Coal Ridge Scenario

Got a nice scenario or saved game for Locomotion? Post it here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

glenjimen
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Coal Ridge Scenario

Post by glenjimen »

Wow. You run a very complicated railroad. I'm really not sure what all the track and stations at the summit (Steel Works) are for. Same with the Coal and Iron Ore loader. Do you build stations that are more wide (many adjacent tracks) than long? I have always preferred longer stations with only two or three tracks wide for faster loading. I guess what you build is more prototypical (more realistic). Real railroads have yards with more tracks. In locomotion I have always favored a more simplistic design, that runs very efficiently. So I had long trains on dedicated routes traveling as quick as I could. Uphill, it wasn't very quick. :-) Also, I pretty much ignored passenger traffic.

I like the eye-candy. All your roads, bridges and other scenery. Somehow I never thought to put the Flyover bridge on top of the steel girder bridge. Looks cool! You built a good railroad on very tricky terrain.

Thanks for playing my scenario!
Visit the Directory --> Loco-Dat-Directory
Lighthouse
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: ´s-Hertogenbosch (AKA "The Duke´s Forest") , the Netherlands

Post by Lighthouse »

glenjimen wrote: 14 May 2020 01:45 Wow. You run a very complicated railroad. I'm really not sure what all the track and stations at the summit (Steel Works) are for. Same with the Coal and Iron Ore loader. Do you build stations that are more wide (many adjacent tracks) than long? I have always preferred longer stations with only two or three tracks wide for faster loading. I guess what you build is more prototypical (more realistic). Real railroads have yards with more tracks. In locomotion I have always favored a more simplistic design, that runs very efficiently. So I had long trains on dedicated routes traveling as quick as I could. Uphill, it wasn't very quick. :-) Also, I pretty much ignored passenger traffic.

I like the eye-candy. All your roads, bridges and other scenery. Somehow I never thought to put the Flyover bridge on top of the steel girder bridge. Looks cool! You built a good railroad on very tricky terrain.

Thanks for playing my scenario!
thx it was fun to play with.

I like to put the tracks more or less in a realistic way.
The loop at the summit is for steel trains so they do not clog up the main supply line with coal & ore. it used to be only double track, i later added a third one. and also with the third line i re-routed some of the lines to a more flat detour, some of the old track is still there for fun.
the coal and iron ore loader was a thing i tried to double the steel and ore when i arrived at the summit just before it entered the steel factory, but no success in that. i left them there and later builded a second unloading station.
when i have the money i try to build it nice if possible, add bridges, roads, trees etc. I also came up with the steelgirder and concrete bridge combo when experimenting. I also spended millions on landscaping, slopes and raising or lowering land so it looks natural.
The only thing that is not very successful in the wireless version : Bungee Jumping 8o
Just fold at the dotted line and cut it out with a pair of scissors. If you are under the age of 16 please ask one of your parents or an adult supervisor if she/he can help you.
Image........................................................................................
ImageImage
luk3Z
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by luk3Z »

Which tool can be used to check what objects are missing ?
Solved: Locomotion Scenario & Savegame Analyzer (at last)

I've used LocoMod_02 but it isn't working for scenario files.

Coal Ridge - ModFree.SC5:

Missing object data ID: SNDP40HO (looks like some sounds)
List of all used obj packs for "ModFree" would be appreciated.
Find new graphics easier:
GRFCrawler -> http://grfcrawler.tt-forums.net
BaNaNaS -> https://bananas.openttd.org/
32 bit gfx in OTTD (32bpp) -> https://wiki.openttd.org/en/Community/N ... 20graphics
TTDPatch 2.6 -> viewtopic.php?f=19&t=67694
How to subtract tax from income (workaround) -> viewtopic.php?t=89763&start=20
How to ban distance from income -> Simple Cargo Decay Override
Lighthouse
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: ´s-Hertogenbosch (AKA "The Duke´s Forest") , the Netherlands

Post by Lighthouse »

I found this document on my pc maybe it can help you.
There are some 'empty' soundfiles on first page. Maybe you can use them

This read me is for the replacement Freight sound, but, it will also apply to several other sets as new sounds are updated.

If you are playing a game and You will hear the the wrong sound played (Usually a jet engine). Don't worry, You can fix it Yourself.

**** The cause! ******
Once a sound for a vehicle in LoMo has been modified or changed*, any save game or scenario that contains that vehicle will have the wrong data. The result of the data being wrong will result in the game getting confused and playing the first sound it finds. Usually a jet engine.

****How To fix this bug yourself*****

**For scenarios**

For scenarios that were made before object with the new sound was made, Open the scenario in the LoMo Scenario editor. Usually you have to hit the "up folder icon" to find the scenario. Once You opened the Scenario, you have to go to vehicle selection, Then uncheck and recheck the Vehicle that is problematic. If you are unsure, it wont hurt to just recheck all items, Once You have done that. save the scenario. now you can play it with the updated sounds.
*note this is alway a good idea for any scenario that is older that uses the US set as the set is constantly changing.

**For Save games**

For save games that were made with an older version of the Vehicle, You will need to get the tool called "LocoMod". Start up locomod and open the save game you wish to fix. Go to the "Objdata" tab, Look at the "vehicles" section. Once you are there, scroll down the list looking at all of the checked vehicles. for each checked Vehicle, look in the window on the mid-Right called "Uses". If you see any sounds that are not checked, you need to go add them the the save game in the "sounds" section.

Once you have updated the missing sounds, Save the save game and load it up on LoMo, Problem fixed!

*the sound internal ID is changed
The only thing that is not very successful in the wireless version : Bungee Jumping 8o
Just fold at the dotted line and cut it out with a pair of scissors. If you are under the age of 16 please ask one of your parents or an adult supervisor if she/he can help you.
Image........................................................................................
ImageImage
lrac000
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lrac000 »

This was a great map! I finished the mod free one after a bit over 36 years but I did add my own mods (including no-breakdown). The only thing I would change is move the factories further from the towns because the towns ate them. (I used that to my advantage because I had a route picking up goods and dropping off goods in both directions between the factories). It was pretty crazy having the steel mill produce 2 steel for every coal OR iron ore. Overall it is a great and challenging map!
Attachments
Here is a view of all of my train lines.
Here is a view of all of my train lines.
MAP.png (119.16 KiB) Viewed 2846 times
Finished!
Finished!
Win!.png (6.7 KiB) Viewed 3692 times

Return to “Locomotion Scenarios and Saved Games”