American Bridge Replacement Set [0.4.0 Released 4-30-19]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: American Bridge Replacement Set [0.4.0 Released 4-30-19]

Post by SimYouLater » 10 Nov 2019 23:33

Never mind about the trestle. It's a minor glitch and can't be solved wityhout adjusting the sprites. I'll post the bridge glitches in the other direction so you don't have to check anything manually.

Here's the cable-stayed rail bridge...
Attachments
As coded.
As coded.
Carhattan Transport, 01_09_2200.png (75.02 KiB) Viewed 146 times
Carhattan Transport, 01_09_2200#1.png
Fixed.
(88.12 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Checked against default bridge heads.
Checked against default bridge heads.
Carhattan Transport, 01_11_2200#2.png (26.94 KiB) Viewed 136 times
Last edited by SimYouLater on 10 Nov 2019 23:43, edited 1 time in total.
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.

wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb » 10 Nov 2019 23:39

Just a note ... You can't check alignments against custom bridge heads mainly because they are not part of the bridges. Set your alignments against the bridge's own ramps. I recommend using the flat ramp which can in turn be aligned to a flat ground tile. You may find my Tile Grids very useful here.
Last edited by wallyweb on 10 Nov 2019 23:43, edited 1 time in total.

SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater » 10 Nov 2019 23:41

Plate girder bridge, checked against both bridge head types...
Attachments
Carhattan Transport, 01_10_2200.png
As coded.
(107.89 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Carhattan Transport, 01_11_2200.png
Fixed.
(86.55 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Carhattan Transport, 01_11_2200#1.png
Checked with default bridge heads.
(85.27 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.

SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater » 10 Nov 2019 23:55

Issue with the covered road bridge, that should be everything. Hopefully this isn't too much work for you!
Attachments
Carhattan Transport, 01_05_2200.png
Note the incorrect girder sprite.
(216.99 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Licenses for my work...

wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb » 11 Nov 2019 00:07

SimYouLater wrote:
10 Nov 2019 23:55
Issue with the covered road bridge, that should be everything. Hopefully this isn't too much work for you!
Looks to me like a girder for the N>S bridge was used.

Andrew350
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Andrew350 » 11 Nov 2019 00:07

Trouble is you're only checking one type of bridge head with your fixes ;)
gap.png
gap.png (14.16 KiB) Viewed 125 times
Like I said, some of the issues you're pointing out can't be easily solved by just re-aligning the sprites; they are put where they are for a reason ;) In order to "fix" them would require a tricky dance of balancing how it looks between different versions of the game to support a minor niche feature. It's hard enough to get all the pieces to line up properly as it is, so I'm not sure the amount of time it would take to make it "perfect" is worth it (if its even possible for that matter). In the case where one is going to look "off" I would lean towards JGRPP taking the hit, plus many of these issues are also very minor ;)

The covered bridge thing is definitely weird though, especially since it only happens in one direction :? There's probably an errant byte somewhere, so I'll look into that :)

EDIT:
wallyweb wrote:Looks to me like a girder for the N>S bridge was used
Yeah, except there shouldn't even be a support there at all Ah nevermind, yeah it's just the wrong sprite there. Easy fix :)

Return to “Graphics Development”