AI Stealing all cargo

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Spad
Engineer
Engineer

AI Stealing all cargo

Post by Spad »

I'm not sure if this is a bug or whether it's intended, but every time an AI player mirrors one of my routes, they immediately seem to get the vast majority of cargo from that industry, even if I've had a long established and efficient route.

Essentially it means that as soon as an AI player manages to build a competing route, you have to abandon yours because it becomes totally unprofitable.
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Because the AI is so stupid, it has certain advanteages. For example demolishing raising/lowering ground does not give him penalties at the offending town. Also his ratings at station at the same service level as yours are higher.

Since most cargo goes to the highest rated station for that cargo, he is 'stealing' all your goods. You have to either abandon your station, step up service, or convince the town council that you are better (advertisement campaigns, exclusive transport rights, etc.)
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”