ecs vehicle factory not producing vehicles

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

elricks
Engineer
Engineer

ecs vehicle factory not producing vehicles

Post by elricks »

I am playing JGRPP0.13.3. on Win 64

I am using (in this order)
ECC town 1.2
ECS houses 1.2
ECS Basic II 1.2
ECS Wood 1.2
ECS Machinery 1.2
ECS Construction beta 5
ECS Chemicals II 1.2
ECS Agri 1.2
ECS Industries addon
ECSext - additional industries

I have a factory that uses Steel Glass and Dyes, which is producing goods OK.

I have other Ind, all of which are working OK.

I have a vehicle factory, which currently has cargo waiting 192 t of Steel; 52 boxes of glass; 42 t of dyes. 0 vehicles have been produced.

I have a train that has vehicles as a cargo. It waits at the station 10 days. The station it is waiting at is one of the stations I deliver steel to

I had a previous Vehicles factory using the same stations that was close to houses which did not produce vehicles even though all 3 'requirements' had stock. I read in the doco that a 'decrease production event' is always instigated when the Vehicle factory is in a town zone (or similar), I moved the factory to a place where it is NOT close to houses.

I have left the new factory running long enough to start production, but the workers must be on strike.

I have attached a save game.

Great work by the way.
Attachments
Hindston Transport, 11th Feb 1905.sav
(6.15 MiB) Downloaded 76 times
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: ecs vehicle factory not producing vehicles

Post by Leanden »

How many game days has the vehicle factory been in the game?

As you are using JGR patchpack i assume you daylength active, and a vehicle factory does not produce vehicles during the first 93 days of its life, which is obviously extended by daylength.

Only advice to wait im afraid :)
elricks
Engineer
Engineer

Re: ecs vehicle factory not producing vehicles - cancelled

Post by elricks »

Bugger - strike called off as I now have 81 vehicles produced!!!

Sorry for the false alarm.
nihues
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nihues »

ECS+Daylength slows the start and ramp up of production.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

ECS is not compatible with daylenght, that s the bug....

Some forest act strange (they don t produce wood everymonth, and do not reach same level of production as the "normal" ones, and bonus their level of production keep jumping up and down), while some other forest are running perfectly fine.

The upgrade and activation of all furnace (for steelmill, aluminium plant, glassmill) are messed up also, and easily get broken when production level are " decreasing"

The passengers produced by oilplatforms or fishing industry are not regular (not produced everymonth), and that s messing up badly the way they get their level upgraded.

the Gold mine ( this i m not sure it s related to daylenght), show very strange level of productionm it shows ---> "-11071%" !!!
elricks
Engineer
Engineer

Post by elricks »

Leanden wrote:How many game days has the vehicle factory been in the game?

As you are using JGR patchpack i assume you daylength active, and a vehicle factory does not produce vehicles during the first 93 days of its life, which is obviously extended by daylength.

Only advice to wait im afraid :)
Excellent advice. Thanks to others who replied. You are correct, I am using daylength, and I am having fluctuations in productions with the other industries mentioned.

Day length is vital to my game style, and I am more than willing to put up with the fluctuations.

My vehicle factory was more than 6 months old and had produced NOTHING, so I panicked. Now I understand that the glitch is due to daylength, and that the production ramps up as often as it ramps down, I can accommodate it into my game play.

Thanks

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”