Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:23 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 942 posts ]  Go to page Previous 138 39 40 41 4248 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:08 am 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:44 am
Posts: 2683
Location: Newcastle, Australia
kamnet wrote:
I will freely admit that I changed my vote. In fact, I changed it several times.


Maybe a method in your madness :D

Maybe change votes could be allowed except for the last few days of voting. :roll:

Shame we cant change our votes when voting for politicians when they not keeping their promises, kick them out before their term is up. :D

Cheers

_________________
Soot Happens
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
AuzTrains & AuzTrainsNSW: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
AuzInd (Industry Set): http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
AuzObjects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
AuzBridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
AuzStations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
AuzTracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:23 am 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:05 pm
Posts: 5382
Location: Canada
GarryG wrote:
Shame we cant change our votes when voting for politicians when they not keeping their promises, kick them out before their term is up. :D
You'd have to wash your foot if you did that. :mrgreen:

_________________
wallyweb on tt-forums: Screenshots - Projects - Releases
wallyweb on Simuscape: Projects - Releases
Other Stuff: TTDPatch 2.6 "Nightly" download - cirdan's OpenTTD branch (New Map Features)
Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2015 - Tied May 2016 - January 2018


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:24 pm 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:44 am
Posts: 2683
Location: Newcastle, Australia
I'll wear my steel capped safety boots.

_________________
Soot Happens
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
AuzTrains & AuzTrainsNSW: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
AuzInd (Industry Set): http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
AuzObjects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
AuzBridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
AuzStations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
AuzTracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:06 am 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:37 am
Posts: 3007
Location: Straya
The response to the question "should re-voting be disabled?" is overwhelmingly Yes, with 27 votes and No at 6 votes.

The people have spoken, so I'll disable re-voting from now on. :twisted:

Now there was going to be a poll regarding the screenshot sizes, regarding that discussion a few pages back. However in the last round, there weren't any entries which I felt were too big, so I'd rather not put in any size restrictions so I'll change the rule to discourage too large entries, as they can't be placed inline very well because this may break the table on some browsers and cause long loading times.

edit: I realised I still had the first post saying "closed"... so to reiterate: submissions are open and the theme is Intermodal! :D

_________________
--Stuff I made (or helped make)--
ImageImageImageImage

--My Award-Winning Screenshots and Videos--


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:25 am 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:44 am
Posts: 2683
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Container Terminals near Newcastle.


Attachments:
GarryG.png [1.03 MiB]
Not downloaded yet

_________________
Soot Happens
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
AuzTrains & AuzTrainsNSW: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
AuzInd (Industry Set): http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
AuzObjects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
AuzBridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
AuzStations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
AuzTracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:54 am 
Offline
Engineer
Engineer

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:16 am
Posts: 58
Location: Calgary, Canada
Containerisation has changed the consist of the trains that regularly traverse these mountains. Huge long trains full of containerised goods make their way from the western ports with goods from the Far East for distribution across the rest of the nation. These container trains are so long that one end will still be entering the tunnel as the front exits. Quite the spectacle inspired by the Spiral Tunnels in the Rocky Mountains.


Attachments:
Spiralised Containers.png [538.12 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:33 am 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:46 pm
Posts: 1858
Location: Ipswich
A busy day at the docks. Cargo is transshipped between road, rail and sea in this sprawling freight terminal.


Attachments:
JGR Intermodal Freight.png [1.54 MiB]
Not downloaded yet

_________________
Ex TTDPatch Coder, Grumpy Greymuzzle
Avatar by MoonsongWolf.
Patch Pack, Github
Dad-Coder since April 2018
Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:32 pm 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:37 am
Posts: 3007
Location: Straya
Good to see you here JGR!

Here's my entry:
Quote:
the harbour and foundry at Pokrov, where transshipment occurs between river boats, trains and trucks. Goods from the foundry are transported near and far by the various transport methods - out to sea by ship, to the nearby cities by truck, and to distant inland cities by train. An empty steel train pulls out of the station and a busy mainline passes nearby.


Attachments:
JUL18SOTM.PNG
JUL18SOTM.PNG [ 227.94 KiB | Viewed 1319 times ]

_________________
--Stuff I made (or helped make)--
ImageImageImageImage

--My Award-Winning Screenshots and Videos--
Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:43 pm 
Offline
Engineer
Engineer

Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:39 pm
Posts: 9
During the 60s, the most common form of transport goods by the company is by containers. Goods arrived from ships to be redistributed by trains to big cities, and by trucks to industries.


Attachments:
Swiss Federal Railway, 10 Jan 1973.png [482.07 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:12 am 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:57 pm
Posts: 1651
Location: Courbevoie, near Paris, France
Hey,

I won't be participating this month, so don't worry, i simply didn't have anything to enter :wink:

_________________
NewGRFs by Tony Pixel :
North American Passenger Railroads
Not Enough Subways


My screenshots


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:23 pm 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 1696
Location: Russia, Samara
I, too, has no suitable screenshots to participate in the current theme :wink: .
Good luck to all those who have already sent their screenshots :D . Decent and interesting screenshots.

_________________
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:35 pm 
Offline
Engineer
Engineer

Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:43 pm
Posts: 36
Location: Lisboa,Portugal
A river port in a metal fabrication plant. The metal that come is transformed in goods. Nowadays is possible to transport almost every kind of cargo in containers, in a intermodal way.


Attachments:
SOTM_jul_mrjj.png [787.96 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:48 pm 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:05 pm
Posts: 5382
Location: Canada
A long long time ago in the future, the City of Ottawa found itself a victim of "climate change" and became a seaport which resulted in a scattering of docks and small harbours. Something had to be done. In their eminent wisdom, the local authorities accepted a bribe and contracted wallyweb Engineering to design a solution. The proposal was to develop an offshore island as an intermodal terminal, but there was no island. Here we see progress in the creation of an island, conveniently located close to company headquarters. A new channel had to be dredged and the stones and sand were used to build the island. Metal and lumber and supplies arrive at temporary docks, some by train to a shunting station (upper left). Lumber is being used for wooden staging in preparation for a proper rail bridge. Adjacent to that we see the temporary causeway for road access. It will be replaced by something nice and modern. Next to that we see the beginnings of a suspended monorail which will connect to a site control center yet to be erected. Note the old harbour crane next to the steel dock. It was bought at auction from a now sunken city and is being used to train staff in preparation for the installation of new cranes more appropriate to container handling.

Attachment:
File comment: Ottawa Intermodal Terminal
Aerial View

July 2018 Contest.png
July 2018 Contest.png [ 86.67 KiB | Viewed 1167 times ]

_________________
wallyweb on tt-forums: Screenshots - Projects - Releases
wallyweb on Simuscape: Projects - Releases
Other Stuff: TTDPatch 2.6 "Nightly" download - cirdan's OpenTTD branch (New Map Features)
Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2015 - Tied May 2016 - January 2018


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:25 pm 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:09 am
Posts: 5238
Emperor Jake wrote:
edit: I realised I still had the first post saying "closed"... so to reiterate: submissions are open and the theme is Intermodal! :D

And, BTW, you have still the first post saying "Submissions are currently OPEN for June 2018." :p

Attachment:
File comment: Transition period for Rondhattan Ridge harbour. The process of change toward containerisation is in full swing, and very soon the traditional piece goods handling will fade into insignificance.
Rondhattan Ridge Transport, 14. Apr 1991.png
Rondhattan Ridge Transport, 14. Apr 1991.png [ 117.49 KiB | Viewed 1081 times ]

regards
Michael

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:44 pm 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 1696
Location: Russia, Samara
I did find a screenshot of my newest game I started recently :D . So here's my screenshot for the competition :arrow: :

Attachment:
File comment: The paper mill is located on the coast of the Ob river. There is a large cargo terminal for the transportation of goods from the factory by different modes of transport to the destination: ships, trucks and freight trains.
SOTM0718_STD_Intermodal.png [460.13 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

_________________
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:02 pm 
Offline
Engineer
Engineer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:20 pm
Posts: 83
Location: Kaon Prison, Cybertron
A bit late, but here's a purpose built port I made for the competition.
I'm a bit of an intermodal enthusiast I must admit, I love containers! :D

Attachment:
Screenshot comp entry - Julu 18.png [3.41 MiB]
Not downloaded yet

_________________
Some links to stuff I've made:
-=RUKTS=- | -=NML Py-Patcher (a Python 3.0 pre-compiler)=- | -=Screenshots=- | -=Doom Soundtrack port to OpenTTD=-


Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:41 am 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:37 am
Posts: 3007
Location: Straya
The entries are in! Several new contestants this round, a warm welcome to them! :D


Emperor Jake
Quote:
the harbour and foundry at Pokrov, where transshipment occurs between river boats, trains and trucks. Goods from the foundry are transported near and far by the various transport methods - out to sea by ship, to the nearby cities by truck, and to distant inland cities by train. An empty steel train pulls out of the station and a busy mainline passes nearby.

Image



FulliAutomatix
Quote:
A bit late, but here's a purpose built port I made for the competition.
I'm a bit of an intermodal enthusiast I must admit, I love containers! :D

Image



GarryG
Quote:
Container Terminals near Newcastle.

Image



JGR
Quote:
A busy day at the docks. Cargo is transshipped between road, rail and sea in this sprawling freight terminal.

Image



kjuao9
Quote:
During the 60s, the most common form of transport goods by the company is by containers. Goods arrived from ships to be redistributed by trains to big cities, and by trucks to industries.

Image



le_harv
Quote:
Containerisation has changed the consist of the trains that regularly traverse these mountains. Huge long trains full of containerised goods make their way from the western ports with goods from the Far East for distribution across the rest of the nation. These container trains are so long that one end will still be entering the tunnel as the front exits. Quite the spectacle inspired by the Spiral Tunnels in the Rocky Mountains.

Image



mr jj
Quote:
A river port in a metal fabrication plant. The metal that come is transformed in goods. Nowadays is possible to transport almost every kind of cargo in containers, in a intermodal way.

Image



michael blunck
Quote:
Transition period for Rondhattan Ridge harbour. The process of change toward containerisation is in full swing, and very soon the traditional piece goods handling will fade into insignificance.

Image



STD
Quote:
The paper mill is located on the coast of the Ob river. There is a large cargo terminal for the transportation of goods from the factory by different modes of transport to the destination: ships, trucks and freight trains.

Image



trainman1432
Quote:
Conveniently close to a body of water, a factory is served by a LARGE intermodal terminal. Trains unload grain, livestock, and transfer cargo to the terminal where things are shipped out by freighter through sea and through land via trolleytrucks and trains

Image



wallyweb
Quote:
A long long time ago in the future, the City of Ottawa found itself a victim of "climate change" and became a seaport which resulted in a scattering of docks and small harbours. Something had to be done. In their eminent wisdom, the local authorities accepted a bribe and contracted wallyweb Engineering to design a solution. The proposal was to develop an offshore island as an intermodal terminal, but there was no island. Here we see progress in the creation of an island, conveniently located close to company headquarters. A new channel had to be dredged and the stones and sand were used to build the island. Metal and lumber and supplies arrive at temporary docks, some by train to a shunting station (upper left). Lumber is being used for wooden staging in preparation for a proper rail bridge. Adjacent to that we see the temporary causeway for road access. It will be replaced by something nice and modern. Next to that we see the beginnings of a suspended monorail which will connect to a site control center yet to be erected. Note the old harbour crane next to the steel dock. It was bought at auction from a now sunken city and is being used to train staff in preparation for the installation of new cranes more appropriate to container handling.

Image

_________________
--Stuff I made (or helped make)--
ImageImageImageImage

--My Award-Winning Screenshots and Videos--


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:13 am 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 1696
Location: Russia, Samara
I congratulate with the victory screenshot FulliAutomatix :D . Everything is done perfectly and with taste. Excellent port industrial zone :)) .
I'm waiting for the announcement of the new theme :wink:. In this time i didn't vote for screenshots. I just watched the outcome of the vote. I thought this time it would be a tie :) . But the winner beat the nearest competitor by two votes.

_________________
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:45 am 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:05 pm
Posts: 5382
Location: Canada
This is Ground Control to Emperor Jake
We finally have the votes
And the players want to know what theme you and FulliAutomatix share
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

Sorry David but the oddity of this parody is that it's all in good fun. :lol:

_________________
wallyweb on tt-forums: Screenshots - Projects - Releases
wallyweb on Simuscape: Projects - Releases
Other Stuff: TTDPatch 2.6 "Nightly" download - cirdan's OpenTTD branch (New Map Features)
Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2015 - Tied May 2016 - January 2018


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:08 pm 
Offline
Engineer
Engineer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:20 pm
Posts: 83
Location: Kaon Prison, Cybertron
I know the winner decides the next theme, but I don't know how the system works.
So I'll just say what I suggested to EmperorJake:
City Suburbs

_________________
Some links to stuff I've made:
-=RUKTS=- | -=NML Py-Patcher (a Python 3.0 pre-compiler)=- | -=Screenshots=- | -=Doom Soundtrack port to OpenTTD=-


Image


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 942 posts ]  Go to page Previous 138 39 40 41 4248 Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kamnet and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000-2018 phpBB Limited

Copyright © Owen Rudge/The Transport Tycoon Forums 2001-2018.
Hosted by Zernebok Hosting.