Kamnet's Free-for-All Birthday Extravaganza Server

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

kamnet

Kamnet's Free-for-All Birthday Extravaganza Server

Post by kamnet »

On Wednesday, March 31st it's my birthday, and since we're all sitting around self-isolating, it seems like a good time for me to knock something off of my bucket list, and that's to host an OpenTTD game server.

Kamnet's Free-for-All Birthday Extravaganza Server Episode 46!

So, to get started, here's how I'm organizing it.
1. This TT-Forums post will serve for general announcements only.
2. This Discord server will serve for general chat, please don't chat in here. https://discord.gg/t88drUM
3. This Reddit post will serve for threaded discussion/questions, please don't post questions in here. https://www.reddit.com/r/openttd/commen ... ravaganza/

The server goals and gameplay are as follows.
1. This will be a server focused on eyecandy and making stuff look nice. Profit is not the goal.
2. To that end, I'm not modifying costs, instead I will install the Small Man NewGRF with the very profitable object. Use it to print as much money as you want.
3. Server will run JGR Patch Pack 0.45.0
4. Infrastructure Sharing will be enabled, you are highly encouraged to use it.
5. We will be using up the entire 255 NewGRFs. I will include a downloadable .tar file, but many of these may
be repeats of what you already have. Some are on Bananas, some are not.
6. I am looking to host 10 companies with a max of 20 players. Team up with a buddy!
7. Work with each other to share resources (there will be plenty!) and infrastructure .
8. Feel free to be as creative as you wish, but do not be destructive towards other players.
9. Server will go live sometime on Friday, January 21, 2022.
10. Game start date will be 1800! The game will feature lots of trains, ships, aircraft and NRT-enabled vehicles, along with your favorites.
11. Industry will be VOTED ON IN THE NEAR FUTURE
12. No AIs, GameScript will be Eternal Love, which will reset your town rating to "Excellent" every 7 days, just in case you get in trouble.
13. Daylength will be enabled, not sure what I'm setting it at yet. Expect for nice, slow gameplay where you get plenty of time to build.
kamnet

Re: Kamnet's Free-for-All Birthday Extravaganza Server

Post by kamnet »

Hey so we're gonna do this again! We're gonna get started a little earlier.

Return to “General OpenTTD”