scenario UK v3 (i.e., UK_v3-3.0a4.tar)

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
trainrover
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

scenario UK v3 (i.e., UK_v3-3.0a4.tar)

Post by trainrover »

Attachments
Anglo Anglers, 21st Jan 2399.sav
(4.37 MiB) Downloaded 439 times
trainrover
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: scenario UK v3 (i.e., UK_v3-3.0a4.tar)

Post by trainrover »

About half a dozen flaws (mostly risky ones too) have been lifted, so here I now offer its 'clean' replacement.

download/file.php?mode=view&id=211701&a ... c7eebc2b77

Feedback entertained as always! 🍺
Attachments
Anglo Anglers, 25th Dec 2407.sav
(4.41 MiB) Downloaded 386 times
trainrover
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by trainrover »

continental networks now built, e.g., subways popular around Low Countries:-
Anglo Anglers, 8th Jun 2832.sav
(5.66 MiB) Downloaded 86 times
trainrover
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by trainrover »

Attachments
Anglo Anglers, 8th Jun 2832.png
(1.15 MiB) Not downloaded yet
trainrover
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by trainrover »

Many of the humming cities -- particularly East Anglia ones -- that I had converted by swapping out their supplementary busses with mostly plain subway services brought about their shrinkings (by as much as ⅓), so I'm trying out skip-stop circle-line subway feeders instead by stripping out all if not most bus services, including those that had been feeders. Ely had been the only city that had reached 100K while London's ranking (company town) had sunken to something like the top 20 cities. Anyhow, Ely seems to be on the rebound, Swindon a little bit too, although not so much the rest of the 3rd builds (Armagh, Boston, Peterborough, Lincoln, e.g.). Their empty bus groups remain testaments to their have-been statuses.

I'd depleted my available road vehicles, so other large cities have also had their busses swapped for subways, plus I'm also building more airports. Caen, Derry, and Charleroi--Namur Airport are different, however, in that their subways mirror bus feeders by branching out from their hubs, although I have yet to fully activate their feedings. Norwich is fully switched on, yet its station platforms as opposed to its airport is where crowding seems somewhat problematic.
Attachments
Anglo Anglers, 10th Nov 2902.sav
(5.8 MiB) Downloaded 88 times
trainrover
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by trainrover »

so many tube networks now necessitate their own section within the groups list -- most of the networks skip stops ("SL" [semi-local]) while each of the three networks (lines) around greater Charleroi and Namur skips stops in trios, i.e., each stops every 4th station ("X" [express]); Sligo and Kingston-upon-Hull skip stops in pairs, i.e., each stops every 3rd station ("SX" [semi-express]).

download/file.php?mode=view&id=226225
Attachments
Anglo Anglers, 1st Jul 2929.sav
(5.83 MiB) Downloaded 150 times
FOARP
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FOARP »

Posting just in case this thread is being monitored by anyone: most of the industry that should be on the map (coal mines, vehicle factories, shipyards etc.) in this scenario isn't there. I suspect an update to ECS may have broken things.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

FOARP wrote: 23 Nov 2023 18:08 I suspect an update to ECS may have broken things.
This is 100% correct. Once a scenario is created you can't go around changing NewGRFs without it likely breaking things. For more info see this link: https://is.gd/TTDAddNewGRFs
FOARP
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FOARP »

Oddly the old UK v3 scenario still loads with the industry still there, though all the work done to correct city populations is missing from there. I guess it references an earlier version of ECS or something similar?
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

This is a really old script and I think it has a very old version of ECS. By the way, the ECS industry is very sensitive to any change.
Even if the game tells you that you have a compatible version, it is not guaranteed to work...
I personally looked at the scenario version I have saved and the ECS version is beta only.

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”