Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Fri May 24, 2019 2:07 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:24 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Hello everyone!

I'm sorry that the old theme was a little informative.
Updated new theme to be clear and more informative

We know that development NRT. Details here:NotRoadTypes
Decided to create new sets using NML.
U&ReRMM - simplified railway sets with the new graphics.
U&RaTT - various road sets (from field road to highway) and tram tracks

Will post a few pictures:
Is it interesting? Not finished yet!

Road and tram supports in climate: ARCTIC, TROPIC and DESERT
ARCTIC CLIMAT
ALPINE CLIMAT (OpenGFX-Landscape)

And I wanted you road sets depending on the year. For example not want see in game where the 1900 and before be asphalt roads, and 2000 and later - a dirt roads.
I know that you are not interested in independently all the cities to upgrade the road.
Decided to finalize only the Basic road
Now the Basic road is automatically updated depending on the year:
For example, the road is automatically updated, not I manually update.
How do you do it? Try to test :wink:
Now you can play not only in a single game and in a multiplayer game (I checked myself, no problem and no "Reboot required")
And then the station, the one way, the trees and the tunnel finished
And settings
U&ReRMM
Parametr:
Fences: no fences/original
U&RaTT
Parametr:
Graphic mode: TTD/OpenGFX(includes OpenGFX-Landscape Alpine)
Electrified road: Off/On (off electrified road that is always on urban asphalt road with light)
Tram track: Off/On
Electrified tram track: Off/On

Connect newGRF: U&RaTT, You need to download here https://www.openttd.org/en/download-ratt

That's it! :D

Download the kits!Good luck

Attachments:
U_ReRMM.grf [388.12 KiB]
Downloaded 240 times
U_RaTT.grf [1.11 MiB]
Downloaded 257 times

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:40 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

U&RaTT Added parametr
Heavy hauling road: Off/On
Heavy road you can drive on dirt, gravel, concrete and asphalt road. It is forbidden to drive on the field road, basic road, urban road and highway. :?:

Supports with kits HEQS(ratt)

Please answer if you have any questions

Sorry I'm not good with English. Use with translate :oops:

Attachments:
U_RaTT.grf [1.11 MiB]
Downloaded 108 times

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:24 pm 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Hello

Looks nice. I hope to see RATT on it's way to OpenTTD trunk/master within a medium time. One question. You say:

ufiby wrote:
For example not want see in game where the 1900 and before be asphalt roads, and 2000 and later - a dirt roads.

Does that mean, that a player is not able to build dirt roads after the year 2000? I like the idea to build a street connection between a mine and a railway freight hub with only a kind of dirt road, where "normal" busses and lorries can't run on, independent from the game year.

Tschö, Auge

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:36 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Quote:
Does that mean, that a player is not able to build dirt roads after the year 2000? I like the idea to build a street connection between a mine and a railway freight hub with only a kind of dirt road, where "normal" busses and lorries can't run on, independent from the game year.

I don't turn off the dirt road after 2000, it's a separate road. The basic road changes depending on the year

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:41 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Whoaaa !
Man, really, this is an awesome NewGRF. I love urban roads and trams, at least they allow having concrete on the roads anyway !
I love the depot graphics, they're really well done.

My screenshots

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:09 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

I downloaded all of this and checked in game. It looks very beautiful and great. I will now apply all these types of roads in the game. Well thought out and done, ufiby :)) .
And I also really liked the depot graphics. And thank you for the translation into Russian. Abruptly :D .

If I will find any buges and graphic mistakes, I will write in this theme.

You can also add converted bridges for road types, any road objects as in the Dutch Road Furniture set :wink: .

Regards, STD.

My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:08 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Hey. Looks cool so far, and is a great idea.
Also you seem to have changed some of the Roadvehicle Stations in your screenshots, that isn't possible as of my knowledge. Other thing is: do I need any patches to get different types of road or tram track?
Just one thing that I just noticed. On BaNaNaS you named the GRF with a "tm" at the end. Back in November 2018 these UTF-8 Characters caused some issues with BaNaNaS like its possibly doing now. Everytime anyone wants to upload something to BaNaNaS they will get a "Unhandled Exception". I know you can't edit the name yourself, I just wanted to point this out to you. Maybe try not to use non-UTF-8 characters anymore until it's fully compatible.
Read more on the GitHub Issue: https://github.com/OpenTTD/OpenTTD/issues/6967

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:26 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Quote:
Just one thing that I just noticed. On BaNaNaS you named the GRF with a "tm" at the end. Back in November 2018 these UTF-8 Characters caused some issues with BaNaNaS like its possibly doing now. Everytime anyone wants to upload something to BaNaNaS they will get a "Unhandled Exception". I know you can't edit the name yourself, I just wanted to point this out to you. Maybe try not to use non-UTF-8 characters anymore until it's fully compatible.
Read more on the GitHub Issue: https://github.com/OpenTTD/OpenTTD/issues/6967

Ok. Soon fix that, to remove the symbol "™"

Quote:
Other thing is: do I need any patches to get different types of road or tram track?

Here

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:05 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

please be aware that openttd-ratt is no longer available through the site. this mod cannot run without it. if you know the fix please let me know

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:03 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Hello Ubify, and thank you for the amazing work with your graphics. They are amazing.

Besides the amazing work i got an error with U&RaTT NewGRF:

Code:
A fatal newGRF has occured: Unknown Action 0 property 0x16(sprite7)

I only have both your newgrf's inside for testing. Tested with both original and GFX graphics on nightly 06.02.2019.

Thank you once again for the amazing work, and by the way do you need the translation of your newgrf in portuguese? I would be glad to do so.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:17 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

vesgo wrote:
Hello Ubify, and thank you for the amazing work with your graphics. They are amazing.

Code:

I only have both your newgrf's inside for testing. Tested with both original and GFX graphics on nightly 06.02.2019.

Thank you once again for the amazing work, and by the way do you need the translation of your newgrf in portuguese? I would be glad to do so.

I have the same problem :(

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:45 am 
Engineer
Engineer

vesgo wrote:

Code:

same here please see my msg above... this mod will only work on openttd-ratt which i cant find anything on that is recent. last version of openttd-ratt that i can find is 1.6.1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:15 am 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Hello
vesgo wrote:

Code:

As stated in the opening posting this GRF will only work with a NRT-build (NRT: Not Road Type) and not with the "normal" OpenTTD because NRT is currently not part of OpenTTD.

Read in the NRT-thread for details.

Tschö Auge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:13 pm 
Director
Director

Apparently NRT/RATT is just being moved to a new host. It'll be ready soon enough.

You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:46 pm 
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

SimYouLater wrote:
Apparently NRT/RATT is just being moved to a new host. It'll be ready soon enough.

That is not the case, that link is tracking current development of NRT. It does not refer to "a new host" and does not mean pre-built binaries are being made.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:55 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

camvar97 wrote:
please be aware that openttd-ratt is no longer available through the site. this mod cannot run without it. if you know the fix please let me know

NRT is allso a part of the Joker patch , which can be downloaded at his youtube video, though the video itself seems outdated the patch seems to be in sync with openttd 1.8.0

link to jokers youtube video

=========================
This is exactly the kind of tram track graphics I was hoping for and more, thank you for making these.

One recommendation regarding the parameter settings though, by default unelectrified tram tracks are turned off, this mode is very buggy though; 1 type of unelectrified tramtrack is still available, has no speedlimit but looks like the slowest electrified track and perhaps most importantly it is not visually drawn over roads.
This had me very confused for a while if your newgrf was broken, untill I looked in the paramaters.

I would recommed turning different unelectrified tracks ON by default because that mode has no bugs and I think the type of player that plays NRT doesnt really mind the longer track type drop down menu, and they can still reduce it if they really want to by changing the parameter.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:31 am 
Director
Director

peter1138 wrote:
SimYouLater wrote:

That is not the case, that link is tracking current development of NRT. It does not refer to "a new host" and does not mean pre-built binaries are being made.

andythenorth wrote:
kamnet wrote:
This page is no longer found. Was this meant to be taken down, or an accident after the recent upgrades to the website and compile farm?

It's a side effect of the move to the new compile farm. The NRT fork is not currently built by the farm.

I don't know if the old binaries are still there on the mirrors, it's plausible that they are and we might be able to find the links to them, but I don't know if that will get done.

Meanwhile, keep an eye on https://github.com/OpenTTD/OpenTTD/pull/6811

You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:43 am 
Engineer
Engineer

Hi there!
I do not know what is missing OpenTTD Ratt
Don't worry. I have an archive Here

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:43 am 
Director
Director

ufiby wrote:
Hi there!

Is there a chance that you would release the rails under GPL v2?

If not, can you please make this set have a compatibility mode for using it with AuzTracks?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:20 am 
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Don't forget to draw and include your custom toolbar icons. This looks a bit bland:

EDIT planetmaker: I split some off-topic discussion of the GUI and these sprites to viewtopic.php?f=26&t=84957

Last edited by planetmaker on Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.