Even though Corona hit the world and put many folks into quarantine and forced vacations, real life for me has been busier than ever.
But I do think now is the best time to do a release, as the new content is quite big, even though there are some small shortcomings.
the change log:
- 11 new vans and light trucks / mini buses
- 5 new medium duty trucks
- 3 new buses plus 2 buses redrawn, having seats for up to 40 passengers each
- 4 new farming tractors
- 9 new and redrawn tracked tractors (this time in full 2x zoom sprites) for heavy duty
- 6 new farming tractors with articulated steering for heavy duty
- new trailer and cargo graphics in full 2x zoom
- experimental 1x zoom graphics for some vehicles (cars, vans)
- support for RATT and AuzRATT roadtype sets
- support for fording (needs Water Way roadtype set)
- reordered basic and additional vehicles
- two modes for roadtype support of vehicles: a) narrow roadtype support, b) broad roadtype support albeit with reduced driving speed
- better smoke effects
- adaptable additional vehicle info
- no unnecessary entries in the road building menu
- custom vehicle sounds
The current featured on and off road vehicles are:
For a full list of vehicles refer to the first posting!
- full set of passenger cars and station wagons for light transports from the 1930s up to 2010
- full set of small pickup trucks for express deliveries from the 1930s up to the 2020s
- full set of vans from the 1960s up to the 1990s
- full set of mini buses from the 1920s up to the late 1990s
- set of country and small city buses from the 1930s up to the 1990s
- full set of medium duty trucks from the 1930s up to the 2000s
- full set of light multifunctional trucks from the 1940s until the 2010s
- full set of farming tractors for heavy hauling from the 1930s until 2030, including tracked and futuristic fictional vehicles
Known issues are:
- not good looking 1x zoom graphics
- alignment of sprites is a bit off due to different width and height of vehicles
- smoke effect of 2 stroke gasoline engine looks funny, therefore disabled via parameter
The next release (v.0.4) may see:
- code restructure to make use of the C pre processor
- better (or worse) 1x zoom graphics
- full set of heavy duty trucks
- more buses
- more futuristic vehicles...
- country flags?
Find the download and sources below.
If you have any bugs or inconsistencies to report, recommendations for nicer game play to make or thoughts or feature requests to share, please take the time to write and tell me
If everything is alright, I'm gonna push it to Bananas in the following weeks
PS: according to my planned vehicle list this set is now 81% complete
Edit: below you find a minor bugfix release, v. 0.3.1