Food Processing Plant Error

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Amster
Engineer
Engineer

Food Processing Plant Error

Post by Amster » 09 Jun 2019 16:45

Hi,

After some years my Food Processing Plant stopped producing food even though it has a ample of maize and fruit available in the station to collect from. Is this anything related to the rating shown in the station regarding the food or it is bug. My current Food Rating shown is Very Poor

Any help is really appreciated.

_dp_
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Food Processing Plant Error

Post by _dp_ » 09 Jun 2019 16:49

Industries do not collect cargo from stations, you need to load said cargo into a vehicle and unload it on a station within acceptance range of the industry. If instead of going to the industry cargo shows up in station stockpile then you're not unloading it properly.

Amster
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Amster » 10 Jun 2019 14:50

I think I couldn't explain the problem ,

The station where I was unloading my cargo was in proximity to the food processing plant(FPP) and the FPP was producing food and dumping it into the station automatically . It reached a peak of 200 tonnes a month but after some years it suddenly stopped producing any food. In fact all other FPP which were present on the map and which I tried to connect were also were not producing anything .

jfs
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by jfs » 10 Jun 2019 17:10

So vehicles were arriving at the station, unloading maize and fruit, you are paid for the delivery (not just in fake "transfer credits" but income actually appearing on your financial statement), it does not pile up on the destination station, but the industry still does not produce anything?

I think you'll need to post your savegame or at least some screenshots to get better answers.

Amster
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Amster » 10 Jun 2019 17:24

Here is the screenshot of the year when FPP was producing food.
error1.png
(443.06 KiB) Not downloaded yet
After some years the FPP stopped producing food.
error2.png
(416.53 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left » 10 Jun 2019 18:52

Are your vehicles correctly unloading their goods? The + sign seems to indicate the goods were given to the station, rather than the industry as if they are waiting there to be transferred / picked up by another vehicle or train. Ensure your vehicles are unloading and not transferring.
Worst Behaved IRC Member of 2008, 2009 & 2010 - Go Me!

Amster
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Amster » 11 Jun 2019 15:09

Redirect Left wrote:
10 Jun 2019 18:52
Are your vehicles correctly unloading their goods? The + sign seems to indicate the goods were given to the station, rather than the industry as if they are waiting there to be transferred / picked up by another vehicle or train. Ensure your vehicles are unloading and not transferring.
Hi unload all did the trick. I was transferring the goods to the station initially. But it is quite strange that while I was transferring the goods the FPP was producing the food. Anyways thanks for the help. Need to know a lot in the game though.

Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left » 11 Jun 2019 15:13

I'm not sure why it was working beforehand, unless you originally had vehicles that were correctly loading and unloading, then made others with different instructions and eventually all got replaced with that kind.

If there is a + next to an item in the cargo list of a station, it is there as part of a transfer rather than originating there, so if that appears unexpectedly it is always worth looking to ensure instructions are correct
Worst Behaved IRC Member of 2008, 2009 & 2010 - Go Me!

Amster
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Amster » 11 Jun 2019 16:27

Redirect Left wrote:
11 Jun 2019 15:13
I'm not sure why it was working beforehand, unless you originally had vehicles that were correctly loading and unloading, then made others with different instructions and eventually all got replaced with that kind.

If there is a + next to an item in the cargo list of a station, it is there as part of a transfer rather than originating there, so if that appears unexpectedly it is always worth looking to ensure instructions are correct
Yeah you are correct otherwise it gets a bit confusing.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”