Adjacentstations is broken for rail stations

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Nagyzee
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Adjacentstations is broken for rail stations

Post by Nagyzee »

I don't expect this to ever get fixed but thought why not file a bug report at least? :P

I'm playing with r2366 which is the last nightly at the old download location. Adjacentstations is of course set to on in my cfg file.

If I start a new game or load a saved game then I can ctrl-build rail stations (distant joining and adjacent building works as intended) as long as I don't touch anything in the railway station building options. This means that I can ctrl-build only 1x1 default stations. As soon as I switch to a newgrf station tile or even change the length or number of tracks on the default station in the build menu the adjacentstations feature gets broken and I can't ctrl-build rail stations any more (not even 1x1 default ones). After this ctrl-build behaves exactly like simple building. On the other hand ctrl-building works correctly for road stations, docks and airports even after this bug occurs. The bug is present even with zero newgrfs loaded. Changing the length or number of tracks on the default station breaks the feature in that case, too.

Wondering which revision introduced this bug. Must have been a relatively recent one as this is a quite old feature (added around ~r1300) and must have worked correctly for quite some time.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Adjacentstations is broken for rail stations

Post by wallyweb »

There is a more recent version of TTDPatch available here.
Give this a go to see if the issue persists.
Nagyzee
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Nagyzee »

Well, I don't see anything in the changelog that might have accidentally fixed this as a side effect. But I'll give it a try tomorrow.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Using r2384 I had no problems so if it works for you then your r2366 has become corrupted.
Nagyzee
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Nagyzee »

Just downloaded r2384, started a new game with zero newgrfs and the bug is still there. :?

Edit: Maybe it's caused by another switch/feature that is set to a different value in your ttdpatch.cgf file than mine? Could you please send over your ttdpatch.cfg? If it remains broken over here even with that then I'm out of ideas.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

I will take a look at the issue once the source code server for TTDPatch is back up - I have no idea when that will be. I was one of the last users on this forum to build TTDPatch. I can't remember if this can be done or not however I think there is a way of writing your current cfg file to disk without any of the comments/descriptions. If you can do that then a diffing tool can be used to compare two cfgs more easily if they are in alphabetical order..
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Nagyzee wrote:Could you please send over your ttdpatch.cfg?
ttdpatch.zip
(12.41 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

Can someone also test it with the beta as well please. Can you also tell m us if IrregularStations is on or off? I also suspect LargerStationSpread LongerStationsMorePlatforms StationSize may be involved(The last one won't have anything to do with it in the beta).
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

beclawat wrote:Can you also tell m us if IrregularStations is on or off?
I think that's it. I changed my cfg to irregularstations off and now I get an error while trying to build adjacent rail stations ... so not a bug.
irregularstations does not apply to airports, road stations and docks so adjacent stations still works for them.
Nagyzee
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Nagyzee »

Irregularstations is set to 'on' in my ttdpatch.cfg, has been since forever. Also I of course checked whether the most likely suspects are correctly set in case of on/off switches (like irregularstations, largestations) and tried several values with numerical switches (like stationsize, spread, etc.) before submitting the bug report. Yesterday night after turning off my computer another suspect came to my mind but it sounded a bit stupid so I had to test first.

My suspicion came from the fact that adjacentstations broke as soon as I changed anything in the station building sub-menu and it broke only for rail stations. I had the following gui settings:
locomotiongui.usenewgui on
locomotiongui.defaultnewgui off
locomotiongui.defaultstation on

I changed locomotiongui.defaultstation to 'off' and the bug is gone, I can build adjacent stations with the old station building menu without any problems. Can you guys reproduce the bug in your versions with the settings above? So can you build adjacent stations apart from the default 1x1 in the locomotion-style station menu?
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Nagyzee wrote:locomotiongui.usenewgui on
locomotiongui.defaultstation on
My settings are:
locomotiongui.usenewgui on
locomotiongui.defaultstation off

Interesting to note that ctrl toggles between the old and new gui.
ctrl is also used to call up the adjacent stations gui.

What I am finding, using your settings, is with the new gui I selected and built one of the ISR stations,
Then, using ctrl to select the old gui, the defaut station was named and displayed, but it still built the ISR station.

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”