Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:19 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:29 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Is it possible to have a version of TTD in the future running in gadgets or consoles like nintendo switch?
my question is because i see versions of minecraft and pokemon quest for almost every device, so i think it is possible to reach one day but idk how difficult is this challenge.
thank you

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:31 pm 
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

There's a version of OpenTTD for Android devices.

"I like to think that my arrogance, impetuosity, impatience, selfishness and greed are the qualities that make me the lovable chap I am." - Richard Hammond

"I like luxury. It’s the new performance." - James May

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:26 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

m_lemmi wrote:
Is it possible to have a version of TTD in the future running in gadgets or consoles like nintendo switch?
my question is because i see versions of minecraft and pokemon quest for almost every device, so i think it is possible to reach one day but idk how difficult is this challenge.
thank you
There is a discussion here re TTD as an app.
I don't think that it is exactly what you are looking for.
The issue with TTD is that it is proprietary and it can only be ported by the license holder (Chris Sawyer).

Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2015 - Tied May 2016 - January 2018 - December 2018

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:15 am 

wallyweb wrote:
m_lemmi wrote:
thank you
There is a discussion here re TTD as an app.
I don't think that it is exactly what you are looking for.
The issue with TTD is that it is proprietary and it can only be ported by the license holder (Chris Sawyer).

And, to that end, Chris Sawyer already released Transport Tycoon on Android and iOS 5 years ago. But it isn't a direct port of the original Transport Tycoon or Transport Tycoon Deluxe, but what he considers to be it's "spiritual successor", Locomotion.

Base Music Sets: OpenMSX | Scott Joplin Anthology | Traditional Winter Holiday Music | Modern Motion Music
Other Projects: 2CC Trams | Modern Waypoints | Sprite Sandbox & NewGRF Releases | Ideabox | Town Names | Isle of Sodor Scenario | Random Sprite Repository
Misc Topics: My Screenshots | Forgotten NewGRFs | Unfinished Graphics Sets | Stats Shack | RoadTypes?