[CZTR / 32bpp ] - Czech total replacement

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

WolfRamXx
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [CZTR / 32bpp ] - Czech total replacement

Post by WolfRamXx »

Yeah, that would be nice. Hope it will at least stay alive in form of up-to-date updates, maybe few aditions from time to time... But i fully understand the probem with time, hope it will be bringed back soon as full going project though. :bow:
Owner of WolfTrans.com. An fictional trucking company.
stefino_cz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by stefino_cz »

Hi guys,
I have a question for programmers. When I've thinking about our future industry set, I had an idea to make it a little bit different. The idea was to program the base look of the industry with extra objects you can buy and improve your factory. For example. WE have a steel mill. The base look consist of main buildings. Then we can build around this factory accessories like a storage, chimney, iron ore tray, office block etc.. If the player buys these objects, it will increase production, and also the look of factories will be more varied. The question is if it is possible to code with the current NML? I had an idea with nearby_tiles check and then put into the industry code something like "if nearby_tile is XXX, multiply production X times" where XXX is a question. It could be maybe something like object ID. It would be good because each object could have its own multiplier of industry production. Or something different or all the idea is only sci-fi which is impossible to code.

If someone has any idea, would be great!
Thanks, Stefino
2TallTyler
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by 2TallTyler »

Industries can check the tile class of nearby tiles, but can't know the object ID.

My suggestion would be coding the upgrades as additional industry types which the player can fund nearby. You can use the location_check callback and the industry_distance variable to restrict construction to some distance from the correct parent industry. Production would take place at the parent industry checking the ID of nearby industry tiles to determine which upgrades are present. The upgrade tiles would not accept or produce any cargos and could have helptext telling the player that it's an upgrade for its parent factory.

If the industry is production-only (Farm, Forest, etc) you could have the upgrade industry actually produce the additonal cargo, but this wouldn't work for processing industries since the input cargo wouldn't be distributed properly.
stefino_cz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by stefino_cz »

2TallTyler wrote: 20 Jul 2022 15:18 Industries can check the tile class of nearby tiles, but can't know the object ID.

My suggestion would be coding the upgrades as additional industry types which the player can fund nearby. You can use the location_check callback and the industry_distance variable to restrict construction to some distance from the correct parent industry. Production would take place at the parent industry checking the ID of nearby industry tiles to determine which upgrades are present. The upgrade tiles would not accept or produce any cargos and could have helptext telling the player that it's an upgrade for its parent factory.

If the industry is production-only (Farm, Forest, etc) you could have the upgrade industry actually produce the additonal cargo, but this wouldn't work for processing industries since the input cargo wouldn't be distributed properly.
Yes, this was also my idea, to create that like a new industry. As I wrote - the first reason is to make a different look of industry graphic and the second is to reduce a lot of money during the game.

So, if it will work and these extra factory tiles won't produce any cargos, what the bonus will be? If you understand. Will it be something like multipling of basic production?
2TallTyler
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by 2TallTyler »

You could have the parent industry produce more, depending on how many upgrade industries are nearby.
dead.undead
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dead.undead »

VikTTD wrote: 20 Dec 2020 07:31
Hello guys.
Look at this screens please. I choose OpenGFX graphic and have this problems. Texture sometime have 8bit (screens 1 and 2).
1111.png
2222.png
And i don't understand what whis train depot (vlakové nádraží ??). They have texture for 2 or more tile, but in the game this is not so.
3333.png

Thx for help.
CZ: V okně "úprava terénu" je vpravo ikona "Objekty", na kterou když kliknete, tak se vám zobrazí CZTR Addons, ve kterém jsou doplňky pro depa a zarážedla.
EN: In the "terrain modification" window, on the right is the "Objects" icon, which, when clicked, will display the CZTR Addons, in which there are accessories for depots and stops.
Objects_toturial.png
I kindly suggest that you add this "depot tutorial" to the first post in this thread. It won't hurt if you add comments concerning this design "feature" (excuse my sarcasm) to the Bananas decription also.
Next, converting rails from non-electric to electric is a pain in the ass, as one is supposed to fix all the depot sprites manually. And if I got it right, Praha-jih depot has to be built from two depots minimum? Isn't it a waste of time and money? Is there a way to program adding extra-sprites?

Anyway, aside from several design flaws the set is brilliant! I'm a newcomer at OTTD and I don't last long in sandboxes, but i'm having fun now, and your set makes it more fun.

The dependence of truck set on CZTR roads was also a surprise, please add it to the thread starter/description.
Last edited by dead.undead on 28 Aug 2022 19:49, edited 2 times in total.
dead.undead
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dead.undead »

Also, a question: does the set support "refit at station" ? The option is greyed out in my game (worked fine with xUSSR set).
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

There is such a problem with trams, and I think a picture is worth x words
I'm not sure if I've posted this before. The description of the trams is too extensive and the buttons will remain out of the picture. Somewhere it solves stretching to full screen, but somewhere almost not...
CZ:Nejsem si jistý, jestli jsem to už psal. Popis tramvají je příliš rozsáhlý a tlačítka zůstanou mimo obraz. Někde to řeší roztažení na celou obrazovku, ale někde téměř ne...
Attachments
McIntosh & Co., 23. pro 1894.png
(2.11 MiB) Not downloaded yet
RoyalExamination9410
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by RoyalExamination9410 »

Argus wrote: 19 Oct 2022 21:30 There is such a problem with trams, and I think a picture is worth x words
I'm not sure if I've posted this before. The description of the trams is too extensive and the buttons will remain out of the picture. Somewhere it solves stretching to full screen, but somewhere almost not...
CZ:Nejsem si jistý, jestli jsem to už psal. Popis tramvají je příliš rozsáhlý a tlačítka zůstanou mimo obraz. Někde to řeší roztažení na celou obrazovku, ale někde téměř ne...
Off topic but which set are those buildings from?
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

CZTR houses and extrazoom UK town set.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

CZTR beta truck set only works with CZTR roadset :cry:
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Argus wrote: 26 Oct 2022 21:05 CZTR beta truck set only works with CZTR roadset :cry:
Yes, this is intentional, the sets are meant to be used only with themselves, not with other NewGRF sets.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

In that case, however, it's completely fine :)
The strange thing is that the buses are working. Although maybe only the first 3. :)
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

I just found it out quite late, so I have it in a lot of games unnecessarily. :D I don't want to change newgrf in them anymore :)
Nordleng
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Nordleng »

What industrial sets does this set work with?
Trains disappear in the ECS or FIRS.
I'm sorry for my English.
ClimaxUke
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ClimaxUke »

Hello,

I see the following display with the train depots

Image <== Wood mesh (60 km/h)

I am in OpenTTD 12.2 with aBase graphics processing

Have you ever observed this? thank you in advance.
happy holidays
VikCZ
Engineer
Engineer

Post by VikCZ »

Nordleng wrote: 17 Dec 2022 09:39 What industrial sets does this set work with?
Trains disappear in the ECS or FIRS.
Hello,
read the first page, you need to have CZTR sets on top of the GRF list...
ClimaxUke wrote: 29 Dec 2022 15:03 Hello,

I see the following display with the train depots

Image <== Wood mesh (60 km/h)

I am in OpenTTD 12.2 with aBase graphics processing

Have you ever observed this? thank you in advance.
happy holidays
Hello,
use the objects tool in the "landscape toolbar". There are many objects (like buffers or the second part of this train depot) from the CZTR Rails addon set. Btw this has already been mentioned in older replies, so maybe try looking at the older pages...
Longac
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Longac »

Budu nejspíš za idiota, ale nejdou mi aktualizovat grafiky. Ve hře mám CZTR road set 1.0.1 , ale už máte vydané 2.0.0. Ať hledám jak chci, tak verzi 2.0.0 ne a ne najít ke stažení
VikCZ
Engineer
Engineer

Post by VikCZ »

Longac wrote: 18 Jan 2023 11:24 Budu nejspíš za idiota, ale nejdou mi aktualizovat grafiky. Ve hře mám CZTR road set 1.0.1 , ale už máte vydané 2.0.0. Ať hledám jak chci, tak verzi 2.0.0 ne a ne najít ke stažení
CZ: Musíte vymazat (nebo přesunout) soubor "CZTR Road set" přímo v adresáři (složce) hry, poté v Open TTD přímo v "Stahovat součásti" si stáhnete nový.

EN: You need to delete (or move) the file "CZTR Road set" directly in the directory (folder) of the game, then in Open TTD directly in "Check online content" you download a new one.
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

You can get it from the Online Content on the Main Menu ,https://wiki.openttd.org/en/Manual/NewGRF .

Return to “Graphics Development”