North American Passenger Railroads Set - v.0.15 [27 Feb. 2024]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: North American Passenger Railroads Set dev. thread

Post by Tony Pixel »

ConnieC420 wrote: 04 Nov 2019 00:09 Hi... I'm curious about something - is there any way you could add a running cost scale item to this set? Me and a few others are using this for a muliplayer game in addition to NARS but these vehicles are 10x times cheaper than NARS's ones - and can't be balanced.
Yeah, I had recently added a parameter for running costs multiplier, so you will not have discomfort after it will be released. Also, can I ask, is your server open or like, a small secret for some friends?
Image Image
Sprite artist and NewGRF developer, coding in NML. My projects:
NewGRFs: Not Enough Subways Set | North American Passenger Railroads | Elevated Subway Bridge | Tony Pixel's Subway Equipment Set (frozen)
Screenshots: New York City Subway Episodes
ConnieC420
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ConnieC420 »

It's pretty closed - sorry. Thanks A LOT for adding that!
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

ConnieC420 wrote: 04 Nov 2019 06:01 It's pretty closed - sorry. Thanks A LOT for adding that!
No problem :) Also, which engines in Your opinion must be also added to the set?
Image Image
NewGRFs: Not Enough Subways Set | North American Passenger Railroads | Elevated Subway Bridge | Tony Pixel's Subway Equipment Set (frozen)
creeperspider
Engineer
Engineer

Post by creeperspider »

Hello will you add this https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source= ... 2719784973 and other amtrak Rainbow era trains
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

creeperspider wrote: 19 Nov 2019 23:35 Hello will you add this https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source= ... 2719784973 and other amtrak Rainbow era trains
I planned to add ton of liveries after adding a lot of train models. At this moment I'm working on some locos for early XX century, so players can start play sooner. If I will have some free time after that, I will try to draw some of suggested paint schemes.
Also, how's the set being played at the moment?
Image Image
creeperspider
Engineer
Engineer

Post by creeperspider »

BTW i found a site that shows the different Early Amtrak Rainbow era passenger combinations http://www.trainweb.org/mccann/trains33.htm
creeperspider
Engineer
Engineer

Post by creeperspider »

and yes the set is amazing BTW is it possible to post blank Passenger cars or Locomotives for users to Repaint? so you can implement in the set?
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

creeperspider wrote: 05 Dec 2019 00:29 and yes the set is amazing BTW is it possible to post blank Passenger cars or Locomotives for users to Repaint? so you can implement in the set?
I don't think I really want to do it, but: 1) I accept suggestions, so you can offer what train or livery you wanted to see; 2) If you really want, I can send my sprites in PM
I also post my work-in-progress here sometimes
Image Image
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

Haven't posted anything here for a while. Been working on some side things and school, planning to do an update before April :D
There's thing which I had just finished, Erie Lackawanna Electric MU, they will be in Motor - Hi' roof trailer - Lo' roof trailer - Combine car - Club car complectation ingame :)
Attachments
Erie_Lackawanna_MU.png
Erie_Lackawanna_MU.png (18.72 KiB) Viewed 6723 times
Image Image
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

And another WIP - PRR K4s. Will end this one, redraw some PRR heavyweight coaches and push the release!
Attachments
212.png
212.png (19.67 KiB) Viewed 6496 times
Image Image
F/A18
Engineer
Engineer

Post by F/A18 »

Greetings,
I would like to thank all involved for this set. Sadly, I also need to report a bug. In the current released version (NAPR 0.12)The RTG turboliner, despite being classified as "diesel", is unable to run on non-electrified tracks.
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

F/A18 wrote: 10 Apr 2020 22:03 Greetings,
I would like to thank all involved for this set. Sadly, I also need to report a bug. In the current released version (NAPR 0.12)The RTG turboliner, despite being classified as "diesel", is unable to run on non-electrified tracks.
Well, I tried to dowload last version and try, and in my case, it can run on non-electrified track. Maybe You ran in with some other GRFs?
Image Image
F/A18
Engineer
Engineer

Post by F/A18 »

Tony Pixel wrote: 11 Apr 2020 09:56
F/A18 wrote: 10 Apr 2020 22:03 Greetings,
Well, I tried to dowload last version and try, and in my case, it can run on non-electrified track. Maybe You ran in with some other GRFs?
That I thought too, so tried testing that issue with just the NAPR activated in a new game, so interference of other grfs wasn't the case. The RTG in that new game still needed electrified depot to be built and electrified track to run.
I am using JGR's patch pack, though, so maybe that's the culprit. (EDIT 3: not the case, even base OpenTTD with NAPR suffers from the bug.)
Or maybe what I thought ingame as the latest version (0.12, due to the folder name) might have been actually the 0.11. After a closer look, I have some weird numbering issue with the file structure, folder saying 0.12, but the text ingame says 0.11. I used just the in-game newgrf online content downloader for NAPR which doesn't seem to give any newer version, though... I try to investigate that route a bit more...'

Edit: A screenshot of the version confusion:
NAPR bug.jpg
(1.01 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Edit 2: The weirdness with versions remains even after removing NAPR completely from the files and downloading the latest version again.

Edit 3: The RTG bug and the weird numbering presists even in the base OpenTTD (1.9.1)
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

F/A18 wrote: 11 Apr 2020 13:18 That I thought too, so tried testing that issue with just the NAPR activated in a new game, so interference of other grfs wasn't the case. The RTG in that new game still needed electrified depot to be built and electrified track to run.
I am using JGR's patch pack, though, so maybe that's the culprit. (EDIT 3: not the case, even base OpenTTD with NAPR suffers from the bug.)
Or maybe what I thought ingame as the latest version (0.12, due to the folder name) might have been actually the 0.11. After a closer look, I have some weird numbering issue with the file structure, folder saying 0.12, but the text ingame says 0.11. I used just the in-game newgrf online content downloader for NAPR which doesn't seem to give any newer version, though... I try to investigate that route a bit more...'

NAPR bug.jpg

Edit 2: The weirdness with versions remains even after removing NAPR completely from the files and downloading the latest version again.

Edit 3: The RTG bug and the weird numbering presists even in the base OpenTTD (1.9.1)
Well, yes, 0.12 has a "0.11" in the name, forgot to change it. It also happened to me to see a bug, in last version RTG Turboliner was accidently put on ELRL, so it only could be launched on electrified rails. I'm currently working on 0.13, will finish new heavyweight PRR coaches and release it, probably this Monday - Wednesday, and the bug with RTG is fixed in newer versions, so it will not abuse You again :)
Image Image
F/A18
Engineer
Engineer

Post by F/A18 »

Tony Pixel wrote: 12 Apr 2020 08:31
F/A18 wrote: 11 Apr 2020 13:18 That I thought too, so tried testing that issue with just the NAPR activated in a new game, so interference of other grfs wasn't the case. The RTG in that new game still needed electrified depot to be built and electrified track to run.

NAPR bug.jpg

Well, yes, 0.12 has a "0.11" in the name, forgot to change it. It also happened to me to see a bug, in last version RTG Turboliner was accidently put on ELRL, so it only could be launched on electrified rails. I'm currently working on 0.13, will finish new heavyweight PRR coaches and release it, probably this Monday - Wednesday, and the bug with RTG is fixed in newer versions, so it will not abuse You again :)
Thank you very much :) it is also awesome to see that a new wersion will come that soon :)
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm glad to present: 1.13 update is here!
Changelog (Yea it's huge :) ):
- added PRR K4s;
- added NYC 4-6-4 Hudson steamer;
- added PRR heavyweight set - 7 types of railcars;
- added Erie Lackawanna MU set;
- added NYC S-Motor;
- redrewn Comet II/V;
- redrewn The Canadian lightweight set;
- redrewn Amtrak baggage cars;
- redrewn NJT ALP-46;
- redrewn PRR and NYC liveries for EMD E7;
- fixed F59PHI push-pull feature bug;
- fixed Turboliner capacity issue;
and many other small graphic improvements, as always.
Write here for found bugs or glitches or your wishes for engines to add in next update.
Image Image
TrainLover
Engineer
Engineer

Re: North American Passenger Railroads Set dev. thread [v.1.13 - 17 Apr. 2020]

Post by TrainLover »

Is there a repository where we could submit stuff to?
Developer of North American Passenger Liveries: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=87228
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

TrainLover wrote: 29 Apr 2020 15:51 Is there a repository where we could submit stuff to?
Welcome back, haven't seen you in ages :)
There isn't at the moment, I can create some at GitHub or Dropbox if you guys want
Image Image
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

New poll started, so i can understand main opinion before next update goes online.
Image Image
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Tony Pixel wrote: 08 May 2020 12:48 New poll started, so i can understand main opinion before next update goes online.
Man, I'm torn... can you code this as a configurable option and let the user change it from a default if they wish?

Return to “Graphics Development”