[patch] Realistic Train Shunting

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [patch] Realistic Train Shunting

Post by ChillCore »

Code: Select all

Crash reason:
Exception: E1212012
Message: Assertion failed at line 134 of c:/github/OpenTTD-YPS/src/newgrf.cpp: feature < GSF_END
Pretty sure this is the issue as two peeps reported almost the same crashlog 8 months apart with no updates inbetween ...
What hapens if you do not use those NewGRF?

also ... ROFLOL Eddi, almost dropped my crystall ball .. again xD
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

dunno what you mean. i gave him a "probably", he replied with a "maybe", and i replied with another "maybe" that is about equally likely
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

patrik.kolibal wrote: 23 Nov 2021 06:14 Hi, maybe it's because I'm playing it on a laptop that's not very powerful. :?
For a less sarcastic answer, no it's not because your machine is slow. Unless you're playing on a 20 years old Windows XP computer with 256 MB RAM and a way too small harddrive (causing it to run out of memory), then being slow and underspecced will not make the game unstable or crash. It will make the game run slow and hitch, but not error.
patrik.kolibal
Engineer
Engineer

Post by patrik.kolibal »

jfs wrote: 23 Nov 2021 14:08
patrik.kolibal wrote: 23 Nov 2021 06:14 Hi, maybe it's because I'm playing it on a laptop that's not very powerful. :?
For a less sarcastic answer, no it's not because your machine is slow. Unless you're playing on a 20 years old Windows XP computer with 256 MB RAM and a way too small harddrive (causing it to run out of memory), then being slow and underspecced will not make the game unstable or crash. It will make the game run slow and hitch, but not error.
Ok
ColonelThunderbird
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ColonelThunderbird »

Morning all!

I hope this thread isn't considered too old to reawaken.

I've recently discovered Joker's multi-aspect signals GRF and immediately thought of this patch.

Unfortunately, it would seem that the shunting signals specifically won't show up because the patch needs to support them. Joker themselves suggests JGR v0.48.0 or later.

Is there any way I can manually add the desired functionality, or does it require Karn to make the adjustments to their own patch? If the latter, I'd assume this isn't happening given we haven't seen Karn since January 2021... (I get it by the way, real life is more important!)

Thanks in advance.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

ColonelThunderbird wrote: 07 Aug 2022 06:23 Is there any way I can manually add the desired functionality ...
If Karn were available to do this, he would have to rebase his code every time JGR upgraded jgrpp.
The best (only?) solution would be for JGR to merge this feature into jgrpp.
praha7
Engineer
Engineer

Post by praha7 »

hey. so after not playing for a certain amount of time my "hotbar/tools" disapeard. It shows that the sprites value is zero or that it does not exits. Can anyone help with that. Re-instaling also didnt help
HST125
Engineer
Engineer

Post by HST125 »

Would this work with mobile?
Wreckit
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Wreckit »

I'm sure Karn will eventually return to this project.

As someone who uses cargodist, the universal orders is highly awaited. But quick thought on how to possibly implement this. I have only just downloaded this too so will get my head round it more.

But would having auto groups creation help with tbe orders. So for eg carriages get placed in platform. ( default is load any cargo)
Or option load (train group) so that you could load waggons for Pacific destinations?
When recouping you could then loco couple to by waggons awaiting a certain group loco. Allowing for a more complicated yard or terminus style?
Walter Novotny
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Walter Novotny »

Wreckit wrote: 27 Feb 2023 15:50 I'm sure Karn will eventually return to this project.

As someone who uses cargodist, the universal orders is highly awaited. But quick thought on how to possibly implement this. I have only just downloaded this too so will get my head round it more.

But would having auto groups creation help with tbe orders. So for eg carriages get placed in platform. ( default is load any cargo)
Or option load (train group) so that you could load waggons for Pacific destinations?
When recouping you could then loco couple to by waggons awaiting a certain group loco. Allowing for a more complicated yard or terminus style?
Unfortunately, Karn has not entered the forum since January 8, 2021. If we want to wait for such a patch to be completed, someone has to make a new one with similar capabilities or take over this one (if copyright allows it). I don't see any other solution.
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

kamnet wrote: 13 Mar 2023 02:53 Or, just send an email to Karn and ask. :)
I am not really certain, but I believe that such contactinformation is only shown after you have posted a certain amount of messages.
As Walter has only posted twice, it may be possible that he has not gotten that option yet...
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
Walter Novotny
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Walter Novotny »

kamnet wrote: 13 Mar 2023 02:53 Or, just send an email to Karn and ask. :)
To this day I have not received a reply to the e-mail. Is Karn more absent?
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
Walter Novotny wrote: 12 Mar 2023 21:20 Unfortunately, Karn has not entered the forum since January 8, 2021. If we want to wait for such a patch to be completed, someone has to make a new one with similar capabilities or take over this one (if copyright allows it). I don't see any other solution.
The code is available on Github (link in the first posting of this thread) and because it is a patch for a GPL2-licensed project, it is also available under this specific license.

Tschö, Auge
Walter Novotny
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Walter Novotny »

I wish someone would finish this project. Implementing rail maneuvers will give us amazing opportunities to create even more realistic timetables.
Revenge_of_KioTheDev
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Revenge_of_KioTheDev »

Walter Novotny wrote: 30 May 2023 18:45 I wish someone would finish this project. Implementing rail maneuvers will give us amazing opportunities to create even more realistic timetables.
yes would also like see this in ttd

Return to “OpenTTD Development”