Train upgrade/replacement failure

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

RJL
Engineer
Engineer

Train upgrade/replacement failure

Post by RJL »

Can someone please explain why the list of locos & rolling stock to 'replace available trains' does not make any replacements at all? In fact, if the type of rail is changed, the list goes blank from top to bottom for ALL speeds and rail types.

I suspect it has something to do with the GRF settings. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Train upgrade/replacement failure

Post by Alberth »

RJL wrote:Can someone please explain why the list of locos & rolling stock to 'replace available trains' does not make any replacements at all?
The list is endless, I don't think anyone is going to list them for you.

If you want to get it solved, please provide a savegame or an example that demonstrates the problem.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
RJL
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RJL »

Thanks for the response.

Here's a screen shot of the problem. Available trains shown - Replace trains blank.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

RJL
Attachments
Available trains OK - Replace Trains blank.pdf
(879.83 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Try changing the track type to the lowest speed possible Electric category.
RJL
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RJL »

It seems pretty pointless to downgrade the tracks after developing an infrastructure to accommodate the faster, more modern locos, don't you think?

There's clearly something amiss with the settings that prohibits further upgrades to the track and rolling stock.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

RJL wrote:It seems pretty pointless to downgrade the tracks after developing an infrastructure to accommodate the faster, more modern locos, don't you think?

There's clearly something amiss with the settings that prohibits further upgrades to the track and rolling stock.
I mean in the little drop down box at the bottom middle of the replace Vehicles screen. It works this way for NuTracks on my current game, and I imagine is to do with the GRF, than the game itself.

See attached Screenshots:

With the Dropdown box set to "Very Low Speed Electric Rail Vehicles", all Electrics can be seen.
Deutsche Bahn, 6th Jan 2251.png
(493.85 KiB) Not downloaded yet
With the Dropdown box set to "High Speed Electric Rail Vehicles", none can be seen.
Deutsche Bahn, 6th Jan 2251#1.png
(466.75 KiB) Not downloaded yet
RJL
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RJL »

Yes, I see what you mean. I tried that but the locos are still not being replaced.

I think you're right - it's to do with the GRF settings. Trial and error seems to be the only way to sort this out - unless someone else has a better idea.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Until you provide a savegame, nobody can really experiment with your problem, and figure out what is actually happening.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
RJL
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RJL »

Good morning Alberth,

Attached is a saved game which hopefully can provide a clue to the problem.
Attachments
Dafingway Transport, 11-04-2139.sav
(202.46 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

I loaded your save and got the vehicle replacement list just fine, and found the same engines under the low speed electric track. So is there a problem there? Or do you have the problem that vehicles are not replaced even when you have set up a replacement for all vehicles? Vehicles are only replaced when they visit the depot, so do they do that?

For me, your problem description is not really clear, can you be more specific?
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
RJL
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RJL »

Hello T/man,

When activating the replace trains function, the little curved arrow icon appears next to the old model as if it's responding but nothing happens. The old locos don't visit the depot automatically; even if I send them manually to the nearst depot, nothing happens either.

Return to “General OpenTTD”