[AI] RailwAI

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

uzurpator
Transport Empire Moderator

Re: [AI] RailwAI

Post by uzurpator »

RailwAI has trouble replacing some trains and has some very weird equipment choices - like three locomotives in a row for small trains even on fairly flat routes.
Attachments
replacement.PNG
(135.57 KiB) Not downloaded yet
eqip.PNG
eqip.PNG (110.97 KiB) Viewed 2222 times
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
RailwAI
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RailwAI »

TTDManager689 wrote: 30 Oct 2023 20:51 Hello, this is my first time to report the issue.

I've just noticed a issue on a AI on trying to build a tram network.
It seem once building a tram route it hasn't succeeded every time it did that even when installing Newgrfs with trams included.

The example as seen on the attachments below the script tells me the following issue:

No path found :-( at 183469
result: false
Something went wrong while executing a plan. Undoing...

ERR_NONE
Idea could not be executed

While I'm trying to find a solution I wonder if it is a bug otherwise is there any solution I should try? Thanks for reading!
Thank you for reporting this bug. It seems RailwAI has some troubles using tramways in cities and I'll start looking into this.
RailwAI
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RailwAI »

uzurpator wrote: 08 Nov 2023 18:40 RailwAI has trouble replacing some trains and has some very weird equipment choices - like three locomotives in a row for small trains even on fairly flat routes.
Do you have a savegame for me available? From a screenshot I can't determine why the choices were made (game settings, NewGRFs, ...). For now, RailwAI doesn't take into account whether a line has a lot of slopes or not. It could be intended behaviour here: sometimes trains are assigned an extra locomotive.
uzurpator

Post by uzurpator »

I did some testing and this behavior seems to be connected to the weight multiplier for freight trains. On stock game setting it to 5 will make RailwAI happily run three locomotives and six wagons on even the flattest routes. Whatever power / weight ratio it tries to achieve, it tends to produce weird results for weaker locomotives.
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”