Translations (every translator should look here)

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Icestorm
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Icestorm »

I can translate to Brazilian-Potuguese!!
Condex
Engineer
Engineer

Galician Translation - Updated 27/07/2004 !!!

Post by Condex »

I was planning on translating to spanish, but someone was faster than me :) . So I will be translating Galician(gl_ES). I know it's not a language used by a lot of people, but I think that translation can be useful

I'll keep you informed... :)

Update: Translation upgraded to 27/07/2004 night build. This time I will upload only the TXT file.

Suggestion: Can you make road vehicle Depot list(where you buy new road vehicles) for toyland scenario wider? It's because translating some names gives a very long string and it does not fit in that box. As example: "Powernaught Cotton Candy Truck" is translated to "Camión de Algodón de Azucre Powernaught". I can shorten it(to something like "Cam. Alg. Azucre Powernaught") but I think that looks better if it's written with full name... 8)

See you,
Condex 8)
Attachments
galician.txt
Updated galician translation
(140.33 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
Last edited by Condex on 28 Jul 2004 17:00, edited 4 times in total.
dominik81
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Galician Translation(gl_ES)

Post by dominik81 »

Condex wrote:I was planning on translating to spanish, but someone was faster than me :) .
I don't think bousseau is done with the trasnslation. You could ask if he needs some help.
"There's a readme that comes with the source. I suggest you read it."
- Korenn
Icestorm
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Icestorm »

I've started the translation to brazillian-portuguese and in a few days, it'll be ready!!!
giss
Engineer
Engineer

Post by giss »

hey everyone, im kind of a n00b here but ive been playing transport tycoon pretty much since it first came out

anyways, my point is.. im swedish, and i could keep the swedish part updated.

over and out.
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

what about italian city names? i can help you!!
juves
Engineer
Engineer

Post by juves »

Havent see any progress in that finnish translation... so i did my own one, its not too good, but still something, to keep you waiting for better ;) if you have some suggestions/typofixes, please contact me. its been realy hard to translate this to finnish and it took some 4 days to complete. impossible to make perfect one :/
Attachments
finnish.txt
Finnish "beta" translation
(124.48 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
stage7
Engineer
Engineer

New member and translation

Post by stage7 »

Hello everyone,

I've translated into Spanish because I don't now how bousseau was doing so I did it myself. It took only 3 days and is still in a previous version (many things may be changed, as lenght of some phrases is a bit long), but (I hope) all the sentences and words have been translated.

No problems with compatibility or symbols have been found as far, so if you find something strange please tell me :)

I modified some strings (always according with the master string) to match with a sensitive use of Spanish, for instance, in English they say "Somewhere Station", and we say "Estación de Cualquiersitio", and instead of "Anywhere Lumber Mill", we say "Molino de Maderos de Algúnlado".

I also tried to apply this order to news reports, changing the order of STRING and CITY variables, but strgen refuses to allow that :wink: However, I could do the same with some other sentences.

I repeat this is a 0.1 and some things have to be changed (status bars of vehicles are too long, and the sentence "Heading to" has to be shortened). But if you have ideas, please tell me :wink:

Greetings,
Stage7
Attachments
spanish01.zip
OpenTTD in Spanish version 0.1
(50.99 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
Aliens ate my railway, and then their UFO crashed into my most profitable train...
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: New member and translation

Post by Darkvater »

stage7 wrote:I also tried to apply this order to news reports, changing the order of STRING and CITY variables, but strgen refuses to allow that :wink: However, I could do the same with some other sentences.
Do NOT change the order of the {...} stuff in the language file. The translator process algorithm is very fragile, and the game will most likely crash if you change the layout, or not even compile!
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Telekoman
Chairman
Chairman

Spanish translation

Post by Telekoman »

well done stage7 you did a great job and you saved me a great load of time :D I've read through your translation and must say that it is really nice although I would change some things which are mistranslated (eg: oil in spanish is petróleo, no aceite de cocinar :wink: ). do you want me to search and correct those mistakes¿?

well i'm going to try it right now.

i'll read it and tell you of more ideas for the translation.
Due to cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
Dribbel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dribbel »

How is the Dutch Translation doing?
I noticed in the opening post that there were some ppl working on it, how s the work going? Need any help! There is now not a Dutch language file in the SVN...
Programmeren is makkelijker als je denkt - Dutch pun
[url=callto://zoekdribbel]Image[/url]
stage7
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Spanish translation

Post by stage7 »

Telekoman wrote:well done stage7 you did a great job and you saved me a great load of time :D I've read through your translation and must say that it is really nice although I would change some things which are mistranslated (eg: oil in spanish is petróleo, no aceite de cocinar :wink: ). do you want me to search and correct those mistakes¿?

well i'm going to try it right now.

i'll read it and tell you of more ideas for the translation.
Many thanks, Telekoman :D I'm glad you found it useful. I know we in Spanish use "petróleo" more than "aceite", but it looked more polite for me, anyway, if you want it to be changed, green light for you :wink: I remember playing Spanish version of original TT and oil rigs and wells produced "litros de aceite" instead of "litros de petróleo", but that depends on how you like it.

Of course, you can help if you want to :)

Spanish translation 0.1.1 is released. It fixes some length errors with phrases like "Construcción de tren de levitación magnética" (it had to be renamed to 'maglev'), but news reports still need to be revised. Although strings order hasn't been restored yet (and I haven't had in-game problems), I plan to do it in version 0.2, so give me time :wink:

Greetings,
Stage7
Attachments
spanish011.zip
This version upgrades some minor lenght problems, awaiting for a total review in the news reports part.
(50.99 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
Aliens ate my railway, and then their UFO crashed into my most profitable train...
Telekoman
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Telekoman »

You are most welcome! well i read thorugh it and found it really good. nice piece of translation still i would lick to change some words or expressions with a more suitable one in spanish. the good news are that not many things are to be changed since you did a clean job. keep on!!

by the way i'm no coder so i got no clue how this goes. how can i get the spa translation to work¿? i placed the .lng file but i'm afraid that more is needed in order to get it working. i think i'll rename it to english.lng and the english original to english-old.lng and see what happens.

well got a pretty long night ahead.

all the best
Due to cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

Telekoman wrote:by the way i'm no coder so i got no clue how this goes. how can i get the spa translation to work¿? i placed the .lng file but i'm afraid that more is needed in order to get it working. i think i'll rename it to english.lng and the english original to english-old.lng and see what happens.

well got a pretty long night ahead.

all the best
OpenTTD will read every *.lng file in the lang folder and it don't care what the * is (hence the windcard)
the only reason it might not work is if the lng file is made with strgen from a different revision than the OTTD binary

It sounds like this translation is getting pretty good. Please tell when you want it added to svn, or better yet, upload it on SF
jotabe
Engineer
Engineer

I want to do Catalan translation

Post by jotabe »

I'd like to do the catalan translation, and following the steps in http://www.openttd.com I tell it to the developers :)
R u here?
I've noticed nobody asked for catalan translation so I supose to get permission. I'll start now, but slowly waiting for developers comment.

Thanks.
dominik81
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: I want to do Catalan translation

Post by dominik81 »

jotabe wrote:I'd like to do the catalan translation, and following the steps in http://www.openttd.com I tell it to the developers :)
No one has started on a catalan translation yet. I'll put you in the list. :)
"There's a readme that comes with the source. I suggest you read it."
- Korenn
Magic_Pixel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Magic_Pixel »

Hello, guys!

I've started work on the Romanian translation. I also got to the point of usuported characters (which you can see visiting the link below:

http://www.secarica.ro/assets/images/un ... irgula.png )

and with some reverse words order problems. But nothing unmanageable, so I should have it ready soon.

I will also provide a list of main towns to be embedded in the code and info about Romanian currency.

Gosh, I've been dreaming of this since I first played TT! :) Yey!
Attachments
unicode_sh_tz_virgula.png
(6.68 KiB) Downloaded 1293 times
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

sorry but i have to write in italian (translation mistake)
ki è quel furbo ke ha tradotto silicon con silicone? silicon = silicio, x favore correggetelo

thanks

(someone has translated silicon with the soft material which is used for "expand" something :roll: )
Magic_Pixel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Magic_Pixel »

Just a quick question. As I said before, some Romanian characters are not supported by OTTD encoding (see: http://www.secarica.ro/assets/images/un ... irgula.png ) The question was: Can I replace/add new character sprites for these 4 Romanian characters? If so, any suggestions how? :p
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

Magic_Pixel wrote:Just a quick question. As I said before, some Romanian characters are not supported by OTTD encoding (see: http://www.secarica.ro/assets/images/un ... irgula.png ) The question was: Can I replace/add new character sprites for these 4 Romanian characters? If so, any suggestions how? :p
it's not possible :(
It will be possible with unicode, but so far nobody have started on unicode support

Return to “General OpenTTD”