Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:18 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:24 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Great NGRF, I like using it. Powerful vehicles with decent capabilities, especially early in the game.

I noticed something that seems to be a bug; hardware vehicles, the Reaver and Crime Rigg, (and possibly the Brigand and the Road thief ((by the time those appears, I have larger trucks from other GRF available so I rarely use them :D )
appears in game with a "mirrored" double, like a trailer

Is that supposed to happen? It looks a bit odd.

Attachments:
Les Chariottes, 1er Sep 1928.png [147.08 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:21 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Lesarthois wrote:
the Reaver and Crime Rigg...[snip]...appears in game with a "mirrored" double, like a trailer.

It's intended, but I'm not sure if it actually looks good :D

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/B4697K/trio-ta ... B4697K.jpg

I'm considering changing it in a future version ;)

Road Hog (road vehicles, released)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:47 am 
Engineer
Engineer

Well the early versions looks fine, if a bit odd, as I knew of those old "road trains".
I am near le Mans so I know of Amédée Bollée and his powerful, heavy steam machines.
Things like the Marie-Anne and the Obéissante make most "standards" steam vehicles in the game being underpowered :D

Meet Marie-Anne :
A beautiful girl, able to pull 35 metric tons on most roads, and up to 100 on perfectly flat ones.
Anyway :mrgreen:

But the Brigand looks a bit silly considering it doesn't carry an excessive load for the era they are introduced to.

The Crime Rigg looks a bit off too but I guess that the capacity justify the odd arrangment :)

I guess you should take advice from other people but IMO you might like to convert the the Crime Rigg into a more standard arrangement?

Just suggesting. Your set is amazing so that's really the only reason I'm here, because that odd train road bugged me a bit.
Everything else you've made is fine as far as I'm concerned. Or at least. I have a bit too much mods to know what's standard, too weak, too cheap or expensive :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:21 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Road Hog 1.3.0 is released :) . On Bananas or download from http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/road-hog/releases/

*Changes*

- restore Steeraway foundry hauler
- cargo support for acid, chlorine, cement, explosives, fertiliser, kaolin, pig iron, salt, slag, soda ash, sulphur,
- supplies trucks show cargo when loaded
- 'Fruit & Vegetables Tram' not 'Fruit Tram'

*Docs*

- improved text
- fixed vehicle image height bug

*Translations*

- updated
- translator credits: http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/road-hog ... redits.txt

*Codechanges*

- refactored python compile (code quality, performance)
- refactored makefile (Alberth)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:33 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Thanks for another update of this beautiful set. I like to use it in their games :)) .

My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:37 am 
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Hoggity Hog...

Re earlier AI discussion, part of the congestion problem may be breakdowns... I've noticed some very low reliabilities on Hog buses.

I think the issue is that Hogs have a very long lifespan, are withdrawn almost immediately when their next generation replacement comes out, and don't make use of the retire_early property to extend their reliability. Consequently, half the AI's buses are obsolete models driving around with tanked reliability, despite nominally having decades left to run.

Attachments:
Image11.png
Image11.png [ 30.01 KiB | Viewed 788 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:43 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Thanks. Fixed in r1395 http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/roa ... 34f4958dd5

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:50 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Road Hog 1.4.0 now on bananas, or http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/road-hog/releases/

Special thanks to translators ;)

Changelog
=========

------

*Changes*

- repainted Fruit & Vegetable trams to match fruit & veg vehicles in Iron Horse 2, Unsinkable Sam
- show power type in vehicle name, e.g. '(Steam)', '(Diesel)', '(Electric)'
- improved handling of default vehicle cargos; in the case where first cargo(s) are not available in game fallback cargo(s) will be tried

*Fixes*

- reworked handling of model life for more reliable and useful handling of vehicle expiry dates (with help from Pikka, Eddi)
- don't set articulated consist flag unless needed (confuses AIs)
- 'open' vehicles had some piece goods sprites missing
- Jinglepot trailer mask was out of position in one angle
- some trams needed always_use_same_spriterow flag set

*Docs*

- better explanation of asset licenses that are not GPL compliant
- anchor links for individual road vehicles in Road Vehicles page
- improved readme.txt

*Translations*

- updated
- translator credits: http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/road-hog ... redits.txt

*Codechanges*

- adopt Polar Fox library for consistent handling of cargo across Unsinkable Sam, Road Hog, Iron Horse
- multiple compile improvements
- code formatting/linting improvements
- renamed vehicle .py files on filesystem so they're easier to work with
- move solitary lang template to src/templates and remove src/lang_templates dir
- remove unused code, notably ModelVariant support, which is dead
- show vacant numeric ids at compile time

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 7:08 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Road Hog 1.4.1 now on Bananas

Changelog
=========

------

*Fixes*

- logging trucks were showing incorrect sprites, probably also affected supplies trucks and foundry transporters