Auztralian Industries (AuzInd)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Auztralian Industries (AuzInd)

Post by GarryG »

RoyalExamination9410 wrote: 04 Nov 2022 18:47 These sound like good ideas! I don't remember if you have convenience stores, malls and newsstands
Yep .. I do .. plan to have several types of small shops to receive cargoes from bigger industries and produce the Food, Goods and maybe Mail and Parcels (Mail be bills and accounts being sent to customers and Parcels be home deliveries).

Some of my ideas are similar to how things are in Australia.
* Grain .. farmers produce the grain it goes to the Silos to wait for it to be sold to Flour Mills, Breweries and for Export. From Silos instead of Grain it will be Wheat, Cereal Crops, Maize (Corn) and Seed (Farmers buy the seed for next years crop).
* Fruit and Vegetables .. From farms it could be called Produce and goes to the Markets where it becomes Fruit and Vegetables .. from here it goes to the convenience stores (shops) and becomes FOOD.
Hope to do similar chains from other things Farmers produce.
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

I been joining some industries together to reduce the clutter on the maps.

These are some I done.
Combined Industries.png
Combined Industries.png (344.24 KiB) Viewed 3851 times
1. Car Sales Yard, Markets and Food Processing Plant (I think I will separate the Markets and make a bigger Car Yard).
2. Metal Fabrication and Cement Works
3. Cereal factory and Paper Mill
4. Oil Refinery and Chemical Plant
5. Water Treatment Works and Council Yard
6. Farm Supplies and Creamery
7. Livestock Sale Yards and Grain Storage.

Hope do more next weekend.

Cheers
Soot Happens
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Still having strange ideas with my Industry set.

Looking at aerial images from Google Earth with some secondary Industry sites. This one is in one of the suburbs in the Newcastle, NSW, Australia.
Like to do some with several buildings on it to present several industries so you can build your industrial area something like in the image.
(The rust roof buildings in image is a brewery).

The industries in images in previous post probably join some of those so they be 4 x 4 industries together. .. I'm coding Industries so they are cheap to buy. That way you can start a game with no industries and build your own where you want.

Once I sure how I want to do them will start making them.

Cheers
Attachments
Secondary Industries.png
Secondary Industries.png (484.38 KiB) Viewed 3771 times
Soot Happens
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Industry and a Town Set

Got a weird idea I am experimenting with.

Back in 2019-2020 been experimenting with help from one of our members called Jimbob to add some of my object buildings to a Town Set (called it AuzTownSetInd) that adds to towns already loaded. Much thanks to Jimbob (who I haven't heard from for a few years) he included these buildings to also accept cargo. He had the simple cargos like Passengers, Mail, Food and Goods.

Sooo the past few days I been experimenting see if can add other cargos that are in one of my Industry sets and so far it seems to work.

My idea is to:
* Remove from my Industries set builds in or close to towns and place them in the Town Set.
* Add those Industry to the Town Set.
* Some of these will be Housing Apartments, Bakers, Butcher, Car Yard, Shopping Center, Department Store and a few more.
* This will spare up some IDs in the Industry set.
* I hope will remove some of the clutter of so many Industries scattered everywhere.
* Towns and cities will accept a lot more cargos.
* Cargos such as: Fruit, Vegetables, Meat, Building Supplies, Parcels, Beer, Fish, Oysters, Furniture and some others can be accepted in the towns and cities.
* I tested it with the default Industries and only default cargos would appear so all the other cargos I added did no harm.
* I tested with FIRS extreme .. it accepts any cargos FIRS has that I included in this Town Set.
* The town set works with other industry sets if that Industry set has some same cargos as I have.
* No idea yet if it interferes with the industry chain of other Industry sets.

Hope understand what I looking at doing.

Cheers

EDIT
The idea works .. but has a problem .. it adds lot of some of them in each town and cities. Guess that part of the design of town sets .. you want more then 1 of the same building.

Looks like it will be put back in the too hard basket for now until I can figure another way for this idea.

Cheers again
Soot Happens
belgi
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by belgi »

GarryG wrote: 20 Feb 2023 02:13
Industry and a Town Set

Got a weird idea I am experimenting with.

Back in 2019-2020 been experimenting with help from one of our members called Jimbob to add some of my object buildings to a Town Set (called it AuzTownSetInd) that adds to towns already loaded. Much thanks to Jimbob (who I haven't heard from for a few years) he included these buildings to also accept cargo. He had the simple cargos like Passengers, Mail, Food and Goods.

Sooo the past few days I been experimenting see if can add other cargos that are in one of my Industry sets and so far it seems to work.

My idea is to:
* Remove from my Industries set builds in or close to towns and place them in the Town Set.
* Add those Industry to the Town Set.
* Some of these will be Housing Apartments, Bakers, Butcher, Car Yard, Shopping Center, Department Store and a few more.
* This will spare up some IDs in the Industry set.
* I hope will remove some of the clutter of so many Industries scattered everywhere.
* Towns and cities will accept a lot more cargos.
* Cargos such as: Fruit, Vegetables, Meat, Building Supplies, Parcels, Beer, Fish, Oysters, Furniture and some others can be accepted in the towns and cities.
* I tested it with the default Industries and only default cargos would appear so all the other cargos I added did no harm.
* I tested with FIRS extreme .. it accepts any cargos FIRS has that I included in this Town Set.
* The town set works with other industry sets if that Industry set has some same cargos as I have.
* No idea yet if it interferes with the industry chain of other Industry sets.

Hope understand what I looking at doing.

Cheers

EDIT
The idea works .. but has a problem .. it adds lot of some of them in each town and cities. Guess that part of the design of town sets .. you want more then 1 of the same building.

Looks like it will be put back in the too hard basket for now until I can figure another way for this idea.

Cheers again
The idea great!
It is a pity that it is not in the phase we could use in the game. But obviously it won't be that simple ... If I'm not mistaken, I read somewhere recently that it could work with the JGR system. But unfortunately I don't know anything specific.
Good luck friend!

Have a nice day
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

GarryG wrote: 20 Feb 2023 02:13
Industry and a Town Set

@Moderators
I think it would be a good idea to split this from the current thread and make a separate Auz Town Set thread ;-)
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Auz Town Set as a Industry
I started a new forum for this subject.

Click on this link will take you there.
viewtopic.php?t=90619
Soot Happens
Reedtanguerra
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Reedtanguerra »

I'm putting in a :bow: for this industry set as it is hands down the most interesting to play with for a long-play 1700s start. I can start shipping fish, agrarian, wood and mineral products by boat and work my way up to more complicated industrial enterprises as the trains start dropping around 1830. I'm playing with the Renewed Village Growth script and turned the industry closure options on. Sure the map will spawn with some historically-inaccurate industries in 1700, but they'll all start closing in a couple years, leaving me free to fund my own industries and build an evolving map economy through the ages. Absolutely loving all the in-town shops and things.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Reedtanguerra wrote: 09 Apr 2023 01:55 I'm putting in a for this industry set as it is hands down the most interesting to play with for a long-play 1700s start.
Hope you enjoy it .. might find a few problems but I just haven't had time to work on them any further.

Cheers
Soot Happens
Reedtanguerra
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Reedtanguerra »

Liveblogging my play experience here. So for the industries that both accept and produce the same good, you need separate stations for drop off and pick up or cargodist gets confused. For example, I have livestock from a dairy farm going to the livestock sale yard and then onwards to an abattoir. When I put both routes to one station, the dairy farm route stopped making any money and the ships unloaded and then reloaded heading back to the dairy farm. Making a separate station to load the livestock for the abattoir fixed the situation.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Reedtanguerra wrote: 09 Apr 2023 21:56 For example, I have livestock from a dairy farm going to the livestock sale yard and then onwards to an abattoir.
My intentions was to make it like real .. farmers never sold direct to Abattoirs .. they would take their livestock to sales yards. Here they be auctioned to Abattoirs or to other farmers as new breeding stock. Thence the livestock would go to Abattoirs or to farms.

But calling them all livestock is confusing so I been looking at idea of separating the livestock into several types. Some ideas take Cattle to Sale Yards and it becomes Livestock to go to Abattoirs. And also have Sheep could also become livestock for Abattoirs. Pigs be come Hogs to go to a Bacon Factory. Something like that.

Grain trying to do the same .. farms grow Grain .. it gets taken to the Grain Silos. From here it creates Wheat, Cereal Crops, Rice and other grain types and these get taken to the Export Bulk Terminals, Flour Mills, Brewery and Food Processing Plants.

That some of the reasons I not did much to the Industry sets as trying to think of a good way to do these.
Soot Happens
Reedtanguerra
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Reedtanguerra »

It's a good idea. It's just not super obvious from a gameplay perspective how things work from reading the industry windows. I've supplied two of the inputs to a Country Village, and the goods are just sitting in the stockpile not being used, but it's producing passengers and mail, so guessing it's on basic production and will go insane when I manage to connect the seafood? I'll cheerfully post a manual on this industry set once I figure how stuff works lol.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Reedtanguerra wrote: 09 Apr 2023 22:58 It's a good idea. It's just not super obvious from a gameplay perspective how things work from reading the industry windows.
I not understand a lot of the coding for industry sets .. what I used I stole from FIRS 1.4.3 and SPI. It possible I removed things from code I shouldn't or the other way around I left things that should have been removed.

I hoping to have them work the same as the default industries do in the original TTD. No restrictions of what you delivered. And they all produced even if you didn't deliver anything. The better the service you provided product would increase.

When I sort out the Object sets .. hope to work on the industries again. Maybe a month or 2 before that happens.

Cheers
Soot Happens
Reedtanguerra
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Reedtanguerra »

Honeybadger Transport CEO's blog Jun 2nd, 1708: This Country Village is populated solely by bored farmwives who gossip by letter. My poor mail couriers drive their horses to exhaustion every day and cannot keep up. Also, I'm quite convinced that the manager of the Amigo Beach Abattoir is skimming because the Abattoir suspiciously produces the same amount of meat & processed food no matter how much livestock is delivered. I will pen another missive exhorting the Amigo Beach Sheriff's office to investigate this travesty.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

AuzFarmIndustries

Not sure when I get back to working on my industry set as still putting together some ideas.

A crazy idea I having at the moment.
* Looking at having a crop tile as Industry where they grow fodder (livestock food)
* Using the herding livestock I working on .. the cows go to the crop to graze and eat the crops (produce Fodder). The cows then can either go to a Dairy Milk Shed to produce milk, or fatten them up and send them to Abattoirs to produce Meat or Food.
* Sheep after eating the crops go to Shearing Sheds to produce Wool or fatten them up and send them to the abattoirs to produce meat/food.
Hope that makes sense.
I hoping that the farm roads I did can be used on the farms so the livestock can use to travel from where the crops are to the dairy, shearing shed or other locations.

Another idea (based on OTIS industry set that Quast65 and I did) .. reduce the farm Industry to only one building or item to represent what that farm produces.
* Dairy Farms .. just have a dairy shed where cows are milked. Then you can add the house, livestock and other objects you like.
* Sheep Farms .. just have a shearing shed. You add house and livestock.
* Live Stock Pens .. for livestock that goes to the Abattoirs or markets. You add houses and what livestock you want.
* Crops .. might need several to represent the different farms that grow crops.
* Fruit Trees .. for a farm that produces fruit.
* Grape Vines .. for a winery.

They some of my crazy ideas and hope to work on them when I catch up on some object projects first.

Any suggestions for and against this idea appreciated.

Cheers
Soot Happens
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

New idea for Industry set for 2024.

Like to make the Industry shaving as many different farms as I can think of that are here in Australia.

Probably call it
AUZFARMINDUSTRY2024
Some ideas:
* Some industry sets have Workers to take to the different Industries. But I looking at idea of incomes and wages. Commercial Industries produce Income (CASH) and this get taken to the Bank. The Bank then produces Wages and this can be taken to Industries to pay the employees. Pay the workers well and it could increase production.
* Still like a old idea having Cattle, Sheep and Pigs separate cargos. Take sheep to the shearing shed to produce WOOL. Pig go to a Bacon Factory. Cattle and Sheep go to Abattoirs.
* Farms to produce Canola seed and this goes to a industry to produce Editable Oil.
* Adding a Foutain to the towns so that towns no mater what climate we play will accept FOOD, GOOD and WATER.

These just a few brain wave ideas I having.

Shall tell you more when I figure out a few more details.
Soot Happens
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

AuzTownSetInd6

Hard to believe I last work on this set 11 months ago and then forgot about it.

Wondering if you like to test with your favorite Industry set. :D

This set places the following Industries in and near towns.
:Department Store
:Shopping Center
:Car Sales Yard
:Petrol Station
:Hardware Store
:Warehouse
:Water Towers
They only accept cargos, they DO NOT produce any.
AuzTownIndV6.png
AuzTownIndV6.png (114.88 KiB) Viewed 881 times
The idea of this set so towns can accept more cargoes.

If there is a cargo that these Industrys DO NOT accept, let me know and we see if can add it to next release.

I tested with FIRS 4.15.1 "Temperate Basic" and seems to work ok.

Here the game file and source.
Attachments
AuzTownSetInd6.grf
(806.14 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
AuzTownSetInd6Source.rar
(1.19 MiB) Downloaded 12 times
Soot Happens
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

AuzTownSetInd6

Friend suggested I make these building smaller 1x1 size as they look way to big for some small towns.

So maybe I could have a look at that idea and see how they look. The buildings should also suit a game starting in the 1800s and early 1900s.

What your opinion on me making those buildings smaller?
Soot Happens
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

I don't know, considering the purpose, the buildings seem just right to me. I would rather consider adding some smaller shops for smaller towns - villages usually don't have a supermarket. I would add something like a pub, recreational facilities, etc.
The petrol station could be smaller - like the petrol station from Firs.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Argus wrote: 23 Jan 2024 22:29 I don't know, considering the purpose, the buildings seem just right to me. I would rather consider adding some smaller shops for smaller towns - villages usually don't have a supermarket. I would add something like a pub, recreational facilities, etc.
The petrol station could be smaller - like the petrol station from Firs.
Shall experiment with some of those ideas.
The supermarker and department store I could change these so only build in towns of population of greater than 1000.
For small towns I could pinch the 1x1 tile Grocery shop and hardware store from FIRS 1.4.3.

Cheers pal
Soot Happens

Return to “Graphics Development”