North American Passenger Railroads Set - v.0.15 [27 Feb. 2024]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Oshawotta737
Engineer
Engineer

Re: North American Passenger Railroads Set dev. thread [v.0.14 - 14 Oct. 2021]

Post by Oshawotta737 »

Hi! I'm so glad to hear you are safe and doing well. The war has been such a terrible thing to see from the safety of America, and I can't even imagine living through it. No pressure on doing an update, you owe us nothing and should focus on anything else if you need/want to. Slava Ukraini!
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: North American Passenger Railroads Set dev. thread [v.0.14 - 14 Oct. 2021]

Post by Tony Pixel »

I'm happy to announce that North American Passenger Railroads got updated to version 0.15! You can pick it up right from the shelve of your favorite grocery store :D
This release has taken me no less but two and a third of a year to put together. Can't say it is that rich in features, but I hope I will be able to provide consistent updates now that I found both time and inspiration for it again.

:!: This version is not compatible with previous games. This is mostly because of length changes, but I will try to replace as much of remaining wrongly sized stuff as I can in the next update.

Changelog

Added:
  • Bombardier Multilevel cab/car: now has fresh and upscaled sprites and push-pull support with GE P32AC-DM and Alstom ALP-46 locomotives*
  • Amtrak Horizon car: added new, longer sprites and a cafe variant
  • Comet V cab/car: added Metro-North livery
  • Metroliner cab car: added livery choice support
  • EMD E9: updated sprites
  • Alco PA: updated sprites and added two more liveries
  • EMD F3: added "Blue Warbonnet" livery
  • Metra F40C got updated sprites and push-pull support for Gallery cars
Changed:
  • Metra bilevel cab/car: unified with other planned traincars into Gallery cab/car with 5(!) liveries and push-pull support with EMD F40PH, EMD F40C, Alstom HHP-8 and GE P32AC-DM
  • Comet I-V: cabs are now unpowered
Fixed:
  • Budd Metroliner I: fixed capacity issues (I hope?) by using correct variable in capacity switch
  • PRR Heavyweight sleeper car: fixed horizontal views
  • PRR K4s: fixed minor graphical issue with wheel animation
  • SP GS-4: Removed yet not implemented "Freedom train" livery option
Different diesel smoke symbols are preserved for easier tracking of updated stuff, I hope you wouldn't mind 👼
Image Image
Sprite artist and NewGRF developer, coding in NML. My projects:
NewGRFs: Not Enough Subways Set | North American Passenger Railroads | Elevated Subway Bridge | Tony Pixel's Subway Equipment Set (frozen)
Screenshots: New York City Subway Episodes

Return to “Graphics Development”