V4 CEE Train Set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: V4 CEE Train Set

Post by Wahazar »

spajdy wrote: 27 Jun 2021 16:16 I've noticed that 55E Skoda Bo'Bo' and 69E Skoda Bo'Bo' are available on 15kV AC but in reality, those locos are able to operate only on 3 kV DC and 25 AC. Was that made as a decision or is this some kind of mistake?
I decided to make some simplifications, thus all multisystem engines are fully universal (3, 15 and 25 kV) no matter of what prototypes are.
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

McZapkie wrote: 27 Jun 2021 19:11 I decided to make some simplifications, thus all multisystem engines are fully universal (3, 15 and 25 kV) no matter of what prototypes are.
I get it, but it was bugging me. I know it is possible to do it properly, but it is annoying as f.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

You can find what I am planning next, or doing right now right in my developer diary.
Slovakia | lang : slovak | english

SLOVAK DISCORD SERVER I (and others Slovak and Czech creators) write there in Slovak about what I (ot they are) am planning. This invitation is valid for 100 users.
It is alive and well. :)
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Version 7980 published.
Despite of bug fixes, new locomotives and more flexible track types definition (now possible to use external non-standard track types like broad gauge, 25kV catenary etc), custom semaphores and light signals are defined, separate for non-electrified and 3kV DC tracks, 15kV AC tracks (DR/DB style), 25kV AC tracks (CSD style) and broad gauge (USSR style).
In case of JGRPP, programmed signals have additional black display as indicator of existing program.
Multi-asspect signals are also supported, if appropriate newgrf setting is switched on and realistic braking patch is enabled.

Here are examples of normal gauge tracks with semaphores and signals:

Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

WoW, that is cool!
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

You can find what I am planning next, or doing right now right in my developer diary.
Slovakia | lang : slovak | english

SLOVAK DISCORD SERVER I (and others Slovak and Czech creators) write there in Slovak about what I (ot they are) am planning. This invitation is valid for 100 users.
It is alive and well. :)
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

New version uploaded.
New vehicles: modern ST48 diesel, futuristic Hydrail railbus, some semaphores and railtypes fixes.
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Brickblock1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Brickblock1 »

I Noticed that your trains wont run like intended on tracks other than your own. I Believe this is the source of the issue:

Code: Select all

#define SET_TRACK_TYPE if (param_custom_tracks) {\
 item(FEAT_TRAINS, ITEM ) {\
  property {\
   track_type: SAAa;\
  }\
 }\
} 

#define CURRENT_TRACK_TYPE ELRL
It would be great if you could use the railtype table as a fallback so that for example SAAA vehicles will use elrl if SAAA is not available.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

But it is only in case of native track set enabled. Trains should go on any tracks if this option is turned off. I hope so :)
Brickblock1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Brickblock1 »

Wahazar wrote: 09 May 2022 09:04 But it is only in case of native track set enabled. Trains should go on any tracks if this option is turned off. I hope so :)
Yes that is what happens so which is not very good if the player wants to use another trackset that uses multiple voltages. Then all electrics will use elrl and the type of electrification won't mater.
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Brickblock1 wrote: 09 May 2022 14:20 Yes that is what happens so which is not very good if the player wants to use another trackset that uses multiple voltages. Then all electrics will use elrl and the type of electrification won't mater.
Is the case that you want to use V4 tracks *and* additional railtype grf(s) together?
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

andythenorth wrote: 09 May 2022 18:06
Brickblock1 wrote: 09 May 2022 14:20 Yes that is what happens so which is not very good if the player wants to use another trackset that uses multiple voltages. Then all electrics will use elrl and the type of electrification won't mater.
Is the case that you want to use V4 tracks *and* additional railtype grf(s) together?
I doubt it is good idea to mix two track sets.
Brickblock1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Brickblock1 »

andythenorth wrote: 09 May 2022 18:06
No i wanted to run the v4 trains on an other trackset but the vehicles will only use elrl then and that means i can't use all features of the trains.
Brickblock1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Brickblock1 »

andythenorth wrote: 10 May 2022 06:00 Perhaps a case for this var?

railtype_available()
I believe it is easier to raplace ELRL with 15kvAC and place this in the railtypetable.

15kvAC: [SAAa, SAAA, ELRL]
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Honestly, I didn't tested V4 with external railtypes supporting different voltages, I will give a look.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Version 8222 uploaded to Bananas.
Custom rail type is now chosen by checking railtype_available instead of param_custom_tracks setting.
I checked with some third-party tracksets, it works somewhat, for example if 25 kV track is defined as SAAD, V4 25kV locomotives will go on that track.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

I can't send MU trains.
It keeps telling me that they need at least three cars, but a train with ten cars won't even leave.
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

Wahazar wrote: 06 Nov 2021 21:42 Version 7980 published.
Hello,

Have you a standlaone release of your tracks?
I'm working on a french trainset and I need those tracks :
- 1,5 kV DC
- 3 kV DC
- 15 kV AC
- 25 kV AC

Your set currently only lacks 1,5 kV DC and it would avoid me to create my own...
Brickblock1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Brickblock1 »

MagicBuzz wrote: 14 Feb 2023 08:59 Hello,

Have you a standlaone release of your tracks?
I'm working on a french trainset and I need those tracks :
- 1,5 kV DC
- 3 kV DC
- 15 kV AC
- 25 kV AC
You could use xussr rails instead:
viewtopic.php?t=90493

edit

or just dissable the trains and then the tracks work anyway.
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

Hello,

Yes, I tried disabling trains and it worked fine. But this set still lack the 1,5kv DC anyway.

I'm trying with USSR trackset. I think it will be more adapted as it currently already contains all the needed voltages (and not useless ones).
But in the other hand this trackset is nicer IMO. I don't like the way the USSR tracks looks like narrow (or I can't setup the set correctly?).
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

xUSSR track are narrow because were drawn realistically, up-to-scale.
Standard (Open)TTD track are much wider than should be if compared to the train size.
But well, whole OpenTTD world is not scaled proportionally.

PS. You can reuse my nml code for tracks to make your custom tracks with 1.5kV system.
Or you can use Belgian track, those have 1.5kV DC and 25kV AC, if I remember correctly.

Return to “Graphics Development”