
nihues
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nihues »

Hello Firrel,

Today when I've loaded my game it was paused state and can't unpause it, looking around I've found your script is trying to build an Oil Refinery on a loop. Also I did not had the RVG window on start yet, so probably it's related to your script? Save game attached.
Attachments
Jones & Co., 1920-12-14.sav
(6.54 MiB) Downloaded 59 times
Firrel
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [GS] Renewed Village Growth 9.2 (RVG)

Post by Firrel »

New update for Renewed Village Growth 9.1 is available in BaNaNaS
- new: Japanese translation (fmang)
- mod: Updated french translation (Elarcis)
- mod: Updated slovak and czech translations
- fix: STR_SB_WELCOME_LIMIT_GROWTH_DELAY substitution (fmang)
- fix: Is raw cargo categorization

New update for Renewed Village Growth 9.2 is available in BaNaNaS
- fix: Funding failed continuously when no industry could be funded

nihues wrote: 30 Mar 2023 10:29 Today when I've loaded my game it was paused state and can't unpause it, looking around I've found your script is trying to build an Oil Refinery on a loop. Also I did not had the RVG window on start yet, so probably it's related to your script? Save game attached.
Should be fixed with version 9.2, thanks for pointing it out!
nihues
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nihues »

Firrel wrote: 02 Apr 2023 19:51 New update for Renewed Village Growth 9.2 is available in BaNaNaS
- fix: Funding failed continuously when no industry could be funded
nihues wrote: 30 Mar 2023 10:29 Today when I've loaded my game it was paused state and can't unpause it, looking around I've found your script is trying to build an Oil Refinery on a loop. Also I did not had the RVG window on start yet, so probably it's related to your script? Save game attached.
Should be fixed with version 9.2, thanks for pointing it out!
Thanks for fast response! Working normally now!
Sonic1305
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sonic1305 »

Hi, me and my friends started playing with RVG + XIS and really struggle to meet the passengers and mail requirements. I guess the main problem is that we play with symmetric cargodist but I thought it should be somehow manageable. I struggle to find out what exactly to do as I just always have around 50% passengers and mail (+/- 5%) so it always stays around 1100. (Passengers 85 of 162, Mail 33 of 72)

Any advice on how to find out more? I feel like it isn't solvable if you have long distance transport that takes longer than a month (we are currently in 1870, so no high speed stuff). As Mail / Passengers take more than a month to arrive at their destination, it feels like they aren't counted in correctly.

Would really appreciate any input, thanks in advance!

EDIT: So apparently it was caused by the station ration, a stat which I did not notice in the game before as in vanilla it doesn't seem to matter that much (cities growing anyway).
Last edited by Sonic1305 on 12 Apr 2023 19:01, edited 1 time in total.
samoy20
Engineer
Engineer

Post by samoy20 »

Hi guys.. we started using this game script and was having a great experience...

but we noticed that during the mid game, the enrollment of new towns to monitor stopped working.

we created a new passenger mail route from town 1 to town 2, and wait for 3years.. still we did not see the information whether the yown is growing or not..

we are playing thru a dedicated server and 3 of us are connected.

anything we can do to trigger the town monitoring?
IMG-20230506-WA0012.jpg
IMG-20230506-WA0012.jpg (106.89 KiB) Viewed 3168 times
Firrel
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [GS] Renewed Village Growth 9.3 (RVG)

Post by Firrel »

New update for Renewed Village Growth 9.3 is available in BaNaNaS
- new: Traditional Chinese translation (WenSimEHRP)
- new: OTIS 05 support (lezzano000)
- new: Minimalist Industries support (2TallTyler)
- new: Pikka's Industry Redux Set (PIRS 2022) support (2TallTyler)
- fix: Simplified Chinese translation (WenSimEHRP)
- fix: FIRS 3 Arctic Basic cargo categories (2TallTyler)
- fix: Crash in ECS Town vector discovery
Chico008
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Chico008 »

Hi and Happy New Year

i got a strange situation using this script.
I created a scenario map using this script.
running the scn in solo is ok.

But, running the scn on a dedicated server keeps the game pause (because of script)
example :
dbg: [net] [server] Client #6 (10.33.92.4) joined as XaT
*** Partie toujours suspendue (script de jeu, nombre de joueurs)
*** XaT a lancé une nouvelle compagnie (n° 2)
*** Partie toujours suspendue (script de jeu)

how can i make this script work on a dedicated server ?
in solo when joining a company you have a message window explaining the script, on dedicated, this windows doesn't show up.
daniel_vaneev
Engineer
Engineer

Post by daniel_vaneev »

Hi1
Why are my serviced cities/towns shrinking instead of growing?
FIRS4 + BaseCostsMod
P.S.
I suppose, The city is demolishing old buildings to replace them with larger ones. But script prevents new buildings to appear.
And also I changed script settings during the game. Tried new game with easy settings from the beginning and looks like growing is stable now. But still rather slower than original. I suppose growth speed about once per 180 days limit was meant?
P.P.S. IDK why... I started new game again with easiest settings possible and towns still keep shrinking :( :( :( :( I have fulfilled all requirements, gauge shows "72 days to grow" but population declines
Attachments
2024-02-23_05-10.png
2024-02-23_05-10.png (346.3 KiB) Viewed 508 times
Last edited by daniel_vaneev on 23 Feb 2024 22:20, edited 1 time in total.
Firrel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Firrel »

daniel_vaneev wrote: 23 Feb 2024 01:17 I suppose, The city is demolishing old buildings to replace them with larger ones. But script prevents new buildings to appear.
And also I changed script settings during the game. Tried new game with easy settings from the beginning and looks like growing is stable now. But still rather slower than original. I suppose growth speed about once per 180 days limit was meant?
The game script does not change the default behaviour of building houses, only the frequency at which that occurs. If some tall buildings are replaced by fountains, the population will go down.

Small towns will grow slowly, that is by design. You can see more about the calculations in this PR and tweak it using expert settings described in the readme of the script.
daniel_vaneev
Engineer
Engineer

Post by daniel_vaneev »

Firrel wrote: 23 Feb 2024 21:09
The game script does not change the default behaviour of building houses, only the frequency at which that occurs. If some tall buildings are replaced by fountains, the population will go down.

Small towns will grow slowly, that is by design. You can see more about the calculations in this PR and tweak it using expert settings described in the readme of the script.
Well it looks like script isn't suited well for Settings:World_Generation:Initial_City_Size_Multiplier = 1 plus default town layout. May be I should try to start with bigger towns or use some town GRF
2024-02-24_01-14.png
2024-02-24_01-14.png (222.31 KiB) Viewed 466 times
P.S. After I took this screenshot population dropped to 5 hundred IDK why. Even if I set "Town growth factor" in the script settings to the lowest value, it takes 10-15 years to firmly step over 1k 'barrier' ;( ;( ;(
Samli
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Samli »

I think I found a bug (v9.3):
Setting: rule kicks in 100 population.

I started play with ITI, I decided to transport waste from a town. The rule didnt kick in after 200 population. I placed 2 bus stops and started to transport passengers in the town. The rule immidiately kicked in. After that I removed the passenger service, and the rule was still active. After that I rebuilt the passenger service and stopped waste transporting. The rule was still active. After that, I demolished houses until the town's population decreased below 100 and I removed the passenger service and restarted the waste transporting. The rule didnt kick in again and the town is growing and growing without limit...

After that I tried to transport waste from a town with population over 100 and the result was no town growth (the rule was active). I demolished houses until the town's population decreased below 100. The rule didnt kick in, and the town is growing and growing without limit...
Firrel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Firrel »

Samli wrote: 08 Mar 2024 01:43 I think I found a bug (v9.3):
Setting: rule kicks in 100 population.

I started play with ITI, I decided to transport waste from a town. The rule didnt kick in after 200 population. I placed 2 bus stops and started to transport passengers in the town. The rule immidiately kicked in. After that I removed the passenger service, and the rule was still active. After that I rebuilt the passenger service and stopped waste transporting. The rule was still active. After that, I demolished houses until the town's population decreased below 100 and I removed the passenger service and restarted the waste transporting. The rule didnt kick in again and the town is growing and growing without limit...

After that I tried to transport waste from a town with population over 100 and the result was no town growth (the rule was active). I demolished houses until the town's population decreased below 100. The rule didnt kick in, and the town is growing and growing without limit...
Thank you for the bug repport. Created an issue for it on github and will check it out.

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”